Queensryche-"Operation:Mindcrime"

rob62972

Do you ever listen to an older disc and then realize how truly great it is?

I loved this disc from the beginning but after listening to it again recently, I noticed how truly awesome this disc is. Every song is good IMO. And a great story as well. Hard to believe this disc was released 20 years ago, in 1988.

I always thought their debut EP was their best release... now I'm starting to think that this was their brightest moment.

What a legendary disc that "Part 2" came nowhere close to achieving. Wish they would've done like WASP's "Crimson Idol" and just did two discs telling the whole story. I bet "Part 2" would have been much better.

What do you all think? And did you like the second chapter of the saga? And did you like the direction the band took musically after the "Empire" disc? I couldn't get into anything after "Empire". They just sounded to modern to me those last few releases. Even "OM:2" didn't return the band to their "classic" sound.

Yes "Operation:Mindcrime" is a killer disc, one of the best Metal cds ever IMO.

The only other Queensryche cd that's close to me is "The Warning" and "Rage for Order" is close too.

I have bought all of the studio albums since "Empire" but haven't loved them all. I don't hate them but there just not on the same level as the old stuff IMO. The OMC part 2 did have some good songs but it just don't sound like the same band.

Well "Mindcrime 2" is missing the chief songwriter, Chris DeGarmo. Losing that brilliant writer is a blow to anyone's band so the writing on OM2 will suffer as a result.

Operation Mindcrime is one of the albums I want buried with me when I die.

Operation Mindcrime is one of the albums I want buried with me when I die.

Very good statement, Keef !! Agreed !!

• 4 months later...

Operation Mindcrime is a great album as is Empire, Warning and Rage For Order IMO :headbanger:

This is certainly very different to what bands past and present have come up with.

Powerful guitars and vocals, still sounds good 20 years on :guitbannana:

If only Chris DeGarmo was to come back :crying:

Operation Mindcrime is one of the albums I want buried...

I agree...buried so I never have to hear it again. -_- When you're done digging the hole, can you throw some Iron Maiden albums in there too? Thanks. :gone:

(I can feel your hateful stares and I am not frightened. Pay no attention to that wet spot on the front of my pants...)

I agree...buried so I never have to hear it again. -_- When you're done digging the hole, can you throw some Iron Maiden albums in there too? Thanks. :gone:

(I can feel your hateful stares and I am not frightened. Pay no attention to that wet spot on the front of my pants...)

:axe:

:nyanya:

(I can feel your hateful stares and I am turned on by them. Pay no attention to that wet spot on the front of my frilly pink panties...)

:yikes:

:nyanya:

I would say something really horrible about Skid Row, but I love that band to much.

If only you liked a band that I hated my life would be more complete. <_<

Oh Mark please say it isn't so, how can you not like Mindcrime there isn't any keyboards in it.

Oh Mark please say it isn't so, how can you not like Mindcrime there isn't any keyboards in it.

It's tragic, Bob, but some people are simply born without taste. Mark appears to be one of those unfortunates. :nyanya:

It's tragic, Bob, but some people are simply born without taste. Mark appears to be one of those unfortunates. :nyanya:

...but he likes Testament so he can't be all that bad, maybe he just took a blow to the head recently and he's not thinking clearly, or maybe he's just a bit :screwy:

As well as no keyboards there are also no good songs on it. ;)

Oh Mark, please say it isn't so, how can you not like Mindcrime...there aren't any keyboards in it.

Sorry, boys, just not a Queensryche fan. Not one thing about "Mindcrime"--or any other Queensryche CD--strikes a chord with me. Takes more than an absence of keyboards to make an album good, it also takes an appealing vocalist, good hooks, and memorable choruses...all of which Queensryche lack. :devilgrin:

For the record, I don't hate Queensryche...but if all their CDs suddenly vanished from the face of the earth, I wouldn't lose one iota of sleep. :whistle:

I've never heard this album at all. I have the "Empire" album, & I don't like it enough to want to check out their other stuff....

Ive never heard it either. I did see them at a MOR fest a couple of years back (I went because Journey were playing :bowdown: ) and I thought they were shite.

Ive never heard it either. I did see them at a MOR fest a couple of years back (I went because Journey were playing :bowdown: ) and I thought they were shite.

They were quite disappointing at that gig, outside venue, short greatest hits set! - Journey rocked though!!!

'Mindcrime' is a monster album though for me.

They were quite disappointing at that gig, outside venue, short greatest hits set! - Journey rocked though!!!

'Mindcrime' is a monster album though for me.

I may have to check it out at some point - it certainly is one of those iconic albums. & with so many people on here lovin it - it must be pretty good.

:drink: