Riot - Favorite Album

Riot - Favorite Album  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As most regulars around know, I'm huge fan of the band Riot.

While I love all 4 eras of the band it was the Mike Dimeo era that got me into the band so that is my fave era of Riot.

My fav album is probably "Sons of Society" with "Fire Down Under", "Through the Storm", "Restless Breed", "Army of One" and "Thundersteel" up there for me too.

Again while I loved all 4 of the vocalists my fav is Mike Dimeo.

The cool thing about this band, IMO at least, is that with 4 different eras of the band you get 4 different sounds so it's almost like there's 4 different bands. :tumbsup:

You got the Pre-NWOBHM style with the early Guy Speranza(R.I.P.) lineup, you have a more Classic Hard Rock/Metal style with the Rhett Forester(R.I.P.) lineup, The more Classic/Traditional/Power Metal style with the Tony Moore fronted lineup and lastly an almost Rainbow style sound with the Mike Dimeo fronted band.

'Fire Down Under' for me (with my alltime fave Riot song 'Outlaw') although I really like 'Narita' as well. Guy Speranza on vox for me too.

"Restless Breed".Shame about what happened to Rhett.Also,like "Thundersteel".Some nice drumming from Jarzombek'on there.

Jarzombek's drumming is one of the biggest reasons that "Sons of Society" stands out for me, then again

Bobby kicked ass on every Riot album he played on. :bowdown:

Thundersteel, Born In America, and Nightbreaker are my faves from this awesome band. Chose Thundersteel for my favorite. :banger:

I've only heard two Riot albums (thanks to Wes) - THUNDERSTEEL and THE PRIVILEGE OF POWER -- and of the two I'd say I dig THUNDERSTEEL more.

Riot is one of those bands I've always meant to explore more thoroughly but have not quite gotten around to it yet.

I've only heard two Riot albums (thanks to Wes) - THUNDERSTEEL and THE PRIVILEGE OF POWER -- and of the two I'd say I dig THUNDERSTEEL more.

Riot is one of those bands I've always meant to explore more thoroughly but have not quite gotten around to it yet.

So you voted for "Thundersteel"? :banger:

If you weren't sure who the singer was it's Tony Moore. :tumbsup:

Actually I didn't think it was fair to vote since I only know those two albums, so I didn't.

Actually I didn't think it was fair to vote since I only know those two albums, so I didn't.

Just go for it because trust me knowing your tastes that would be by far your favorite album. :headbanger:

Just go for it because trust me knowing your tastes that would be by far your favorite album. :headbanger:

Yes, sir. It's your poll so that makes you the boss. :whistle:

That was tough...although I'm limited to the period up to Thundersteel (didn't like that album so never went back I'm afraid).

I went for Fire Down Under ... Restless Breed second.

Both have some of my fave Riot songs....Swords n Tequila, Fire Down Under, Outlaw and especially Loved by You from Restless Breed ...the live version on the Riot - Live E.P./mini album was brilliant.

Fave vocalist I voted for Rhett Forrester...I always thought his vocals were more menacing but Guy Speranza was brilliant too....I'm kinda torn.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go with Narita but I love all the early ones and also really like "Through The Storm" :tumbsup:

• 4 months later...