Begone Evil Weed

Jez

The time has come to follow Keef's excellent example and finally pack in the evils that are Tobacco. I have been to have a proper check over with the nurse, and now, armed with tablets and loads of determination, I am gonna kick these fuckers for good. The last one was stubbed out last night, so 24 hrs in and going strong.

I may be old and grumpy for the next few weeks, so bear with me, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

J :drink:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats sir. You know you have my support.

As for me, I will confess I cheated on my quit for about a week in mid-summer but have been back "on the wagon" since then. I'm not counting days anymore though cuz it was driving me crazy trying to keep the #'s straight...

Good luck Jez. Now you can spend the extra money on buying gifts for me so we all win.

btw, have I seen your thoughts on 'Shockangerdenialhomosexualityacceptance' anywhere?

Good luck giving up mate ...... it was always disheartening when we'd go for a beer looking through the window at you, bedraggled, smoking outside in the pouring Manchester rain as I bounced serving wenches on my knee by the roasting fire hawhawhaw!

Good luck Jez. Now you can spend the extra money on buying gifts for me so we all win.

btw, have I seen your thoughts on 'Shockangerdenialhomosexualityacceptance' anywhere?

My valuable thoughts have, as of yet, not been posted on said disc. I will correct this, once a few more spins have occured of said diskette.

Good luck giving up mate ...... it was always disheartening when we'd go for a beer looking through the window at you, bedraggled, smoking outside in the pouring Manchester rain as I bounced serving wenches on my knee by the roasting fire hawhawhaw!

The whole reason why I am giving these fuckers up mate. You looked like you were struggling to enjoy yourself in my absence. Now we can bounce and laugh and drink without interruption. :drink:

Yeah, that reminds me of our "session" in Manchester !! :rofl2:

Good luck, mate ! I am sure you will succeed !! :drink:

Good Luck Jez... :drink:

Geoff...where do you come up with this stuff from?? :rofl2:

Fair play for wanting to give up Jez

My wife found it hard and now she`s around 8 years quit :tumbsup:

I`ve never even had a drag as I despise the things but each to their own :tumbsup:

Regarding you being old and grumpy, I was only joking my friend :lol:

:lol:

Now you got more time to add to your other vice!!! :beerbang::puke::drink:

If you quit that, then your really fucked!!! :crying:

Absolutely NO chance of that happening mate! :D

does the occasional doob count? or are you quittin entirely?

don't do something crazy now man!

Anything with Tobacco in is a no no, so yes the spliff has to go aswell. I get checked every week by the nurse, so I will get found out if I have had anything at all. It's like being back at school again!!

does the occasional doob count? or are you quittin entirely?

don't do something crazy now man!

Anything with Tobacco in is a no no, so yes the spliff has to go aswell. I get checked every week by the nurse, so I will get found out if I have had anything at all. It's like being back at school again!!

shame, nothing wrong with an occasional spliff...but when you got a nurse breathing down your neck every week its kinda hard to hide...

i respect your decision even more now :tumbsup:

Jez... Good Luck. Sounds like you are making a 100% effort.

Whenever you think about a smoke.. just think of the next CD you can buy with the money you are saving. :beerbang:

and if you dont chew much gum then you should start chewing it....not neccessarily nicotine gum...just anything

ive never had to quit, cause i never never started, but i got into a real habit of chewing gum a couple of years ago...just something to do......ive heard it works!