Extreme metals bands(Black,Death,Doom etc)

Extreme metal(black,death,doom etc)  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:headbanger: Here there are some of the most importants bands in this genres please vote and comment..please try to say why is great or why suck one or more band :headbanger:

I'm not a big "extreme" metal guy but In Flames are damn good.. .I saw them boys open for Iced Earth a few years ago and they smoked...

I also admire Death (R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner) though I prefer Chuck's more traditionally minded "Control Denied" band over most of Death's output.

Celtic Frost are also cool (and their classic "Cherry Orchards" video has provided endless unintentional comedy to the metal community over the years... hahaha)

I agree. I'm not into Black or Death Metal at all but I do really like In Flames.

The last show I saw in a club was about 4 years ago. I've got a wife and and a kid and no friends who like it heavy or loud. That night Opeth opened for Amorphis. I feel Amorphis has lost that extreme factor, however Opeth impressed me quite a bit, so they get my vote. I do have to say that the Cynic release Focus from '93 was great.

I voted for Dimmu Borgir..*Looks to Fat Freddy, waiting for a comment..*L*

Hey I like ALL music, pretty much... Extreme, black metal, death metal, sure, if I am in the right mood for it......

Hey, Dimmu may not be my cup o'java but man, I saw one of their videos a while back and it was full of flames, blood, half naked women, tons o' leather and spikes, skulls, etc... I was like 'God DAMN, this is the most METAL video I have seen in a LONG time..." :lol:

I voted for Dimmu Borgir..*Looks to Fat Freddy, waiting for a comment..*L*

Hey I like ALL music, pretty much... Extreme, black metal, death metal, sure, if I am in the right mood for it......

Hey, Dimmu may not be my cup o'java but man, I saw one of their videos a while back and it was full of flames, blood, half naked women, tons o' leather and spikes, skulls, etc... I was like 'God DAMN, this is the most METAL video I have seen in a LONG time..." :lol:

That was probably the video for "Progenies of the great Apocalypse" Awesome video too..*G* first one I saw and was like DAMN!!! doesn't yer bro call em Dummy Burger or something like that??*L*

This the vid you saw???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiD_lQFmFMU

Yea, that was it ... I knew it was somethin' about the Apocalypse...

and it ain't just my brother who calls'em "Dummy Burger." You know those troo grimm kult blakk mettle types... as soon as a band sells more than 100 copies of their album, then they're not "troo" anymore... the real hard core black metallers HATE Dimmu Borgir...:lol:

Yea, that was it ... I knew it was somethin' about the Apocalypse...

and it ain't just my brother who calls'em "Dummy Burger." You know those troo grimm kult blakk mettle types... as soon as a band sells more than 100 copies of their album, then they're not "troo" anymore... the real hard core black metallers HATE Dimmu Borgir...:lol:

OH yea I know..*L* I don't take My black Metal all that seriously, Ya know?? I don't go out and buy everything mew that comes out, cause, well, some of it is complete crap..*L* But, Dimmu Borgir... I don't know, maybe it's the symphonic elements I like..*chuckles* Not always the blast beats and hyper fast guitars, and a vocalist I can't understand..*L*

But yea ALOT of the "Hardcore" Black/extreme metal freaks can't STAND Dimmu Borgir.....*chuckels*

OH yea I know..*L* I don't take My black Metal all that seriously, Ya know?? I don't go out and buy everything mew that comes out, cause, well, some of it is complete crap..*L* But, Dimmu Borgir... I don't know, maybe it's the symphonic elements I like..*chuckles* Not always the blast beats and hyper fast guitars, and a vocalist I can't understand..*L*

But yea ALOT of the "Hardcore" Black/extreme metal freaks can't STAND Dimmu Borgir.....*chuckels*

So you've never set fire to a church, killed anybody, or practiced cannibalism in any form? And yet you call yourself a black metal fan??

Poser. You're not "troo." :P

So you've never set fire to a church, killed anybody, or practiced cannibalism in any form? And yet you call yourself a black metal fan??

Poser. You're not "troo." :P

No... No I'm not..*Hangs head in shame* I guess, as far as that goes, maybe I AM a poser??? Hell proud of it too..*Laughing*

Don't really listen to extreme metal much, but there's a guy here at work who plays it all the time, so I've been exposed to far more of it than I ever cared to, and pretty much the only band he plays that I can stand is IN FLAMES, so that's who I voted for.

For the record, the heaviest band I actually like is DEMON HUNTER. But I'm guessin' if Dimmu Borgir isn't keepin' it "troo," then Demon Hunter don't count for much...

I listen to some of it when my mood takes & as with Dark Star, I prefer the Darker bands with more Prog/Symphonic ties. I especially like the last Opeth release (Ghost Reveries) - Very progressive in places. Cradle Of Filth I really like and listen to fairly regularly as well as a few others like Dimmu Borgir and Ensiferum. Have just discovered Finntroll and am awating their latest album - Finnish Battle, Folk, Death Metal??? which is truly excellent and something a little different for me. There are a lot of Crap bands in this genre out there (as with other genres I suppose) so I always approach with caution first, but once in a while a really good one comes along that I like.

I went with Cynic. Love that band.

Death is my second choice.

I'm not into death metal bands, but these 2 bands are really GREAT.

• 1 year later...

Listened to an In Flames album - loved the music; it was top notch - then the singer (and I use that term loosely) opened his mouth, and all I could hear was, "Cooooooooooookiiiiiieeeeeeessssssss!!!!! Arum-num-num-num!!!!!!!!!" That sealed it for me. I like reading fiction books on the occult, but I draw the line at someone screeching it unintelligibly in my ears. It makes me nervous to the point I'm constantly glancing about to see if Sargoth the demon is sneaking up on me from the kitchen. It's the kind of music a friend of mine describes as, "making me want to get up and run around the room, and seeing as I'm over 40, I'm better off going for a jog, or hitting the Stairmaster." Once you get past the Lemmy level of incoherence, it's all over for me.

• 1 year later...

Had to vote on this one, Death were head and shoulders above anything else here as far as I'm concerned. Chuck Schuldiner was a genius. I know the vocals don't appeal to many rock/metal fans (personally I think his growl was perfect) but he wrote some incredible songs. There was plenty of melody and lots of brilliant guitar solos. Just listen to the solo in 'Zero Tolerance' off the Symbolic album - it is spectacular! RIP Chuck.

What a strange list? DEATH were obviously massively inspirational, and as I really don't like that orchestral extreme metal stuff or black metal, then I voted for them. Frankly I prefer the modern stuff these days so would rather play the BLACK DAHLIA MURDER or DESPISED ICON than any of the bands on that list....

Extreme metal is not my sorta thing and to be honest I can't comment as I'm not really familiar with any of the bands listed.

Regarding Celtic Frost though, I was interested in hearing one of their albums called 'Cold Lake' which I know most extreme metal fans didn't like but I heard it was more of hard rock/melodic metal/glam album. Any comments on that one?