I hate Velvet Revolver

66 mustang

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to once again reiterate my distaste for this particular band. :thppt:

Due noted and cast aside. :rofl2: I like 'em.

I still like them... :whistle:

How about now?

and how about now?

Yep....

and

still yep.... :dance:

Can you hear me now?

Good.

I still hate Velvet Revolver.

Can you hear me now?

Good.

I still hate Velvet Revolver.

Sure I can. Hearing you still hating on Velvet Revolver makes me like them even more!! :P

When I become a moderator on this site I'm going to lock this thread and I'm going to send my wiggling, taunting tongue in the mail to Keith and Chris.

When I become a moderator on this site I'm going to lock this thread and I'm going to send my wiggling, taunting tongue in the mail to Keith and Chris.

I take it you're not a Velvet Revolver fan either. Oh yeah that's right...You're in cahoots with Keith.

Dammit Jim, I'm a Velvet Revolver hater, not a doctor!!

I take it you're not a Velvet Revolver fan either. Oh yeah that's right...You're in cahoots with Keith.

Nah, I wouldn't say I hate them... not a fan by any stretch of the imagination though. They're okay-ish. Keith and I run a kidney theft business. Is that what you're referring to in regards to the "cahoots" thing?

Nah, I wouldn't say I hate them... not a fan by any stretch of the imagination though. They're okay-ish. Keith and I run a kidney theft business. Is that what you're referring to in regards to the "cahoots" thing?

SHHH! Geez, Geoff, you gonna spill the beans about our lucrative little panda-trafficking side business too??

SHHH! Geez, Geoff, you gonna spill the beans about our lucrative little panda-trafficking side business too??

Are you three clowns behind the ivory poaching expeditions too?? :yikes:

No, uh, of course not. You interested in buying a new piano, though? Just out of curiosity.

No, uh, of course not. You interested in buying a new piano, though? Just out of curiosity.

Nah just a bunch of bars of soap.

I hated Velvet Revolver from the very beginning. They had me all excited that Sebastian Bach had the possibility of teaming up with the former Guns N' Roses members. I could think of the possibilities and it had me in awe. Out of nowhere they pick Scott Weiland and I was crushed. I hate Stone Temple Pilots and I hate everything that Scott Weiland is and was. He's a sorry excuse for a singer. Once they announced him as their lead singer I was done with it. Haven't tried to listen to their music at all.

My feelings exactly...I even heard that Mike Matijevic was considered for the lead singer. How kick ass would that have been? And they chose fucking Weiland? :doh::doh::doh:

I hated Velvet Revolver from the very beginning. They had me all excited that Sebastian Bach had the possibility of teaming up with the former Guns N' Roses members. I could think of the possibilities and it had me in awe. Out of nowhere they pick Scott Weiland and I was crushed. I hate Stone Temple Pilots and I hate everything that Scott Weiland is and was. He's a sorry excuse for a singer. Once they announced him as their lead singer I was done with it. Haven't tried to listen to their music at all.

My feelings exactly...I even heard that Mike Matijevic was considered for the lead singer. How kick ass would that have been? And they chose fucking Weiland? :doh::doh::doh:

That's some close-mindedness right there. At least if you heard the stuff you could say you hate it, like Keith. They had me excited with Sebastian Bach as well but I understood their reasons to want to grow as musicians and a band and still be relevant without having to go back to the past to rehash the G n R stuff that had been done already. They are different, yes. I will give you that. Weiland isn't the greatest singer, he's not even good. But he fits the mold for what they wanted to sound like and I think he's done a good job with the little talent he has. They weren't afraid to take a chance. THAT'S why I like Velvet Revolver.

The only reason I don't like them is because their songs suck. :P

Oh yeah they're so much worse than Bowling For Soup. <_<

That's some close-mindedness right there. At least if you heard the stuff you could say you hate it, like Keith. They had me excited with Sebastian Bach as well but I understood their reasons to want to grow as musicians and a band and still be relevant without having to go back to the past to rehash the G n R stuff that had been done already. They are different, yes. I will give you that. Weiland isn't the greatest singer, he's not even good. But he fits the mold for what they wanted to sound like and I think he's done a good job with the little talent he has. They weren't afraid to take a chance. THAT'S why I like Velvet Revolver.

But I have heard their stuff...& I hate it. Scott Weiland is a no-talent hack. His only real talent seems to be shooting up & getting arrested. Didn't like him in STP...don't like in VR, either.

Sorry mate, but if I had to choose I'd go with BFS easily. Yeah, the bring the suck and have written the same song for their whole career... but there's some outright awesome songs hidden somewhere amongst the wreckage. There's still no song from velvet Revolver that has stood out for me at all. There's about 15 really great BFS songs from their whole career.

Sorry mate, but if I had to choose I'd go with BFS easily. Yeah, the bring the suck and have written the same song for their whole career... but there's some outright awesome songs hidden somewhere amongst the wreckage. There's still no song from velvet Revolver that has stood out for me at all. There's about 15 really great BFS songs from their whole career.

Uh huh.

The problem with VR is that when they pen a good song, they pen a really good song.

Sad thing is, most of their songs are just dull and Weiland is a horrible singer who thinks he is Mick Jagger.

Would they have even been this big (or signed) if it wasnt most of Guns N Roses in the band?

Uh, yeah... I still hate Velvet Revolver.

Just in case anyone was wondering.