What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

modern rock stint....these turned up yesterday. All v nice indeedy

Dive - Picture Perfect

Its Alive - Human Resources

Framing Hanley - A promise To Burn

Came today, courtesy of rocktrade (Mark) :tumbsup:

Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (2 Disc Remastered)

Guns N Roses - Use Your Illusion I

Dive - Picture Perfect

What do you think of the new Dive? Got the first one? Ive had a few spins, and its nowhere near as immediate, and its missing a few big choruses but could grow.

Dive - Picture Perfect

What do you think of the new Dive? Got the first one? Ive had a few spins, and its nowhere near as immediate, and its missing a few big choruses but could grow.

Yeah ive got the debut - a really strong album. Personally I prefer the newie as it rocks a bit harder. Really consistent disc for me...no fillers.

I agree the hooks could have been a bit bigger but that's the story of 2010 for modern rock in general. Still I dig this and its one of better modern albums ive heard this year. Good band.

Cheers

Dive - Picture Perfect

I haven't heard of a group called "Dive." Let me know what that one is like. The other two are great!

Just ordered the Castle Blak 3CD set. Not cheap, so I have high hopes.

Glamour and Damnation, Greatest Hits and Dirty Little Secrets? .... you won't be I've had it a few years now and it gets spun loads and loads still!!! One of my fave little box sets!

Alex Parche............Prohibido El Paso

Autograph..............That's The Stuff

Deadringer.............Electrocution of The Heart

Lee Aaron..............S/T

Matt Sinner............Back To The Bullet

Ratt...................Infestation

Reckless Love..........S/T

V2.....................S/T

Export - Contraband (Rock Candy Re-issue)

Export - Living In The Fear Of The Private Eye (Rock Candy Re-issue)

Ditto...both arrived today (apparently as the missus says I have two CD's thru post).....got 'em from Play.com eh? :)

Ditto...both arrived today (apparently as the missus says I have two CD's thru post).....got 'em from Play.com eh? :)

Simon at Destiny this time. Same price as Play, so I thought I'd shoot a little business his way ;)

remasters_02_alive_02.jpg2nd attempt at this one.

Just ordered the Castle Blak 3CD set. Not cheap, so I have high hopes.

Glamour and Damnation, Greatest Hits and Dirty Little Secrets? .... you won't be I've had it a few years now and it gets spun loads and loads still!!! One of my fave little box sets!

Yeah, that's the fella. The samples I heard sounded really good, glad to hear it's worth the investment! :D

Just got back from vacation and found these waiting for me: :)

House of Lords - Come to my Kingdom (thanks Roger !)

Y & T - In Rock we trust (thanks Roger !)

Blanc Faces - Falling from the Moon (thanks Roger !)

The Zoo - Shakin' the Cage

Unicorn - Too many Crooks

Planet P Project - Pink World

Enuff Z Nuff-Welcome To Blue Island (Thanks Jeff!!)

Mariah Carey-Memories Of An Imperfect Angel (2cd)(Drool fodder all the way)

At The Gates-Slaughter The Soul (CD/DVD)

Sleep-Sleep's Holy Mountain

Rush-Test For Echo

And on DVD:

The Ruttles-All You Need Is Cash

&

Metal: A Headbangers Journey (2DVD)

remasters_02_alive_02.jpg2nd attempt at this one.

Got this one on vinyl way back when it first came out....how is the remastered version??

I only got to play half of it from the first purchase because it had a scratch on one of the discs so I sent it back and I have just purchased this one from Amazon UK and will have to wait until it arrives.

The remastered sound was pretty good If I remember rightly considering it is a live recording from the early 70's that really has that raw and genuine feel to it. {That's when "live" albums really were "live" albums}