What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Arrived today......

N.O.W. - Force Of Nature

Jayce Landberg - Good Sleepless Night

I'm waiting on my copy of N.O.W., have heard sound clips and definitely looking forward to it.

Bought last wk. or two:

Peo- Better Not Forget (2009) + The Man Behind The Face (2000/2009)- 2 Disc Package

Day Of Fire- Losing All (2010)

Worlds Apart- Clean Slate (2010)

Hush- Mirage (2006)

Brett Walker- Lift Off (1999)

Corey Hart- The Singles (1992)

Creamhouse- Don't Touch It Let It Drip (1993)

Daniel's Window- Illuminate (2002)

Jimmy Davis & Junction- Kick The Wall (1987)

From Fopps, all £3 sealed

JETHRO TULL Remasters - Stand Up, Benefit, A Passion Play, Minstrel in the Gallery, Too Old to Rock N Roll, Heavy Horses, Stormwatch

IAN GILLAN BAND Scarabus, Clear Air Turbulence.

SAXON Crusader (forgot this earlier in week) Power & Glory (spare! didn't realise I already got it doh!)

Car boot this morning...

CATHEDRAL The Ethereal Mirror - how come I didn't already have this?

CROSSFADE same

BLACK MOOR The Conquering

SKYFIRE Esoteric

EGYPT Midnight Sun

RICK MARSHALL Lonesome Cowboy - self produced CDR from this Quo fanatic!

I forgot to mention, I went to F.Y.E. in the mall yesterday and got these..

BLACK WATER RISING-BLACK WATER RISING :party421:

CATHEDRAL-HOPKINS (THE WITCHFINDER GENERAL)

NEUROTICA-LIVING IN DOG YEARS

HOLLYWOOD ROSES-DOPESNAKE

ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA-ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA (Yep, got another copy to replace the one I got with the wrong c.d. in case..

$3.00 used, but brand new..)

I must admit that I REALLY LIKE that BLACK WATER RISING, 6ft of Anger is awesome!

I forgot to mention, I went to F.Y.E. in the mall yesterday and got these..

BLACK WATER RISING-BLACK WATER RISING :party421:

CATHEDRAL-HOPKINS (THE WITCHFINDER GENERAL)

NEUROTICA-LIVING IN DOG YEARS

HOLLYWOOD ROSES-DOPESNAKE

ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA-ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA (Yep, got another copy to replace the one I got with the wrong c.d. in case..

$3.00 used, but brand new..)

I must admit that I REALLY LIKE that BLACK WATER RISING, 6ft of Anger is awesome!

Thanx Harvey!

I've been waiting for a c.d. release for a long time.. :beerbang:

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on that. I remember seeing this had been released at the start of the year but haven't heard a word since. Very curious.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on that. I remember seeing this had been released at the start of the year but haven't heard a word since. Very curious.

I agree, I haven't even heard crickets chirping when trying to find any F/U reviews of that disc. So, took a chance and bought it. I own all three previous WA CDs and records #2 and #3 don't even begin to hold a candle to the debut, though I can point out 1-2 songs that are pretty decent from each album. But, I'm really hopin' this one involves the guys rediscovering their roots and writing some big hooks and melodies....Jeff.

I agree, I haven't even heard crickets chirping when trying to find any F/U reviews of that disc. So, took a chance and bought it. I own all three previous WA CDs and records #2 and #3 don't even begin to hold a candle to the debut, though I can point out 1-2 songs that are pretty decent from each album. But, I'm really hopin' this one involves the guys rediscovering their roots and writing some big hooks and melodies....Jeff.

Heard a couple of samples at CD Baby and it sounds good. Better production job than the others too. Wow, I didn't even know they had three albums. I own 'All for one' and I have a CDR of the s/t... what's the third one? When was it released?

I called in at my local charity shop & found:-

Stan Bush & Barrage - s/t

Treat - Scratch & Bite

Romeo's Daughter - s/t

Femme Fatale - s/t

John Norum - Total Control

Blue Murder - s/t

All at 99p.

They also had Shy - Excess All Areas, but the disc was broken (cue the jokes about that being an improvement!).

Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory...+5 (Special Edition)

Thunder - The Only One EP. (2 CD)

Newman - The Art of Balance

If you like the first two Newman CD's you'll definitely like this as well. I'm really surprised he's not more well known in the melodic rock genre, his stuff is consistently well written, well played, and well produced.

If you like the first two Newman CD's you'll definitely like this as well. I'm really surprised he's not more well known in the melodic rock genre, his stuff is consistently well written, well played, and well produced.

Never heard anything by him that I know of, I keep meaning to check his stuff out.

Never heard anything by him that I know of, I keep meaning to check his stuff out.

Waiting on my copy to drop through the letterbox. Really looking forward to getting my grubby paws on this one. :tumbsup:

Got these:

1. Iron Savior - Condition Red

2. Orphaned Land - Mabool: The Story of the Three Sons of Seven(special edition, with bonus live accoustic CD: The Calm Before the Storm)

3. Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse

4. Heavenly - Sign of the Winner

5. Demented - How Much For My Death

6. Fates Warning - FWX

7. Infector - Insane Deliriums

8. Executer - Rotten Authorities

9. Pharaoh – After the Fire

10. Caustic – Rebirth of Procreation

Muzza Chunka-Fishy Pants

Fifth Mistake-Ears To Hear

Mississippi John Hurt-The Complete Studio Recordings (3 discs)

Brian Setzer And The Nashvillians-Red Hot & Live

Motley Crue-New Tattoo (2 disc)

And from a trade with The Ripper (Thanks Bro!)

Kix-Midnight Dynamite

Warrior Soul-Classics

Brighton Rock-Young, Wild And Free

Heard a couple of samples at CD Baby and it sounds good. Better production job than the others too. Wow, I didn't even know they had three albums. I own 'All for one' and I have a CDR of the s/t... what's the third one? When was it released?

The third record is "Day Job," released in 2001:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/WORLDS-APART-Day-Job-CD-Melodic-Hard-Rock-2001-HTF_W0QQitemZ200443892870QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100227?IMSfp=TL100227136001r1685

It's an ok melodic rock disc, I pd. much less than the above recent auction. It's good to have from a completist's POV, but not alot of redeeming value o/w IMHO and easily avoidable....Jeff.

The third record is "Day Job," released in 2001:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/WORLDS-APART-Day-Job-CD-Melodic-Hard-Rock-2001-HTF_W0QQitemZ200443892870QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100227?IMSfp=TL100227136001r1685

It's an ok melodic rock disc, I pd. much less than the above recent auction. It's good to have from a completist's POV, but not alot of redeeming value o/w IMHO and easily avoidable....Jeff.

Cool, thanks for the info. I never had any idea that one existed. Don't think I'd ever pay more than about $5 for it, but hopefully one day I get to hear it, for interest's sake. I like the samples of the new one and the debut was pretty good, but otherwise I'd be lying if I said I was a huge fan of this band. There always seemed to be potential there but it just wasn't used. Hopefully that's changed for this new CD.

Dare - 'Blood from stone' ; A decade later, this finally returns to my collection! :lol: Who'd have guessed it'd be that f*cking hard to get back. Never again, my pet, never again. *hugs CD*

Fiona - Heart like a Gun

Valensia - Gaia (3-track EP)

Sweet Comfort Band - Perfect Timing

Big Bad - Forgiven ?

Valensia - White Album

Rick Springfield - Tao

Hartmann - 3

Only Child - s/t

Andy Baum & the Trix - Extra Feathers

Tao - Magical Moments