I hate Velvet Revolver

66 mustang

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the way they hacked up Runaround and just made it a joke. It was a big joke and a promo spot for the band. They could have cared less about VH, expecially the Hagar era

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jA89Tl8rj48

every time I see that is ticks me off

Here are my thoughts...

Ain't Talkin' Bout Love - Band sounded great, vocals were terrible.

Runaround - WTF was that????????????

JL

for the way they hacked up Runaround and just made it a joke. It was a big joke and a promo spot for the band. They could have cared less about VH, expecially the Hagar era

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jA89Tl8rj48

every time I see that is ticks me off

Runaround - WTF was that????????????

JL

WTF was that you ask?

That was a band ruining a classic song.

Anyone else notice that Weiland was a better performer when he was on Heroin?

I hate Velvet Revolver too! :puke:

I liked it for the most part. I thought the band was spot on but Weiland leaves something to be desired as lead vox on a VH tune. He tried too hard to be Mick Jagger singing Van Halen.

Pretty shitty band, IMO. The CD was very average and never really drew me in for repeated listens. Sadly, because my girl bought it for me and I appreciate the gesture. :(

Well I like 'em but I think they could have picked a better vocalist than Weiland or Josh Todd.

I still hate Velvet Revolver.

I still hate Velvet Revolver.

I like the band for the most part and I like most of their album.

With that being said I still would of prefered them to hire a different singer, but then again without Weiland they might of never been given a chance in todays Music scene.

Be that as it may, I still hate'em. Sorry.

Be that as it may, I still hate'em. Sorry.

Tis OK. I still like 'em...

I remember there was one cool song on the disc. Song 6, I think. As I said, I really don't think the band are great, but I'd never sell my disc. My girl bought me this and Sugarcult's new CD at the time when they were released. Back when she loved me with music included. :( I did like them both... this one just hasn't drawn me in for repeated listens whilst I spun the Sugarcult one ruthlessly for months.

It's been six minutes since my last post in this thread and y'know what?

I still hate Velvet Revolver. :P

It's been six minutes since my last post in this thread and y'know what?

I still hate Velvet Revolver. :P

Be that as it may, 11 minutes after your post, I still like Velvet Revolver. :dance:

It's been 38 minutes since my previous post and I think Rycheage and I are gonna have to simply agree to disagree on the subject of Velvet Revolver, lest this thread become even sillier than it has already. :)

This thread has a faint taste not disimilar to the 'Nevermind' thread. I would hate to see a 'Nevermind Part II' thread being born.

It's been 38 minutes since my previous post and I think Rycheage and I are gonna have to simply agree to disagree on the subject of Velvet Revolver, lest this thread become even sillier than it has already. :)

True. You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not out to change yours. Agree to disagree. :drink:

True. You aren't going to change my mind and I'm not out to change yours. Agree to disagree. :drink:

Now that was a noble statement Chris, well done on your diplomacy and bringing to an end this childish arguement. :rofl2:

By the way I think they pretty much suck too...everytime I've seen them performing live on anything they've pretty much made me feel embarassed to be a rocker as they've been awful. Oooooops that's torn it lol!

Now that was a noble statement Chris, well done on your diplomacy and bringing to an end this childish arguement. :rofl2:

By the way I think they pretty much suck too...everytime I've seen them performing live on anything they've pretty much made me feel embarassed to be a rocker as they've been awful. Oooooops that's torn it lol!

I really don't think they're that great really. They have maybe three good songs. Just wanted to stir the pot a bit... :dance:

I really don't think they're that great really. They have maybe three good songs. Just wanted to stir the pot a bit... :dance:

You stir the pot. :unsure:

I'm shocked Chris, I'm just shocked. :P

You stir the pot. :unsure:

I'm shocked Chris, I'm just shocked. :P

Someone had to keep this thread going.