Now Available from Retrospect Records

Retrospect Records

On the website available for purchase....

RPM 2 CD SET - RPM (1982) + Phonogenic (1984)

Classic AOR finally digitally remastered from the ORIGINAL master tapes (not a vinyl transfer released by another company) and includes a 20-page booklet featuring all lyrics and liners by Mark Gendel. THIS is the definitive collection. SILVER-PRESSED.

Sharx - On The Rock

SUPER RARE MELODIC ROCK / AOR FROM THE UNLIKELY ISLAND OF BERMUDA!! FIRST TIME EVER ON CD AND WHAT A GEM THIS IS!! FROM THE HARD ROCKING 'I Can't Rock Without You' TO THE AOR FINESSE OF 'The Game' , FANS AND COLLECTORS OF 80s AOR WILL LOVE THIS LOST TREASURE. KILLER VOCALS , BIG HOOKS , TASTY AXEWORK AND KEYBOARDS GALORE!! VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO FANS OF: Toto , RPM , Foreigner , Dreamstreet , Aviator , Franke & the Knockouts , Survivor , Preview , Saga AND ANY OTHER TOP-NOTCH EARLY 80s BAND!!

Weapons 'Captive Audience' (1986) + Weapons 'Second Thoughts' (1990)

BOTH of these albums have been released as a cd/dvd set and I can't say enough about these guys.

Awesome Melodic Hard Rock / Hair Metal that was criminally overlooked by major labels back in the day. These guys were just as good as bands like Keel , Hurricane , Heavens Edge , Banshee , Icon , Shok Paris , Hericane Alice , TNT , 220 Volt , Baton Rouge , Loudness etc and yet somehow missed the major label boat.

All soundclips are on the website.

DEFCON will be available next week!!

Are you doing another pressing of the first Defcon to coincide with the new one?

It's a silver pressing of a new version of the original (lol - if that makes sense). It has 14 tracks and 3 bonus tracks not on the original release. Keep in mind that one song from the original release WILL NOT be on the upcoming release. It also has a 20-page booklet.

Here's an idea of the songs on the cd , track order is different than the last pressing also but here are the songs (in no particular order)

How Close

Rock Me

My Time To Fly

Cold Hearted

Time Waits

Into the Night

Don't Stop the Lovin

Never Too Far Away

All Night Long

All Your Love

Hard Loud & Heavy

Hungry For Love

Down the Road (LIVE)

Rock n Roll Machine (LIVE)

Defcon have recently reunited and are preparing another NEW album for Retrospect Records as well as a few live shows in the Ohio , Illinois , Michigan areas.

I am still working on a Retrospect tour package for Europe which will include Mariah , Defcon and Keel.

It's a silver pressing of a new version of the original (lol - if that makes sense). It has 14 tracks and 3 bonus tracks not on the original release. Keep in mind that one song from the original release WILL NOT be on the upcoming release. It also has a 20-page booklet.

Here's an idea of the songs on the cd , track order is different than the last pressing also but here are the songs (in no particular order)

How Close

Rock Me

My Time To Fly

Cold Hearted

Time Waits

Into the Night

Don't Stop the Lovin

Never Too Far Away

All Night Long

All Your Love

Hard Loud & Heavy

Hungry For Love

Down the Road (LIVE)

Defcon have recently reunited and are preparing another NEW album for Retrospect Records as well as a few live shows in the Ohio , Illinois , Michigan areas.

I am still working on a Retrospect tour package for Europe which will include Mariah , Defcon and Keel.

I guess the song that won't be on there is "One Last Time"?

How Close

Rock Me

My Time To Fly

Cold Hearted

Time Waits

Into the Night

Don't Stop the Lovin

Never Too Far Away

All Night Long

All Your Love

Hard Loud & Heavy

Hungry For Love

Down the Road (LIVE)

They come to Illinois & I am there dude! :banger:

JL

Hi Sam ! What is the regional code of those Weapons DVD's ? Will you have a regional code 2 version ??

Hi Sam ! What is the regional code of those Weapons DVD's ? Will you have a regional code 2 version ??

I bet they would be region free (code zero) so there shouldn't be a problem playing them anywhere... the pal/ntsc conversion may be an issue with some stand-alone DVD players though.

I'm not exactly sure , I'll find out from the company that did the dvd's but since they were manufactured in the USA I assume they are Region 1 / NTSC.

Most of the small US companies do the region zero by default, hopefully yours would be (0) too. You should always ask for region (0) just to be on a safe side, else you will have plenty of compatibilty problems with overseas buyers - not worth the hassle. NTSC conversion problem will always be there, though, unless you press two alternate pressings, one NTSC and one PAL...

Sam,

We should have a couple of discs out within a month. The reason for the delay has been a range of things, but we have sorted through that stuff and we are now working with reliable people. We have heaps of great things up our sleave including new signing, etc... We have just got the artwork back for the Kidd Havok & Dirty Rhythm albums and they look AWESOME. I very happy with the way things have come out!! I think the new records are definately worth the wait.

Thanks for your interest in Suncity Records

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

You're gonna dig the dvd's!! Thanks for the purchase.

I recieved my shipment from Sam. I must say that delivery was quick and everything arrived intact and in nice shape. First off, the Weapons albums are silver pressed and sound awesome! Second, the artwork is stellar. No booklets but just one page sleeves but in high gloss and done very well. Third, the DVD's are much better than I thought they would be when I ordered. Yes, they are burned DVR's but the quality is very good. There are no menus on them but who really cares? Not me. Very good quality on the concert footage on the first disk. The video is a bit grainy but I am sure it was taken from a VHS copy. Very cool video and song for "The Rock Starts Here." The second DVD is a also live and not filmed as well but it does have some cool editing.

My final deductions are that it was money well spent and worth what I paid for the albums. Nice work Sam. I will be back. ~C

Having listened to the sound clips for sharx like a million times I decided to buy this today. If the other songs that you couldnt listen to are as good as the ones I heard this should be a Great CD.

Thanks Sam :bananamac:

Hopefully, mine should arrive in the next few days along with the 2 disc RPM, Dreamstreet and New silver pressed version of the Defcon. I heard some of the Sharx stuff a while back, one of my mates had a cassette with a couple of toons on (not any of the soundbytes) but both are on the CD, so I ordered a copy straight away.

Also check out the Dreamstreet disc, as this sounds really cool as well.

I'm not exactly sure , I'll find out from the company that did the dvd's but since they were manufactured in the USA I assume they are Region 1 / NTSC.

Hi Sam,

any update on this ?

And another question: What is the status of the "new" Defcon ? I only found the first release on your website, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks

Bernd

Hi Sam,

any update on this ?

And another question: What is the status of the "new" Defcon ? I only found the first release on your website, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks

Bernd

Bernd I think the one that's on there is the "new" one. I believe that the tracks are a little bit different.

Hopefully, mine should arrive in the next few days along with the 2 disc RPM

Yeah I've ordered the RPM too (first disc ordered after payday hahaha) superb price - looking forward to it as Phonogenic I prefer to the 1st release.

Having listened to the sound clips for sharx like a million times I decided to buy this today. If the other songs that you couldnt listen to are as good as the ones I heard this should be a Great CD.

Thanks Sam :bananamac:

Hopefully, mine should arrive in the next few days along with the 2 disc RPM, Dreamstreet and New silver pressed version of the Defcon. I heard some of the Sharx stuff a while back, one of my mates had a cassette with a couple of toons on (not any of the soundbytes) but both are on the CD, so I ordered a copy straight away.

Also check out the Dreamstreet disc, as this sounds really cool as well.

Hey Jez, Its on my list next to buy :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.