What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

I usually make a round of the local Pawn America's about every 3-4 months and come out smelling like roses. They sell cd's for $2.99 no matter what the title is. I've scavanged up some very nice deals in the past  :banger:

I hit this one pawn shop that had all of their cd's under plexiglass. Not only did you have to ask the guy to come over and unlock the case every time you wanted to look at something, but also the glare from the lights prevented you from being able to see half of what was in there. On top of that they wanted $6.00 per cd. That made me laugh, especially knowing they bought them for 50 cents each. Big waste of my time.

in the mail this weekend

Giant - Last of the Runaways

Giant - Time To Burn

Roxy Blue - Want Some? (it's the chick cover but some idiot decided to write his initials on the front cover and "This CD belongs to Craig Brockie (807) 274-9136" on the inside of the back insert :cussing: )

Stopped at a little used place after dinner:

DAD - No Fuel Left For The Pilgrims

Neal Schon - Piranha Blues

Damn...you are impressive!!! The day my wife wants to stop into a 'little used cd store' after dinner I've done died and gone to heaven!!!!!! :lol:

Shoot ...... I'd think I had died and gone to heaven if there even WERE any little used cd stores around HERE!!! <_< Dayton stinks in that respect. -_-

You wouldn't have that problem in Houston! :D

I usually make a round of the local Pawn America's about every 3-4 months and come out smelling like roses. They sell cd's for $2.99 no matter what the title is. I've scavanged up some very nice deals in the past  :banger:

I hit this one pawn shop that had all of their cd's under plexiglass. Not only did you have to ask the guy to come over and unlock the case every time you wanted to look at something, but also the glare from the lights prevented you from being able to see half of what was in there. On top of that they wanted $6.00 per cd. That made me laugh, especially knowing they bought them for 50 cents each. Big waste of my time.

in the mail this weekend

Giant - Time To Burn

Roxy Blue - Want Some? (it's the chick cover but some idiot decided to write his initials on the front cover and "This CD belongs to Craig Brockie (807) 274-9136" on the inside of the back insert :cussing: )

Call him and tell him he's a fucking idiot.

in the mail this weekend

Giant - Time To Burn

Call him and tell him he's a fucking idiot.

:lol::lol::lol:

I could think of a few things to say to him.

Picked up over the weekend

Gorky Park - S/T

Xavier - Full Circle

The Storm - S/T

Subject To Change - S/T

Jerry Cantrel - Boggy Depot

Blackfish - S/T

Ted Nugent - Nugent

Guardian - Miracle Mile

Guardian - Fire And Love

Guns N' Roses - Since I Don't Have You cds

Mind Funk - S/T

Killers Of Modern Agony - Releasing Aggression

Kingdom Come - In Your Face

Mordred - Fool's Game

My latest acquisitions:

STARWOOD: "If it Ain't Broke, Breat it"

VICTORY: "Hungry Hearts"

WILD BOYZ: "Unleashed"

XL: "Rock all Over you"

RATTLESNAKE KISS: s/t

BLIND DATE: s/t

Y&T - Open Fire (Limited Edition Re-issue + bonus Tracks) Very Nice!!!

Trust - Live:Repression Dans La Hexagone

Today in the mail I received FIFTY SEVEN STITCH: "Nerveblock," which is an excellent helping of aggressive, in-your-face, attitude-driven hard rock and a must-own for anyone who enjoyed the last Saliva CD. Mucho thanx to whoever posted the thread about these guys (I can't recall who it was at this exact moment). Forget the hype about Revolver and pick these guys up instead. Wait a minute, better yet, buy both CDs!! :banger:

Damn...you are impressive!!! The day my wife wants to stop into a 'little used cd store' after dinner I've done died and gone to heaven!!!!!! :lol:

You think that's impressive? :P This is even better... :lol:

My husband is a field tech and drives around all day, and on Friday he saw a used CD/vinyl place near one of his work sites. So yesterday he drove me over there! I tell ya, I got one good man... :wub:

Here's what I came home with:

Foreigner - Complete Greatest Hits

Black Sabbath - Tyr

Icehouse - Great Southern Land

Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder (2-disc GH set)

Whitesnake - Greatest Hits

Montrose - S/T (vinyl)

Doors - Absolutely Live (vinyl)

Quarterflash - S/T (vinyl)

Robert Cray - Strong Persuader (vinyl)

You think that's impressive? :P This is even better... :lol:

My husband is a field tech and drives around all day, and on Friday he saw a used CD/vinyl place near one of his work sites. So yesterday he drove me over there! I tell ya, I got one good man... :wub:

Here's what I came home with:

Foreigner - Complete Greatest Hits

Black Sabbath - Tyr

Icehouse - Great Southern Land

Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder (2-disc GH set)

Whitesnake - Greatest Hits

Montrose - S/T (vinyl)

Doors - Absolutely Live (vinyl)

Quarterflash - S/T (vinyl)

Robert Cray - Strong Persuader (vinyl)

Niiiiiiice........oh yeah....any spouse that would do that is a 'keeper' in my book!! Oh...and don't forget to keep lookin' for that cd I mentioned to ya!!!

:banger:

Hello there!

For the very first time and after years of hunting and trying to track it down, I finally got hold of the great Refugee - "Burning From The Inside Out" CD! :blink:

NO CDs today but I did get the first season of MacGyver on DVD!  :jump:

I like the episode when he built the rocket launcher from a straw, baking soda and pinto beans. Those terrorists never knew what hit 'em! :lol:

I'm kidding of course but I used to be so addicted to that show. That and "Tales Of The Gold Monkey". Very cool Dave! :drink:

davesworld, where did you get hold of MacGyver? He's my alltime mullet AOR TV hero of all time. David Hasselhof's great too! :D

davesworld, where did you get hold of MacGyver? He's my alltime mullet AOR TV hero of all time. David Hasselhof's great too! :D

It came out Tuesday. I ordered mine through Amazon for $27. Best Buy has it also for $27 and I believe Curcuit City has it for $25.

I remember every Monday staying home and watching the show before Monday Night Football!

Great show!

Today in the mail I received FIFTY SEVEN STITCH: "Nerveblock," which is an excellent helping of aggressive, in-your-face, attitude-driven hard rock and a must-own for anyone who enjoyed the last Saliva CD.  Mucho thanx to whoever posted the thread about these guys (I can't recall who it was at this exact moment).  Forget the hype about Revolver and pick these guys up instead.  Wait a minute, better yet, buy both CDs!! :banger:

57 Stitch is playing Valley Music Fest in Fargo ND not far from where I live on February 11th. Great band!

www.rockhardplace.com