The HH piccies thread

Faust

This would actually be a cool idea for a thread here, where people can post cool photos they've taken themselves. 90% of my artistic shots are of the ocean and coastline and it's surrounds, but I have taken some really nice ones (especially recently in Samoa) and it'd be cool to maybe get a thread going where we can show them off.

So, here we are. You have a digital camera ? Post here your photos, artistic, nude, landsight ... Whatever. Show us your hollydays, your grandma, your cat, your dog... If you think your piccies are a bit artistic, it's time to show us.

For a better appreciation plz try to post the piccies in a low res (300 ko max for 800x600 px max size).

I always seem to see the best shots when the camera is at home....dunno about arty but here's a few I like (didn't post my fave the bug being eaten by a Venus flytrap as I've already posted it once here)

Some toadstools on an old tree stump in the back garden taken about a month ago

221007a23-1.jpg

The cat getting warmed up...next to another cat (albeit stone)

FELIX240904.jpg

A couple of sunsets from St Pete's Beach, Fla.

TNAFLA111.jpg

FLA197.jpg

A tree ... just across the road from the house taken last November ... this is my desktop screen saver sometimes.

1tree.jpg

One taken at Disneyland of all places...this has also been a screen saver...kinda thought I'd see Michael Sadler swim into shot

fla11.jpg

Some horses taken in the field that backs onto the garden one misty day ...I dunno why I just like this one

021204P.jpg

I'll have to start taking my camera everywhere now :lol:

Great shots Nick !

I really love the tree, great mood on that one. The last one reminds me the Michael Sadler's thread ;)

Here is a recent shot inspired by Larry Gowan's 'Moonlight Desire' song (Yes I love to take piccies by night or sundown)...

1795648444_29a1d6a860.jpg

:lol:

I changed the last one to the horses pic...I think my fave is the toadstools. But I have to say Chris that one you just posted blows them outta the water it's fantastic

I'll have to start taking my camera everywhere now :lol:

That's what I do. My huge camera bag is always with me, even at work. Can't live without my CDs and camera :lol:

The horses in the mist are just great. Love this kind of eerie mood. Unfortunatly, there's no mist over here, it's pretty rare. I'd love to take pictures in the gloomy mist. I guess the England countrysides are perfect for that kind of shot.

Haha two more !

Here is some photographers buddies, good partners in pictures expeditions everywhere, even in impossible places :

Damien my good chap (damn a Nikon user ! The enemy !) :

1809598509_5b047f69cb.jpg

Mathias (the mad Nikon shooter), Lou and Céline having a cold beer after a long shooting afternoon :

1773248434_f8d5516b6c.jpg

Here is a pic of my beautiful niece Cassie

Cutie !

Wow...there are some kickass pics!!

Nick....love #3,5 and 6.

Chris......Jesus H......that pic is freakin' unbelievable!!!!!!!!!! Seriously....that is almost unreal!!!

2483359022.jpg

I took this of the Grand Tetons one morning when i was headed to South Dakota. stopped and took it with my 3 Mega Pixel camera. not too bad.

Holy Shitballs Widda...that is Fucking Incredible...Great Color...WOW!!

2483359022.jpg

I took this of the Grand Tetons one morning when i was headed to South Dakota. stopped and took it with my 3 Mega Pixel camera. not too bad.

Shore is purty.

Awesome piccies so far by everyone... as noted, that moonlit one is amazing, Chris. And, Nick... I those piccies too!!! You own a bigger older version of my cat! :) Really nicely done - love the toadstools, sunsets and cows. Sweet action also, Widow. Beautiful colouring.

Mine won’t be anywhere near as artistic – moreso just nice sceneries which speak for themselves and as I said, very much one-subject sort of coastline shots. But I hope I can get a few posted over the weekend.

I took this one in San Francisco. Thought it was kind of cool.

EmergencyExit.jpg

Wow great stuff !

TheWidowRhoads you have a talent.

Nice composition Bernd.

Can't wait to see the Geoff hol in Samoan as well

Here's another with a lot of graphic work on Photoshop. Inspired by the strange Jules Vernes (Nick :beerbang:) engines and machineries, plus the idea to show the beauty in decay (I hope).

2050431881_7de128d9bb.jpg

Some great great pics everyone. I will not bother showing mine, as I have no talent when it comes to this at all. Plus the picture of an empty beer glass would not be very exciting. Keep up the good work chaps & chapesses. :drink:

Okay guys, a couple from me. All very simple and unspectacular, but just a simple niceness in my opinion.

Forster:

DSCF3265.jpg

Seal Rocks:

DSCF3304.jpg

A picture in Samoa that just came out really nice... in my opinion anyway:

DSCF2927.jpg

An average, random shot in Samoa that just came out kind of cool, imo:

DSCF2875-1.jpg

Sunset on Phi Phi Island, Thailand:

DSCF2308.jpg

Dusk on the South Coast of NSW:

DSCF0902.jpg

An emu's head:

DSCF1011.jpg

Got a couple of more to upload, including my 2 faves of all mine. :)

Beautiful. Well done Geoff !

Here's a new one taken saturday. It reminds me a pirate's creek...

2079646838_393887e32c.jpg

Wow great stuff !

TheWidowRhoads you have a talent.

Nice composition Bernd.

Can't wait to see the Geoff hol in Samoan as well

Here's another with a lot of graphic work on Photoshop. Inspired by the strange Jules Vernes (Nick :beerbang:) engines and machineries, plus the idea to show the beauty in decay (I hope).

2050431881_7de128d9bb.jpg

I never saw this one till now. That's awesome - looks very kind of scary. I like it.

Here is my magnificent addition:: Whaddya reckon to the talent there then? Of special note, the exquisite light and shade, and rich, deep tones.

10.jpg

Beautiful. Well done Geoff !

Here's a new one taken saturday. It reminds me a pirate's creek...

2079646838_393887e32c.jpg

Taken on Saturday??? Where the hell were you, mate? That one is stunning. It looks like lava in the background?