What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Just dropped thru the post

1994 - 1994  ... boy I've been waiting for this!! :headbanger:

Who is this band? I've noticed a couple people raving about them but they aren't listed on HH.

1994 - Released their debut in 1978, produced by Jack Douglas of Cheap Trick & Aerosmith fame. A mighty release it is aswell. Karen Lawrence was the vocalist , who you may have heard of. Soundwise think Storm (Jeanette Chase's version), Heart with a more hard rock sound - Excellent all round. Brad Whitford of Aerosmith also guests on the album. This is the first issue on CD on Rock Candy & if Female fronted stuff is your thing, then is definately worth picking up.

1994 - Released their debut in 1978, produced by Jack Douglas of Cheap Trick & Aerosmith fame. A mighty release it is aswell. Karen Lawrence was the vocalist , who you may have heard of. Soundwise think  Storm (Jeanette Chase's version), Heart with a more hard rock sound - Excellent all round. Brad Whitford of Aerosmith also guests on the album. This is the first issue on CD on Rock Candy & if Female fronted stuff is your thing, then is definately worth picking up.

Cool--sounds intriguing, thanks for the info :drink:

really into the new Franz Ferdinand, very cool new wave/dance/ punky stuff reminds me of the old days. I really love this band!!!

1994 - Released their debut in 1978, produced by Jack Douglas of Cheap Trick & Aerosmith fame. A mighty release it is aswell. Karen Lawrence was the vocalist , who you may have heard of. Soundwise think  Storm (Jeanette Chase's version), Heart with a more hard rock sound - Excellent all round. Brad Whitford of Aerosmith also guests on the album. This is the first issue on CD on Rock Candy & if Female fronted stuff is your thing, then is definately worth picking up.

Hi Jez just a quick note ... dunno if you've got the CD yet (expect you will getting it though) but there's a tantalising note on the sleeve notes suggesting that the second album Please Stand By... may be in the pipeline for release too!!! :):):)

Yep - got it last week. Hopefully we will get the 2nd one - sounds like it might see the light of day. Rock Candy really are turning into the Master Re-issue label, what with the 2 Storm albums, Coney Hatch - Outa Hand, and a couple of Johnny Van Zant Band albums -hopefully those will be the debut & Round Two which are both fab albums. Here's hoping.

Yep - got it last week.  Hopefully we will get the 2nd one - sounds like it might see the light of day. Rock Candy really are turning into the Master Re-issue label, what with the 2 Storm albums, Coney Hatch - Outa Hand, and a couple of Johnny Van Zant Band albums -hopefully those will be the debut & Round Two which are both fab albums. Here's hoping.

Yep looking forward to the Storm ones another huge fave band from the 70's and I've already pre ordered my Coney Hatch haha!

Anyway I should stop hogging this thread!

TTFN :hijack:

really into the new Franz Ferdinand, very cool new wave/dance/ punky stuff reminds me of the old days. I really love this band!!!

swriter

Franz Ferdinand. Have never understood how anyone can rate this band at all. Now I am pretty wide ranging in my musical tastes, but this band are probably one of the worst bands I have ever heard in my lifetime. Have heard both albums quite alot from the lads playing them at work and can honestly say I haven't heard a remotely decent song anywhere to be found. Not criticising your liking as you may say that about some of the stuff I listen to, just making a personal observation!!!Bloody Awful.

:drink::drink:

A rainy weekend here, so no flea markets. But, I hit a few thift stores and used cd stores.

Mighty Joe Plum "The Happiest Dog"

Badlands S/T

Raging Slab "Sing Monkey Sing"

Thunder "Back Street Symphony"

T.T. Quick "Sloppy Seconds"

Martin's Dam "Sky Above"

Georgia Satellites S/T

Also 4 cassettes

White Lion "Fight to Survive" on Grand Slamm

the rest are local 80's/90's South Jersey/Philly bands

Gun*Shy Limited Edition EP

MidNight Angel "Live at Fantasy Theatre" (anyone know anything about this band, released 1990 on OOF Records Haddon Hghts., NJ)

Flamin Harry Band "Life Under the Gun" (local blues band legend)

Don't remember how, but I stumbled onto Midnight Angel this morning, and looked on Ebay for their CD.

Midnight Angel - Addiction

Tracks:

1. 11:59 p.m. 2. Midnight Addiction 3. Hollywood Tragedy 4. In My Arms 5. Lonely As The Night 6. Surrender My Heart 7. You're No Good 8. Gypsy 9. All I Ever Wanted 10. No Fear.

Dunno if it's the same band or not...

Any of these tracks match your live one?

Rhino Bucket - Pain for $12 & Get Used To It for $20 (didn't have Pain but already had Get Used To It). The Get Used To It is for sale for $22 if anyone wants it.

CD Baby came through.......................... after 9 days! (Not BAD, necessarily, but, they've done a LOT better in the past.)

Anyway, got:

Big Cock - Year Of The Cock

Rude Rooster - s/t

Don't remember how, but I stumbled onto Midnight Angel this morning, and looked on Ebay for their CD.

Midnight Angel - Addiction

Tracks:

1. 11:59 p.m. 2. Midnight Addiction 3. Hollywood Tragedy 4. In My Arms 5. Lonely As The Night 6. Surrender My Heart 7. You're No Good 8. Gypsy 9. All I Ever Wanted 10. No Fear.

Dunno if it's the same band or not...

Any of these tracks match your live one?

I found the Midnight Angel with the Addiction cd, this is a whole different group, late 80's, female lead singer. I'm sure there must have been a lot of groups with that name. I try to collect any local Jersey/Philly groups from the 80's early 90's, I will have to print the local list I have someday. Thanks for the help.

CD Baby came through.......................... after 9 days!  (Not BAD, necessarily, but, they've done a LOT better in the past.)

Anyway, got:

Big Cock - Year Of The Cock

Rude Rooster - s/t

I see a theme.

I can't wait for

Horrible Hen - S/T

and

Cheeky Chicken - Outta the Coop! :P

Just through the door:-

Shakin Street - S/T + Live and Raw

Porcupine Tree - Up the Downstair (remaster with Staircase Infinities)

Romeos Daughter - Delectable

Heavy Pettin - Lettin Loose

Kick Axe - Rock the World

Starz - Back in Action (dvd) :headbanger:

Just through the door:

Stage Dolls - Get A Live (CD/DVD)

Camel - Pressure Points DVD

Spock's Beard - Two Seperate Gorillas

Spock's Beard - There & Here

Blackfoot - No Reservations...+2

The Flower Kings - Scanning The Greenhouse (Best Of..)

Jim Peterik & World Stage - S/T

Nightwish - Highest Hopes (Best Of..)