What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Negative - Neon

Terra Nova - Come Alive

Barry Goodreau - S/T (Rock Candy Re-issue)

Steve Walsn - Schemer Dreamer (Rock Candy Re-issue)

Keith Urban - Defying Gravity

KHYMERA A New Promise

Just listened to those three albums the other day. What an awesome trio. I wonder if there will be another one. The last two are especially fantastic.

Nasty Idols - Gigolos On Parole

That's a tough one to track down.....is it any good?

Though you wouldn't pick it from the album title, it's actually pretty much an AOR album. Very unlike the rest of their stuff. Smaller budget, keys... not what you'd expect from Nasty Idols, but really not a bad disc at all, imo.

State Cows - S/T

Keith Urban - Be Here

I see you've been getting in to the Keith Urban discs Jez. Good to hear. He has some excellent tunes. Make sure you pick up 'Golden Road' as well and everything from that point on. Wouldn't bother with his older discs from the early 90's though.

State Cows - S/T

Keith Urban - Be Here

I see you've been getting in to the Keith Urban discs Jez. Good to hear. He has some excellent tunes. Make sure you pick up 'Golden Road' as well and everything from that point on. Wouldn't bother with his older discs from the early 90's though.

Yes mate. I have always liked odd songs from him, without really hearing any full albums, so I listened to some more stuff over at his website and thought alot of it was really good. 'Til Summer Comes Around' is especially a beautiful song on his latest album, and one of my fave tracks at the moment. I like his vocals and there are some really very nice arrangements to the songs aswell, without going too 'Country' (which is a bad bad thing in my book). Dan Huff in the mix helps, as I love some of his other production work with Lonestar etc. I have 'Golden Road' and 'Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing' on the way too, so really am looking forward to hearing them in full aswell. :tumbsup:

State Cows - S/T

Keith Urban - Be Here

Yes mate. I have always liked odd songs from him, without really hearing any full albums, so I listened to some more stuff over at his website and thought alot of it was really good. 'Til Summer Comes Around' is especially a beautiful song on his latest album, and one of my fave tracks at the moment. I like his vocals and there are some really very nice arrangements to the songs aswell, without going too 'Country' (which is a bad bad thing in my book). Dan Huff in the mix helps, as I love some of his other production work with Lonestar etc. I have 'Golden Road' and 'Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing' on the way too, so really am looking forward to hearing them in full aswell. :tumbsup:

You guys have me curious now. I'd rather eat a collection of turds gathered from around my neighbourhood than listen to a country album, but you guys are saying he isn't country? I remember over-hearing one of his songs once and I think I thought it was manageable. Maybe I need to investigae further...

Haven;t had a good listen yet.

Did have a cdr of it but that was years ago.

I remember asking the band why they re-released everything else except this one, and they said cos they thought it was their worst album.

Just arrived in the mail courtesy of Wishing Well....

Badlands - s/t

Gamma - Best Of Gamma

Harlot - Room With A View

Nelson - Because They Can

Triumph - Surveillance

Is the Badlands the new remaster and is it worth getting to update?

In another great trade with Glamjunkie:Pyromania-Def Leppard replaces old tape & cdr finally.

Beautiful Creatures-S/T replaces old tape

Badlands - s/t

Gamma - Best Of Gamma

Triumph - Surveillance

I have both of the new Badlands Rock Candy reissues and they sound great(not the originals didn't sound good) and the packaging is top quality as always from Rock Candy.

Big Mouth - Hands of Time

Jim Jidhed - Full Circle

Empire (Aus) - s/t

Slam St. Joan - Saved By Grace

Nouveaux - Beginnings

Slaughter - Fear No Evil

Not heard a single track off any of them yet, went on reviews again. You'd think I'd have learnt by now... :unsure:

Badlands - s/t

Gamma - Best Of Gamma

Triumph - Surveillance

It's the original version for a very nice price....I was planning in getting the Rock Candy version until this opportunity came along.....I must admit to not noticing a big difference in many remasters so unless they include extra tracks I don't usually care which version I pick up....

Haven;t had a good listen yet.

Did have a cdr of it but that was years ago.

I remember asking the band why they re-released everything else except this one, and they said cos they thought it was their worst album.

Considering how difficult this one is to find at all let alone for a reasonable price, it won't be decorating my collection anytime soon...

State Cows - S/T

Keith Urban - Be Here

You guys have me curious now. I'd rather eat a collection of turds gathered from around my neighbourhood than listen to a country album, but you guys are saying he isn't country? I remember over-hearing one of his songs once and I think I thought it was manageable. Maybe I need to investigae further...

He is definitely classified as a country artist and has that new country sound on quite a few tracks, what with his vocal style and production, but don't let that put you off - there are some very good new country artists out there, with some very good albums that appeal to a much wider audience than the frankly awful country style of old, including quite a few of us rock fans. Richard Marx wrote some of his songs, so some of his stuff isn't too far removed from what Mr. Marx is presently doing and fans of some more recent Bryan Adams stuff may also like him. Some you will definitely NOT like, but check out 'Til Summer Comes Around' below and see what you think. Beautiful song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0ESB30eJA