Motley Crue back in the studio

AlphaMale

https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-09-13-mtley-cre-is-recording-new-music-confirms-vince-neil/

Mötley Crüe Is Recording New Music, Confirms Vince Neil

By Andrew Magnotta

September 13, 2018

Motley Crue Is Recording Four New Songs, Says Vince Neil

Much was made about a recent photo that appeared to show Mötley Crüe rhythm section Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee in a recording studio with producer Bob Rock.

The speculation intensified after Lee shared a clip of himself apparently tracking drums. Lee captioned the images, writing, "It's that new s--t!!!!"

But now we have answers! 

Mötley Crüe singer Vince Neil announced Thursday morning via Twitter that he and his band are, indeed, recording together again.

"Exciting news!" Neil wrote. "I'll be going back in [the] recording studio in a few weeks with the boys to record four brand new Mötley Crüe tracks! Rock on!"

A few hours later, Neil issued a clarification, adding that the band does not have plans to "tour anymore."

"We never broke up or said we would never make music again," he added. "Hopes this clears it up."

So we are getting more Crüe! Though it's still not clear how the band will release the new music.

Some fans initially speculated that Lee and Sixx were working on music for the film adaptation of Mötley Crüe's biography, The Dirt - Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band.

It's possible Crüe is planning to include the new songs on the film's soundtrack, but we'll have to wait for another announcement to find out for sure.

Photo: Getty Images

Yeah, one of the band members came out and said it was for the movie The Dirt - 5 tracks I think.

Also read somewhere the other day that Motley nearly continued on as a 5 piece when Vince came back, with Corabi as a second guitarist.

New tracks should be cool. Or shit. There won't be an inbetween....

Holy shit, double awesome news thread. I didn't know about the movie, so that's awesome news itself. Add to that some new tunes, and I'm a happy individual. As for there being no in-between, isn't most of Motley Crue's stuff in between, lol? Seriously, though. They have a solid amount of cool stuff and very little shit stuff. But a whole shitload of stuff in between!!  

Y&T blow them away ... tell that to their bank balance and the millions of fans that Crue have over Y&T.

Ha Ha Ha.

I own one Y&T best of, and to be honest, most of their songs are weak as balls beyond a few songs.

17 hours ago, gener8tr said:

Geoff,

Everything through Dr. Feelgood was near perfection as far as I was (am) concerned.  Of course I've been a fan since 1983 when I first saw them open for Def Leppard at Jack Murphy Stadium.

I love 'Dr Feelgood' too, mate, but what about all their other albums? This was easily their most consistent, but all their others probably have more "good" songs than "great."

Don't get me wrong, I love the band. But there is a lot of just "good" stuff in their discography. ;)

Three good albums (Too fast, Girls Girls Girls  , Feelgood) and some average stuff. Not many put out three good albums.

Their problem is after Feelgood they were basically trading on image and notoriety. And a rotating drum kit. They spoiled their legacy.  

Shout At The Devil was a near perfect album for 1983.  Then came the glamier Theater Of Pain and it fit 1985 like a glove.  Save for Hysteria, Girls was my favorite album in 1987 and with Feelgood they rounded-out the decade with what certainly should be considered their best album.

They were THE quintessential 80's LA band and weren't part of the Sunset Strip, they were THE Sunset Strip, and all others who followed were simply doing that... following Motley Crue.  That seven year run was easily as impressive as any other band from that era.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:00 PM, gener8tr said:

Geoff,

Everything through Dr. Feelgood was near perfection as far as I was (am) concerned.  Of course I've been a fan since 1983 when I first saw them open for Def Leppard at Jack Murphy Stadium.

Yes, big fan here also, first 5 are awesome.

23 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Y&T blow them away ... tell that to their bank balance and the millions of fans that Crue have over Y&T.

Ha Ha Ha.

I own one Y&T best of, and to be honest, most of their songs are weak as balls beyond a few songs.

It’s all about the LIVE SHOW, hahhahahaha.   And who gives a fuck about how much $$ they have made.  Dave Meniketti is 100x’s the singer that Vince is and guitar player that Mick Mars is.  Do yourself a favor and go see them live.  

21 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

It’s all about the LIVE SHOW, hahhahahaha.   And who gives a fuck about how much $$ they have made.  Dave Meniketti is 100x’s the singer that Vince is and guitar player that Mick Mars is.  Do yourself a favor and go see them live.  

The point is that their live shows do not impress you because your screen name gives away your bias. And the money Crue have made is about how good their shows are. And who gives a rats arse about who is the better singer or guitarist. When I go see a show I dont care how technically gifted the musicians are, just how good the fucking show is. And gimme Motley any day of the week.