Extreme metals bands(Black,Death,Doom etc)

Extreme metal(black,death,doom etc)  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Regarding Celtic Frost though, I was interested in hearing one of their albums called 'Cold Lake' which I know most extreme metal fans didn't like but I heard it was more of hard rock/melodic metal/glam album. Any comments on that one?

This is the video for "Cherry Orchards" from COLD LAKE:

...make of that what you will. :blink:

Regarding Celtic Frost though, I was interested in hearing one of their albums called 'Cold Lake' which I know most extreme metal fans didn't like but I heard it was more of hard rock/melodic metal/glam album. Any comments on that one?

Well if that song is typical of the rest of 'Cold Lake' I can see why so many extreme metal fans would hate that album. A pretty shit song if you ask me. The vocals are absolutely horrible!!! Still, I'm going to try and track down the album, purely out of interest.

Well if that song is typical of the rest of 'Cold Lake' I can see why so many extreme metal fans would hate that album. A pretty shit song if you ask me. The vocals are absolutely horrible!!! Still, I'm going to try and track down the album, purely out of interest.

:rofl: Well, that was pretty much the consensus on COLD LAKE back in the day... it failed miserably as a Celtic Frost album (i.e. all of the old CF fans hated it), and as a glam/sleaze album it ALSO failed miserably (i.e. it didn't draw any new fans in to replace the old ones who were bailing on the band left and right) .... so it pretty much killed the band. They hung around for one more album after COLD LAKE (moving on to artsy-fartsier pastures in an attempt to win the old fans back) and then pffft!

Ok that is just GOD awful!!! :puke:

THIS is Celtic Frost!!!

Gotta be honest!

I never heard of most of the bands on the list..

I chose DEATH!

One of the original Death Metal bands and started the Florida Death Metal movement..

I seen these guys in a club in Asbury Park (MURPHEY'S LAW) along with RIPPING CORPSE and DEVASTATION.. They were Fucking awesome and it started my Death Metal club daze..

I enjoy early Death, because it was raw and honest. They weren't going to be rock stars and they knew it. What they did was start a genre that is very popular nowadays.

The only problem is, most bands today cannot compare to DEATH, MORBID ANGEL or SEPULTURA..

Gotta be honest!

I chose DEATH!

One of the original Death Metal bands and started the Florida Death Metal movement..

I seen these guys in a club in Asbury Park (MURPHEY'S LAW) along with RIPPING CORPSE and DEVASTATION.. They were Fucking awesome and it started my Death Metal club daze..

I enjoy early Death, because it was raw and honest. They weren't going to be rock stars and they knew it. What they did was start a genre that is very popular nowadays.

The only problem is, most bands today cannot compare to DEATH, MORBID ANGEL or SEPULTURA..

Sepultura is not death metal...

Gotta be honest!

I chose DEATH!

Sepultura is not death metal...

They started out as a death metal band!!!