What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Not quite the calibre of the 2 Gebbia picked up (excellent grabs James!) but hey an alright haul for me none the less!

Mon Frere-Blood, Sweat And Swords

Echoes-The Best Of Pink Floyd (2cd)

The Professional-OSTS Eric Serra

Pearl Jam-S/T

The Crows-S/T

Tim Murphy-S/T

Monkhouse-Grudge

Stabbingback-Redeemer

Stabbingback-Ab*so*lu*tion

Buster Poindexter-Buster's Spanish Rocket Ship

Danny Gatton-Cruisin' Deuces

Better Than Ezra-Friction

Radiohead-Pablo Honey

Mile Nine-Stream Of Consciousness

Free Mary Jane-S/T

Apocolypse Now-OSTS (Germany)

KREATOR - Violent Revolution

DESTRUCTION - Antichrist

SODOM - M16

You nailed 2 of the best new German thrash cds in Sodom and Kreator (well, not new....but new compared to their old) :beerbang:

Saweeeet, can't wait to get these in the mail this week.

A couple more...

TANKARD - The Morning After (88 Noise pressing)

TANKARD - B-Day (AFM 2CD pressing)

Fuckin' Shweet!!!! :tumbsup:

I got some flea market finds today:

GLASS TIGER-THE THIN RED LINE

ONYX-SLAM (single)

ENGLISH STEEL 11-LUCKY STREAK

CHYLD-CONCEPTION

SANITARIUS-EYES TO THE SOUL E.P.

NARCOLEPTIC YOUTH-CHRONOLOGICAL DISORDER

Bargain basement alert:

HARLAN CAGE - Temple of Tears

CHASE - In Pursuit

ROB ROCK - Rage of Creation

JIMI JAMISON'S SURVIVOR - Empires

ARENA (SWEDEN) - Arena

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - As Daylight Dies

• 2023 Gold Donors
Mike Onesko's Guitar Army - Armageddon

:doh: For fuck sake.....

8 days after purchasing this from a website called CD Rare, I got a refund from them because they did not have the CD in stock.....

I then purchased it from CDminiLP website and well 4 weeks had passed and no CD had arrived so I emailed them them and asked when the item was shipped because it has not arrived as yet.

Well fuck me......This is part of their reply....

Unfortunately at the moment this cd is absent in a warehouse

We have ordered it in suppliers

As soon as it will be accessible we shall inform you

We did not charge your credit card concerning this order

Thanks and sorry, Michael

I sent an email back stating that it has now been four weeks and you did not even bother telling me along the way that you did not and still have not, got the CD in stock ?????

I said consider the order cancelled !!!!!

Just purchased it off ebay but it cost me a fair bit more :doh:

Hopefully third time lucky :unsure:

Mate, this used to be a fairly common release available in most local music stores round these parts......at least the one that I visited quite a lot til they closed up shop! Hope ya finally get it soon & enjoy! :beerbang:

Dare - Arc Of The Dawn

So is it Arc of the "yawn"?

Let's put it this way - it's pretty laid back, but didn't send me to sleep. I'll reserve judgement just yet. ;)

Manowar - Gods Of War

I sure hope it was cheap. :puke:

If you want some good Manowar get "Louder than Hell", "Into Glory Ride", "Hail to England", "Sign of the Hammer" or the debut. :banger:

Yup, got 'em. What's wrong with this one? I paid $8 for it. It's not even listed on the Brutal Metal site so it must really be bad! :lol:

It shoulda been titled Gods of SNORE. Booooooring!!

:rofl2: Now I have the chorus to the title track going through my head with "Snore" instead of "War".

(in Eric Adams style voice)Gods of Snooooooore!!!!!

I've had a chance to listen to Manowar - Gods of War...and it SUCKS ASS

Bargain basement alert:

HARLAN CAGE - Temple of Tears

CHASE - In Pursuit

ROB ROCK - Rage of Creation

JIMI JAMISON'S SURVIVOR - Empires

ARENA (SWEDEN) - Arena

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - As Daylight Dies

If someone asked me what my favourite CD from that lot was I'd probably surprise a few punters by naming JIMI JAMISON'S SURVIVOR - 'Empires' as my fave. Killswitch Engage is awesome, but indecipherable for the most part, the Rob Rock CD is actually very solid, despite a few fillers the Chase CD is okay, Harlan Cage are Harlan Cage - samey but not bad and I pretty much hate that Arena Sweden disc, but the Jim Jamison one actually kicks quite a lot of ass.

Anyway, thanks to Mikael:

Lovetrick - s/t

Angel Heart - 'Give me five'

Lance - 'While the giant sleeps'

CHRIS LANEY - Pure

PLACES OF POWER - Now Is The Hour

HESS - Just Another Day

LOS ANGELES (feat. Michele Luppi) - Los Angeles

SHAKRA - Everest

EMPTY TREMOR - The Alien Inside

JOHNNY LIMA - Made In California

VICIOUS MARY - Vicious Mary

TROPHY - The Gift Of Life

TNT - Transistor

SAINT DEAMON - Pandeamonium

PRIMAL FEAR - 16.6

PLACE VENDOME - Streets Of Fire

8 days after purchasing this from a website called CD Rare, I got a refund from them because they did not have the CD in stock.....

I then purchased it from CDminiLP website and well 4 weeks had passed and no CD had arrived so I emailed them them and asked when the item was shipped because it has not arrived as yet.

I sent an email back stating that it has now been four weeks and you did not even bother telling me along the way that you did not and still have not, got the CD in stock ?????

Mate, this used to be a fairly common release available in most local music stores round these parts......at least the one that I visited quite a lot til they closed up shop! Hope ya finally get it soon & enjoy! :beerbang:

Thank fuck ......This one finally arrived today and enjoy I certainly will :tumbsup:

Thank fuck ......This one finally arrived today and enjoy I certainly will :tumbsup:

Oops !! Quite expensive on Amazon.de. 34,99 Euros !!

Camel - Pressure Points...+6 (Expanded Edition) 2 CD

Camel - Nude...+10 (Expanded Edition)

How is this band Jez, there is a 2 cd live disc from ? at my local store and the cover art looks cool, but another band I have not heard of.

Really excellent Symphonic Prog band that have influenced many others over the years (Pendragon especially in the guitar department) - Very melodic with some excellent guitar. Their early 80's stuff is a little more commercial, but non the worse for it, actually 'Stationay Traveller' is a fantastic album and my favourite of their whole discography. Most of their live albums are really good, although they have done quite a few, so depends on which one it is before I can recommend or not. If it is 'Pressure Points' or 'Never let Go' though, then I'd say buy straight away. A band really worth checking out, if you are into the melodic side of Progressive rock.

Airrace - Shaft Of Light...+3 (Rock Candy Remaster)

FM - Wildside EP.

Oops !! Quite expensive on Amazon.de. 34,99 Euros !!

Got it from Japan for US$30 which included shipping so I was pretty happy about that.....It's pretty hard and expensive {going by your Amazon site} to get now !!!

Camel - Pressure Points...+6 (Expanded Edition) 2 CD

Camel - Nude...+10 (Expanded Edition)

How is this band Jez, there is a 2 cd live disc from ? at my local store and the cover art looks cool, but another band I have not heard of.

Really excellent Symphonic Prog band that have influenced many others over the years (Pendragon especially in the guitar department) - Very melodic with some excellent guitar. Their early 80's stuff is a little more commercial, but non the worse for it, actually 'Stationay Traveller' is a fantastic album and my favourite of their whole discography. Most of their live albums are really good, although they have done quite a few, so depends on which one it is before I can recommend or not. If it is 'Pressure Points' or 'Never let Go' though, then I'd say buy straight away. A band really worth checking out, if you are into the melodic side of Progressive rock.

It is this one!

Camel-A Live Record