The Office with Ricky Gervais

Faron

I have both series and the Christmas Special on dvd but the 2nd series disc got scratched somehow (:crying: ) so I`ve ordered it for £5 from Playcom.

Took me a while to get into but one of the funniest programmes shown on British TV for absolutely years IMO :bowdown:

Not everyone gets the documentary style comedy but it really is some of the funniest stuff ever, again IMO :tumbsup:

Everyone must of seen the dance scene at sometime, somewhere

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6P-lwS0lQ

Classic stuff :tumbsup:

Anyone else like this show? :unsure:

Never seen the Brit version, but have to admit I LOVE the US version of this show. I often note how there is nothing on TV... but this is one show I do love to watch.

Never seen the Brit version, but have to admit I LOVE the US version of this show. I often note how there is nothing on TV... but this is one show I do love to watch.

Never really watched the US version but have read good reviews on it. :)

The original Brit version is classic Brit sense of humour, don`t know if that makes it funny or not? :lol:

Is to me though! :tumbsup:

I've never seen the British version either but it certainly seems that the US version of "The Office" is one of the few times where American TV adopted a Brit show and didn't screw it up. (The others being "All In The Family" and "Three's Company")

Ricky Gervais is a pretty funny fella -- he was a guest character on "The Simpsons" a season or two ago as well.

I've never seen the British version either but it certainly seems that the US version of "The Office" is one of the few times where American TV adopted a Brit show and didn't screw it up. (The others being "All In The Family" and "Three's Company")

Ricky Gervais is a pretty funny fella -- he was a guest character on "The Simpsons" a season or two ago as well.

Gervais has never been funnier than in The Office, laugh out loud, really makes you cringe with his embarrasing, bullshit office banter, I`m blushing thinking about it, brilliant :tumbsup:

Everyone probably knows someone like David Brent (his character) in real life, I probably work with one or two of them :lol:

• My Little Pony
The Uk version is one of my all time favourites. Ive also got all the dvd's. The first time i saw it i was just "what the?!"... , however the 2nd time i couldnt stop laughing.

The US version is decent, but the original UK version craps all over it..

Yeah, it took me an episode to get into it - i wasn't used to the mockumentary style - but I love it. I saw the first season of the British Office, I haven't seen the second, whereas I've seen up to season four of the American Office. They're both bloody hilarious.

Brilliant show, great, well written and cringingly embarassing stuff at times. Not being pro British here, but the UK version was much much better than the US version, which I thought didn't translate nearly half aswell, mainly due to bloke playing the lead role was nowhere near Ricky Gervais's fantastic character, which made the whole show so, great.

Brilliant show, great, well written and cringingly embarassing stuff at times. Not being pro British here, but the UK version was much much better than the US version, which I thought didn't translate nearly half aswell, mainly due to bloke playing the lead role was nowhere near Ricky Gervais's fantastic character, which made the whole show so, great.

I honestly can't compare as I'm yet to see the UK one but I think Steve Carell is freakin' brilliant in the US one.

For those who have worked in offices like this... its scary how realistic some of it is and how you can relate.

The support cast, esp Tim and Gareth, do fantastic performances also.

The Office is one of the best ever. I loved Tim - he sums up the whole dry British sense of humour in a nut shell (or in jelly if you prefer!). The US version was OK but once you've seen the best you forget the rest! My boss is totally David Brent - even down to the dancing / singing round the office. God help me!!

I honestly can't compare as I'm yet to see the UK one but I think Steve Carell is freakin' brilliant in the US one.

Yeah Carell is good, but the more stripped-down documentary style of the UK version actually makes it seem more lifelike. I like both, but the original UK version is probably my fave ever comedy show. And Extras is every bit as good, even the movie version - which is brilliant.

My boss is totally David Brent - even down to the dancing / singing round the office.

He sounds like a cool guy ! ;)

The Uk version is one of my all time favourites. Ive also got all the dvd's. The first time i saw it i was just "what the?!"... , however the 2nd time i couldnt stop laughing.

Excellent show, can`t decide which episode is the best as they`re all funny and so true to life! :tumbsup:

Yeah, it took me an episode to get into it - i wasn't used to the mockumentary style - but I love it. I saw the first season of the British Office, I haven't seen the second, whereas I've seen up to season four of the American Office. They're both bloody hilarious.

The 2nd series is excellent too mate, cant go wrong with this show, I need to start having a look at the US version! :tumbsup:

A lot of admirers of this great show in here Jez :tumbsup:

Quite a few people I know can`t get used to the style and humour of this show, very original and piss yourself funny I think :)

A great series. I also liked Ricky Gervais's 'Extras'

Extras was excellent too, especially the first series.

The one with Grant Mitchell and Vinnie Jones was hilarious as was the one with Herman Munster boot :tumbsup:

In fact all were excellent, just so funny :tumbsup:

The Office is one of the best ever. I loved Tim - he sums up the whole dry British sense of humour in a nut shell (or in jelly if you prefer!). The US version was OK but once you've seen the best you forget the rest! My boss is totally David Brent - even down to the dancing / singing round the office. God help me!!

Tim was a great character, Gareth was such a knob, really annoying. :lol:

David Brent is in every work place, I`m sure of that :lol:

The cleaner makes me laugh, just stood in the background staring at the camera :)

A great series. I also liked Ricky Gervais's 'Extras'

Backed, I actually preferred 'Extras' to 'The Office'.

Both great shows, was a little disappointed with the 2nd series of Extras, not up to the extremely high standard of the first series! :)

Which was your favourite Extras episode? :tumbsup:

Yeah Carell is good, but the more stripped-down documentary style of the UK version actually makes it seem more lifelike. I like both, but the original UK version is probably my fave ever comedy show. And Extras is every bit as good, even the movie version - which is brilliant.

Spot on Tim, both great and certainly refreshingly original :tumbsup: