Stone Gods

zacharyamelie

I'll admit I liked some tracks from the Darkness and was sad to see them go. For those interested here is a link to the Stone Gods the new creation from the members of The Darkness after Justin left the band.

Stone Gods

Without the high pitched vocals of Justin it's hard to compare the new band to the old. IMO, Stone Gods has promise, I'm anxious to hear some more.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees! I've been waiting to hear what kind of sound these guys would come up with minus Justin, and I must say, "Burn the Witch" f'n rocks! :banger: Looking forward to hearing alot more from these guys! :taz:

When did *cringe* Justin leave the band? I didn’t even realise they’d split up. What happened? Why couldn’t they have split up before they decided to record the debut The Darkness album?

Justin went into rehad ages ago and left the band. Hes got some wacky looking solo project now. Theres a website for it somewhere... anyone know anymore about it? What its like?

Was he in rehab to get his voice fixed?

Justin went into rehad ages ago and left the band. Hes got some wacky looking solo project now. Theres a website for it somewhere... anyone know anymore about it? What its like?

Was he in rehab to get his voice fixed?

:rofl2:

No I think it was Heroin.

• 1 month later...

Check out Stone Gods' video for "You Brought a Knife to a Gunfight"

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...ideoid=26941055

Fawk yeah! :banger::banger:

Reminds me of ooooold Def Leppard crossed with some AC/DC.

I admit I liked The Darkness, well not all the songs but some of them were killer, so if the songwriting is still there, this should be easy to enjoy.

Reminds me of ooooold Def Leppard crossed with some AC/DC.

I admit I liked The Darkness, well not all the songs but some of them were killer, so if the songwriting is still there, this should be easy to enjoy.

Ive always liked them, even with Justin's voice.

That song sounds similar style to some of their other rockier songs, and yes quite an ACDC vibe...

This sounds promising. I always thought the Darkness were pretty good in what thy did - Good fun Rock 'n' Roll band, (people took them way too seriously at times). So many more worse bands around than them.

This sounds promising. I always thought the Darkness were pretty good in what thy did - Good fun Rock 'n' Roll band, (people took them way too seriously at times). So many more worse bands around than them.

:stupid: .....oops I mean :agree:

I always thought the Darkness were pretty good in what thy did - Good fun Rock 'n' Roll band, (people took them way too seriously at times).

You mean like the people who are quick to write off Poison... a "good fun rock n' roll band" who are clearly, in every conceivable way, a far better band than The Darkness could ever have dreamed of being? :P

I always thought the Darkness were pretty good in what thy did - Good fun Rock 'n' Roll band, (people took them way too seriously at times).

You mean like the people who are quick to write off Poison... a "good fun rock n' roll band" who are clearly, in every conceivable way, a far better band than The Darkness could ever have dreamed of being? :P

Please just F*ck off. I ain't biting!!!

Apologies to anyone else!!!

• 3 weeks later...

New EP coming out on the 25th. Here some samples from the 4 track EP. I sure they put out a full length before summer.

Samples from the Stone Gods EP

Touché

• 3 months later...

Well, colour me impressed. I've been lucky enough to get my ears on an advance copy of the debut full release from Stone Gods, 'Silver Spoons And Broken Bones'. And I have to say I am impressed.

I've never made any secret of the fact that I think The Darkness were a f*cking heap of shit band which didn't deserve the attention of the steam from my urine... but Stone Gods is a different story. It's amazing what a decent voice, a beefier sound and some good songs can do.

There are a couple of really out of place fillers (but luckily it is literally only a couple - well, maybe as much as 3 or 4 even, but not too much) but overall this is good solid hard rock that is going to hit the spot for traditionalists. The album reminds me a little of 'Bite Down Hard' from Britny Fox, for whatever reason.

The two songs off the EP, 'Burn The Witch' and the killer 'You Brought A Knife To A Gunfight' set the scene for most the disc, except, as I said, a few odd fillers. Overall I can see a huge portion of these songs hitting the mark with many viewers of this site - might be one of the surprises of 2008. Good solid hard rock.

Track list is:

1. Burn The Witch 4:44

2. Don't Drink The Water 2:47

3. Defend Or Die 4:58

4. You Brought A Knife To A Gunfight 3:07

5. Magdalene Street 3:56

6. Where You Coming From 3:12

7. Lazy Bones 3:57

8. I'm With The Band 4:17

9. Start Of Something 3:29

10. Making It Hard 3:12

11. Wasting Time 3:24

12. Knight Of The Living Dead 4:22

13. Oh Whereo My Beero 4:14

Well, colour me impressed. I've been lucky enough to get my ears on an advance copy of the debut full release from Stone Gods, 'Silver Spoons And Broken Bones'. And I have to say I am impressed.

I've never made any secret of the fact that I think The Darkness were a f*cking heap of shit band which didn't deserve the attention of the steam from my urine... but Stone Gods is a different story. It's amazing what a decent voice, a beefier sound and some good songs can do.

There are a couple of really out of place fillers (but luckily it is literally only a couple - well, maybe as much as 3 or 4 even, but not too much) but overall this is good solid hard rock that is going to hit the spot for traditionalists. The album reminds me a little of 'Bite Down Hard' from Britny Fox, for whatever reason.

The two songs off the EP, 'Burn The Witch' and the killer 'You Brought A Knife To A Gunfight' set the scene for most the disc, except, as I said, a few odd fillers. Overall I can see a huge portion of these songs hitting the mark with many viewers of this site - might be one of the surprises of 2008. Good solid hard rock.

Track list is:

1. Burn The Witch 4:44

2. Don't Drink The Water 2:47

3. Defend Or Die 4:58

4. You Brought A Knife To A Gunfight 3:07

5. Magdalene Street 3:56

6. Where You Coming From 3:12

7. Lazy Bones 3:57

8. I'm With The Band 4:17

9. Start Of Something 3:29

10. Making It Hard 3:12

11. Wasting Time 3:24

12. Knight Of The Living Dead 4:22

13. Oh Whereo My Beero 4:14

ooo,

whens this come out?

July 7th i think....i also have an advance copy but have yet to listen to it...

however, im seeing them tommorow night at a local club! itll be my first proper club gig too, the last big gigs were Wembley and Ricoh Stadium...

shame the album isnt out yet, i wouldnt mind having something for them to sign (theres like one exit to a little car park at this place, so its not hard to find them at the end of the show)

The album reminds me a little of 'Bite Down Hard' from Britny Fox, for whatever reason.

So that's what Tommy Paris/Don Jillson is up to these days, singing for Stone Gods! Damn does that sound like him or what? The first 4 tracks here absolutely smoke. After that they change gears and offer up a bunch of songs in a row that sound like Rod Stewart cast offs. Up until that point I was sold, now I'm not so sure.