What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Slammin' Gladys - Slammin' Gladys - I can't believe I bought this one again considering how bad I hated it the first time I owned it. But...I guess my tastes have changed because I really enjoyed it during my 4 hour road trip.

:banana: I loooooooooove that one!!!! :banana:

I have to say I'm glad I paid the $2 for it. The thing is I bought it in the same town where I sold it in 1994. Wouldn't it be funny if it was the very same copy? I guess if I would have wrote my name on it I'd know for sure... :lol:

Just arrived in the mail:

Airkraft - In The Red (Thanks Dan!)

Mother's Finest - Looks Could Kill

Mother's Finest - Live At Villa Berg - Right Here Right Now

Daryl Hall & John Oates - H20 (Remaster + Bonus tracks)

(Not really HH material at all, but have always absolutely loved this disc and their 'Private Eyes' album as well).

Thru the door

Trillion - s/t

Glad you finally tracked one down bud!!!!!

Jesse Strange - Looking For Some Strange

Funny Money - Back Again [Perris Reissue]

Stephen Pearcy - Stripped

Living Colour - Vivid [Expanded]

Big Cock - Year of the Cock

Arcade - A/3: Live & Unreleased

Def Leppard - Yeah! (Wal-Mart EP)

Def Leppard - Yeah! (Target bonus tracks)

Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way

Paul Simon - Surprise (a surprise(!) b'day gift)

Jesse Strange - S/T

Storm - s/t

Finally the masterpiece arrives - Rock Candy have done a fine job with this (as always) -sounds superb for an abum recorded over 25 years ago. Joint Re-issue of the year no problem as the other Storm re-issue is here in July!!! FANTASTIC

Def Leppard - Yeah

Not half as bad as I was expecting - some good stuff on here (although some not so as well). If you like all the original bands and songs then this may hit the spot - otherwise probably not!!!

In the mail today:

Wig Wam - Wig Wamania

Wig Wam - Hard To Be A Rock'N Roller

Gotthard - Human Zoo

Mama's Boys - Power And Passion

Bombay Black - Anger Management

In the mail today:

Sin City - S/T (Elk Records Pressing from 1990)

Bought on Ebay this weekend:

Velvet Revolution - Back In The Red (from our friend Whiplash :) )

Pretty Maids - Scream

Wig Wam - Wig Wamania

Just went to the post office and on my way back, I got side tracked by the numerous yard sale. One has this cool collection of Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Ugly Kid Joe and several alternative CDs. Since my cash is short, I just picked up one for a dollar:

CONTRABAND - S/T

And from the mail:

DEATH IN TEXAS - S/T (indie from Minneapolis, MN)

Michael Morales - S/T

Q-Stone - S/T

Broke (n) Blue - Northern Light

Lake - Lake II

Lake - Ouch !

Pavlov's Dog - St. Louis Hounds

Michael Morales - S/T

Q-Stone - S/T

Lake - Lake II

Lake - Ouch !

Pavlov's Dog great stuff I have the first two albums (should get them on CD!).....always wondered about Lake though...saw them years ago on the Old Grey Whistle Test and they quite impressed a young me, might have to grab some at some point...only put them off for about 25 years or more lol.

Taylor Mesple - Victory Land (Fabulous Westcoast stuff)

The Jones Gang - Any Day Now

Hall & Oates - Private Eyes (Remaster)

The Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution (2 CD)

Michael Morales - S/T

Q-Stone - S/T

Lake - Lake II

Lake - Ouch !

Pavlov's Dog great stuff I have the first two albums (should get them on CD!).....always wondered about Lake though...saw them years ago on the Old Grey Whistle Test and they quite impressed a young me, might have to grab some at some point...only put them off for about 25 years or more lol.

Pavlov's Dog is new to me. I heard their "Pampered Menial" a few days ago at a friend's place after a few bottles of red wine for the first time and I was very VERY impressed. I am going to buy it on ebay very soon.

Lake is part of my collection since about 30 years. I really like them. They have a few Best-of CD's (Greatest Hits and Definitive Collection), which should suit your purpose. Most of their best old songs are on both of them. But they also have a new CD out (Alex Conti presents Lake - The Blast of Silence", which is phantastic. You should go and get it. Highly recommended !!

Worked overnight last night .... went to bed about 7 A.M. .... woke up noon(ish) ...yawned....had a tinkle, had a wash, brushed my teeth and went downstairs bleary eyed.

OMG There it was on the table waiting to be opened .... It's arrived .... at last

Storm - s/t

:headbanger::banana::bananamac::banana::banana::bananamac::banana::headbanger:

Worked overnight last night .... went to bed about 7 A.M. .... woke up noon(ish) ...yawned....had a tinkle, had a wash, brushed my teeth and went downstairs bleary eyed.

OMG There it was on the table waiting to be opened .... It's arrived .... at last

Storm - s/t

:headbanger::banana::bananamac::banana::banana::bananamac::banana::headbanger:

Been playin' it constantly since I got it Wednesday. It was like hearing it all again for the first time when I got it back in 1980. 'Machine Gun' is one hell of a track even by todays standards. Still an awesome disc and bar the second album, nothing else quite like it!!!. I played my cd-r copy of the second album and that is even better, so can't wait 'til July when that one is released as well.