Alice Cooper.

Jez

Been getting on a real Alice Cooper kick as of late, listening to the stuff I had previously by him and also investing in some of his back catologue I hadn't heard before, or only had previously on vinyl. He has a huge, very varied body of work out there, that has influenced so many of the bands we all listen to today, which for me is split into 4 groupings, His early 1969-74 era (Pretties, Killer, Billion Dolar Babies etc), His weird period from 1978 - 84 'From The Inside, Dada, Zipper Catches Skin etc, His Hard rock re-birth 1986- 1990 (Constrictor, T.R.A.S.H ETC), To his more recent stuff like 'Brutal Planet, Dirty Diamonds' and this years excellent 'Along Came A Spider'.

Just wondering if there were any other Alice fans out there and what albums you all like, if any!.

I'll start off with my faves

Killer

Billion Dollar Babies

Welcome To My Nightmare

From The Inside

Special Forces

T.R.A.S.H

Hey Stoopid!

Brutal Planet

Dirty Diamonds

Along Came A Spider

Pretty good list you got there.

I would go with:

Billion Dollar Babies

Welcome To My Nightmare

Special Forces

Trash

The Special Forces release really grows on you... You gotta love a release whith a song titled "Look at You Over There, Ripping the Sawdust from my Teddybear".

If I have one thing in this world to thank my jerk, ac-tor brother for, it was his introduction of strange and wonderful rock music to me in the early 1970's - one of which was the Alice Cooper album, Love It To Death, which I still know backwards and forward to this day. For me, no line-up beats the Cooper, Buxton, Dunaway, Bruce and Smith version.

I've just copied this from another thread which pretty much sums up what I think of Alice Cooper...The only album I don't own is "Along Come A Spider" which I have heard but like his last few albums, does not really excite me....I will get it one day because I simply will have to own it because I have every other album he has done.

Billion Dollar Babies was the first vinyl album I owned and got it for a Christmas present when it was just released and "No More Mr Nice Guy" is still one of my all time favourite songs and as a child, Alice was my God.

I love all the albums from "Killer" through to "From The Inside" especially one of the greatest albums of all time IMO, that being 'Billion Dollar Babies" and another underrated gem in 'Muscle Of Love"

I too was not a huge fan from "Flush The Fashion" {even though it did have some good tracks} through to "Dada" and from "Constrictor" through to "The Last Temptation" I reckon' his form returned.

Even though I don't dislike what he has done since then, I just can't compare it in quality to any of his early releases and to me, he just is not the Alice I once knew and worshiped.

Alice is my favorite artist. Hands down. He has influenced it all, my friends.

My top 5 favorite Cooper albums:

WTMN (My favorite album, period.)

From The Inside

Love It To Death

Goes To Hell

Brutal Planet

The only Cooper albums I do not like are "Trash" (maybe the worst album ever recorded. Sounds extreme, but it's my belief) and the new "Along Came A Spider". ACAS sounds like an uninspired, thrown together, directionless album to me.

I have been trying to get an Alice Cooper comp cd made with little luck, just need to sit down one of these days and do it. My favorite cd's would be:

Special Forces

Billion Dollar Babies

Constrictor

Raise Your Fist And Yell

Trash

Hey Stoopid

My favorite track would have to be the Spirit remake "I Got A Line On You" which was on the Iron Eagle II (or was it III) soundtrack but I found it on some kind of best of his 80's/early 90's release called "A Nice Nightmare".

I really like Alice Cooper. The ones I have/my faves from him: Constrictor, Raise Your Fist And Yell, Trash, Hey Stoopid, and I'm gonna pick up his new one Along Came A Spider soon since I've been listening to that one while playing his online pinball game and it kicks ass! I also have Dragontown which is good but not up there with all the other ones I mentioned. I'll have to pull that one out soon and give it a listen though. Alice Cooper is the man! :banger:

I only know KILLER and I've always considered to be KILLER ! :banger:

The only Cooper album I do not like are "Trash" (maybe the worst album ever recorded. Sounds extreme, but it's my belief)...

Holy crap, buddy, "Trash" is a masterpiece, in my opinion, and easily my favorite Alice Cooper CD. Calling it the worst album ever recorded is kind of like calling Megan Fox the ugliest woman in the history of cinema. "Trash" is full of monster hooks, catchy anthems, perfect 80s-style production...why do you hate it so? Were you touched inappropriately by a dirty ol' uncle while this album played in the background or something??

• 3 weeks later...
"Trash" and "Hey Stoopid" were the only two Cooper albums that ever cut it for me. Yup, you read it right. May the stoning commence :P

If by stoning you mean praise, here is mine. ;)

Seriously, I cannot get into his early stuff and although I have not actually heard the new disc, I own the 'Brutal Planet' and his other recent one. What's it called?

Either way, at the end of the day I love 'Trash' and 'Hey Stoopid' but really have no time for the rest at all.

When you get right down to it, "TRASH" is essentially a Desmond Child album that just happens to have Alice Cooper singing on it.

Just sayin'. :P

When you get right down to it, "TRASH" is essentially a Desmond Child album that just happens to have Alice Cooper singing on it.

Just sayin'. :P

This is true.

I have internally acknowledged the fact that, like Cher, Alice Cooper probably barely wrote a note on his best two albums. :)

You say that like it's a bad thing. ;)

You say that like it's a bad thing. ;)

Not at all, merely makin' an observation. Hell, the Scorpions' HUMANITY HOUR I was pretty much all Desmond too, and I loved that album... it was my fave of '07.

IMO, there isn't a single good song on Trash, for that reason I think its the worst album ever. I'm glad that Alice got a nice paycheck for it, but there is nothing of value on that disc if you ask me. It was like Alice singing for TRixter or something, ugh, just atrocious! Coincidentally, I do not understand why people find Megan Fox attractive. She looks like she may be a robot. I like a little personality from a woman.

IMO, there isn't a single good song on Trash...it's the worst album ever....there is nothing of value on that disc...just atrocious! Coincidentally, I do not understand why people find Megan Fox attractive.

You don't like "Trash" and think Megan Fox is unattractive? What's it like being a gay man with piss-poor taste in music?