Lebrock - Real Thing [EP] 2018

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

Well boys and girls the day has finally arrived and the new LEBROCK ep "Real Thing" is released and what an ep it is. Sean and Michael have done it again and have given us 5 AWESOME!!! tracks all with vocals of pure 80's inspired AOR. Yes these guys have been at the forefront of the NewRetroSynth movement but to my ears this is just pure 80's AOR and could easily fit in the AOR thread above but I've kept them here as this is were the discussion started. These guys have this genre nailed, and this is the best thing I've heard and the best £3.95 i have spent this year...

AWESOME !!! go check it out NOW!!!

https://lebrock.bandcamp.com/album/real-thing

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to kill everyone who says the word "literally" these days and even saying it in context just makes me angry now because it is so frightfully abused... but I couldn't stop playing it this morning. Played it four times in a row. Actually, there's no need to say literally, so I'll leave it alone. But this is heavenly. 

It's awesomeness is probably magnified because so far there's absolutely nothing else at all to listen to from 2018, but even if there was something else decent, it's just magnificent. All five songs are superb and I am completely in love with it immediately. Five of my favourite songs of 2018, no doubt. 

4 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

That was figuratively pretty average for me.

I'm literally not in to that style of music.

Hypothetically speaking there was too much syrupy synth for me...

I think we've established, since your return, that you still have very bad taste in music, haven't we? ;) If not before, this thread has confirmed it. :)

Not the thread to ask, but how are you going anyway? You been in some bands and stuff? Recorded anything n' stuff? 

Meh, I like what I like.
I always lean towards more traditional hard rock than synth-riddled music.
I get that that type of music is a big player here, and I usually stay away from those threads. No need to come in and comment every time I don't like it.
Just having a bit of fun here that's all.

Not sure what you mean about returning?
I've been fairly consistent for the last few years.

Not sure if you're mistaking me for someone who is in a band, or just attempting to be sarcastic.
Assuming that latter, I don't see how releasing music or not diminished an opinion....

21 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Meh, I like what I like.
I always lean towards more traditional hard rock than synth-riddled music.
I get that that type of music is a big player here, and I usually stay away from those threads. No need to come in and comment every time I don't like it.
Just having a bit of fun here that's all.

Not sure what you mean about returning?
I've been fairly consistent for the last few years.

Not sure if you're mistaking me for someone who is in a band, or just attempting to be sarcastic.
Assuming that latter, I don't see how releasing music or not diminished an opinion....

Oh shit, didn't Samborarocks return to the forum? With the same avatar as you? Holy shit, what a trip. I totally thought I was replying to Samborarocks. Rofl, so he's not here at all? Did you recently change your avatar? 

On 2/24/2018 at 9:35 PM, Geoff said:

Oh shit, didn't Samborarocks return to the forum? With the same avatar as you? Holy shit, what a trip. I totally thought I was replying to Samborarocks. Rofl, so he's not here at all? Did you recently change your avatar? 

Yeah, I had the girl with the guitar between her legs.

I decided to go for an even sexier avatar. :)

18 hours ago, Ponen said:

'Only The Brave' is the best song I have heard this year.

It should definitely be the blueprint for idiots like Peterik or Stan Bush who make a living on inspiro rock songs. This dude writes one and it crushes all of theirs combined together. ;)

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, I had the girl with the guitar between her legs.

I decided to go for an even sexier avatar. :)

Is that you? Want to date?

But yeah, goes without saying -  just ignore my post above. I thought I was talking to someone else, lol. Though, that said... Synths or not, the songs on this absolutely murder anything anyone else has even thought about releasing so far in 2018. By a long, long way. ;)

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Is that you? Want to date?

But yeah, goes without saying -  just ignore my post above. I thought I was talking to someone else, lol. Though, that said... Synths or not, the songs on this absolutely murder anything anyone else has even thought about releasing so far in 2018. By a long, long way. ;)

Yeah that's me. I just used my Facebook avatar for a change. Hit me up on tinder and we'll see where it goes...

I'll give it a go at some point, with an open mind.
Just doesn't seem like it's what I like all that much.

When that happens I may come out and say it, just expressing my opinion, but I won't come back and repeatedly have a go about it.
If I decide it's ok, I'll happily flip.

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah that's me. I just used my Facebook avatar for a change. Hit me up on tinder and we'll see where it goes...

I'll give it a go at some point, with an open mind.
Just doesn't seem like it's what I like all that much.

When that happens I may come out and say it, just expressing my opinion, but I won't come back and repeatedly have a go about it.
If I decide it's ok, I'll happily flip.

Are you talking 'bout the EP or the encounter with Geoff? ;)

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Stefan said:

EP? Who's talking about an EP?

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

I refuse to answer on the grounds that in today's society I will be shunned for making a joke at the expense of the champion gay people out there :)

Interesting side effect of the who gay marriage thing that recently became legal in my country.

The cause is pretty much over.

Weird that in one small change to the law, everything changed. No more protests, no more demands for equality. No more persecution.

Everything kind of just stopped. And society remained exactly the same...

I like to be intimate with homosexual men, but I am not gay. However, this EP is awesome. ;)