The Office with Ricky Gervais

Faron

A great series. I also liked Ricky Gervais's 'Extras'

Backed, I actually preferred 'Extras' to 'The Office'.

Both great shows, was a little disappointed with the 2nd series of Extras, not up to the extremely high standard of the first series! :)

Which was your favourite Extras episode? :tumbsup:

one which really sticks was with Kate Winslet.

A great series. I also liked Ricky Gervais's 'Extras'

Backed, I actually preferred 'Extras' to 'The Office'.

Both great shows, was a little disappointed with the 2nd series of Extras, not up to the extremely high standard of the first series! :)

Which was your favourite Extras episode? :tumbsup:

one which really sticks was with Kate Winslet.

:tumbsup:

I found the UK OFFICE on DVD long before the US version came out, loved it!

I'm a big fan of the US verson too, but it's a rather different show. The Steve Carrel charactor has become a sensitive, clueless dufus, while the Gervais one is really more of a BS-ing jerk. Also, the US Dwight gets odder every episode...

Anyone elso notice the newer Andy charactor started off as an "evil" ass, but has slowly turned likeable? I even feel a bit sorry for him now :)

I found the UK OFFICE on DVD long before the US version came out, loved it!

I'm a big fan of the US verson too, but it's a rather different show. The Steve Carrel charactor has become a sensitive, clueless dufus, while the Gervais one is really more of a BS-ing jerk. Also, the US Dwight gets odder every episode...

Anyone elso notice the newer Andy charactor started off as an "evil" ass, but has slowly turned likeable? I even feel a bit sorry for him now :)

Nice to see see love for this show :tumbsup:

I hate Steve Carell and the office. he is SO not funny. just an utter asshole.

That aside, have you watched the UK (original) version? :unsure::tumbsup:

I hate Steve Carell and the office. he is SO not funny. just an utter asshole.

Women are from Pluto and dudes are from Uranus and all that...

While I enjoy the U.S. version, I absolutely love the UK Office. The big payoff involving Tim and Dawn in the Xmas special is one of the most gratifying TV viewing moments ever IMHO. :tumbsup:

While I enjoy the U.S. version, I absolutely love the UK Office. The big payoff involving Tim and Dawn in the Xmas special is one of the most gratifying TV viewing moments ever IMHO. :tumbsup:

That was great stuff :tumbsup:

I didnt particularly enjoy 'The Office' (UK version)....that said I can understand why most prefer it to the US version. Gervais as Brent is pretty good I'll admit.

But I do prefer 'Extras'.....I loved the way they portrayed the 'celebs' as completely different to what you think! Patrick Stewart as a dirty old perv was classic.

I didnt particularly enjoy 'The Office' (UK version)....that said I can understand why most prefer it to the US version. Gervais as Brent is pretty good I'll admit.

But I do prefer 'Extras'.....I loved the way they portrayed the 'celebs' as completely different to what you think! Patrick Stewart as a dirty old perv was classic.

Grant Mitchell was a pathetic wimp - out of character?? :lol:

Les Dennis was a pathetic loser in love :lol:

Every episode was great and really funny :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony
Really enjoying the 2nd series of The Office at the moment.

Up to Episode 4 :tumbsup:

American Office? Season 3 is where it gets real good.

Over the last couple of days I`ve watched about 6 episodes of the American version of The Office.

Very good, really enjoyed it, not sure which series they`re from?

One of the episodes is where Michael goes to a meeting with his female boss at the restaurant and ends up having a kiss.

Another good one was the present opening round the tree.

Last one I watched was on the boat with Capt Jack, pretty good.

David Brent comes across as a cringeworthy bullshitting know all, hard to take to him.

Michael seems really annoying but with a likeability factor :tumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

'The Office' (US) and 'America's Next Top Model' were the only shows I had taped for me while I was on my holiday so last night I sat down to 3 episodes of 'The Office'. What a treat. I lol'd quite a bit.

'The Office' (US) and 'America's Next Top Model' were the only shows I had taped for me while I was on my holiday so last night I sat down to 3 episodes of 'The Office'. What a treat. I lol'd quite a bit.

You watch America`s Next Top Model too? Mrs Rock Fan and I enjoy this :)

You watch America`s Next Top Model too? Mrs Rock Fan and I enjoy this :)

Absolutely love it. These 2 shows are all that's watchable on TV at the moment. Damn the cast this year is ugly, though. I doubt you'd be seeing the same cycle over there in the UK, but in the one on at the moment in Australia the only good looker there is a plus size girl. I forget her name. I forget all their names. :(