The HH piccies thread

Faust

Man, everytime I see pics of Australia I want to go there. Great pics Geoff. You had the whole beach to yourself? Is that a non swimming area? Or is it too cold? And why dont you show more pics of your lovely wife? :whistle:

You naughty naughty man. This is my lovely wife at Black Point, which was this stunning beach/headland which took us about half an hour to walk to over the most massive sand dunes I've seen... in the national park up there. The surf on the other side was awesome too:

Untitled-Scanned-25.jpg

In the middle of the week, yeah, most of the beaches were empty. But even on the weekends, the main beach there was just huge and it was easy to find a space to yourself. Non-swimming? Hell no! There's no non-swimming areas in Australia and if there are you won't catch me there. ;) I spent heaps of time surfing on the holiday (some great surf too after some mid-week storms). Water's about 18 degrees celcius at the moment, so it's beautiful. Never too cold.

• My Little Pony

You take some nice shots. I've found that even the most beautiful places look dull if a muppet is in control of the camera. Is it a hobby of yours?

You take some nice shots. I've found that even the most beautiful places look dull if a muppet is in control of the camera. Is it a hobby of yours?

Yeah, I do enjoy it but I have never had a really good camera. Even the normal digital one I usually have (which I forgot this time round) isn't the best. And this Kodak disposabe was the pits... but I got a few okay results anyway. My wife and I are getting a good camera hopefully soon and then I'll get more into it. Whenever we go somewhere beautiful I do like to capture the best aspects of it as best I can. I'm no Chris (Faust) though... :)

n634582161_424261_8040-1.jpg

n634582161_424260_7402.jpg

Just looking back over this thread ('cause I'm bored sober) and I'd have to say these two photos of Matt and Jez are the cutest things I've ever seen in my life.

Damn those pugs are freaking CUTE!!!!!! :tumbsup:

That first picture of the 2 Aussie Rodent Dingoes is very cool mate. :tumbsup:

Haha... thanks guys. Yeah, them dingoes are savage creatures.

• 4 weeks later...

Went up to visit my brother on the weekend. He recently moved up to a quiet place on the North Coast of New South Wales called Forster. I bought up my new Christmas pressie and gave it a little work out:

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

And I dropped into Hawkes Nest on the way up... the place where we recently went on holidays and I forgot my camera:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

Stunning Picts Geoff!! Very nice area.

Thanks mate. Yeah, he's got the right idea. Everytime I visit him I wish I could just stay there. F*ck I hate the city...

What did you crop outta the first one?

The only one I cropped anything out of was this one:

IMG_0210.jpg

There were sunspot discolourations on the right hand side of the pic. Shame, as I took a few around this place but the sun got to them. Still got a lot to learn with the new camera... but I'm loving playing with it.

Is that the one you speak of? If not, which one? Pretty sure that's all I cropped on that batch.

• My Little Pony

IMG_0210.jpg

There were sunspot discolourations on the right hand side of the pic. Shame, as I took a few around this place but the sun got to them. Still got a lot to learn with the new camera... but I'm loving playing with it.

Is that the one you speak of? If not, which one? Pretty sure that's all I cropped on that batch.

The first with the big black 'boulder'. Is that not a cropping? It doesn't look natural.

IMG_0210.jpg

The first with the big black 'boulder'. Is that not a cropping? It doesn't look natural.

Just had a look and yeah, I see what you mean. I think I thought that first too. But yeah, I promise you that's 100% natural.

Went up to visit my brother on the weekend. He recently moved up to a quiet place on the North Coast of New South Wales called Forster. I bought up my new Christmas pressie and gave it a little work out:

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

And I dropped into Hawkes Nest on the way up... the place where we recently went on holidays and I forgot my camera:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

Those are absolutely beautiful Geoff!! :tumbsup: The color is fantastic and the images are sharp and crisp. I love'em. Especially the ones with the waves and blues skies. And the sunset freakin Rocks!!

Thanks kids. Yeah, my fave is that one with the breaking wave and the beach in the background. :) Makes me wish I was there now... :(

So impressive! Definitely makes me want to go there!! Sooooo beautiful!

Well!

I was going to post a pic or two, but after seeing Geoff's pic's. I don't dare to try :bowdown:

Well done Mate! :beerbang:

Post away mate! None of us are ever going to post anything like Chris (Faust) but it's still cool to see whatever pops up in this thread. Well, I like it anyway. :)