New Stryper Album

Fat Freddy

DECEMBER 19, 2008 - Stryper is pleased to announce that on December 21, 2008 at 11PM (EST), song samples from the upcoming album “Murder by Pride” along with a major contest will be launched!

The contest is a historic first for Stryper and will give one lucky fan the opportunity of a lifetime to become a part of Stryper history!

Visit MICHAELSWEET. COM or STRYPER. COM on December 21, 2008 at 11PM (EST) to access the contest details and song samples.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw too that michael is saying it is more melodic metal oriented this time around hearkening back to their more classic stuff. I dont know. I have to wait and see. I have heard that line before that this or that cd is a return to the 'classic' sound from other bands and it turns out to be a snoozefest...

Alex

• My Little Pony

I was just at the local Christian bookstore and they still have a sign saying, "New Stryper Album Coming This Fall!"

I love going in there and asking questions I already know the answers to. They usually give me the dated info.

I was just at the local Christian bookstore...I love going in there and asking questions I already know the answers to.

Huh. I sort of figured you'd be struck by lightning the second your foot crossed the threshold of a Christian bookstore...

• My Little Pony
I was just at the local Christian bookstore...I love going in there and asking questions I already know the answers to.

Huh. I sort of figured you'd be struck by lightning the second your foot crossed the threshold of a Christian bookstore...

No no, God holds his wrath 'til His son returns. Then the lightning strikes.

No, no, God holds His wrath 'til His Son returns. Then the lightning strikes.

Well, at least you know you got it coming, eh? Maybe The Almighty will show you some mercy if you buy the new Stryper album. God loves Stryper, you know.

• My Little Pony

No, no, God holds His wrath 'til His Son returns. Then the lightning strikes.

Well, at least you know you got it coming, eh? Maybe The Almighty will show you some mercy if you buy the new Stryper album. God loves Stryper, you know.

Mercy and grace, baby. That's what's keeping me alive.

http://michaelsweet.com/Murder%20By%20Prid...les_samples.php

Samples sound great, I think old school Stryper fans will be pleased.

It definitely sounds a little more like "oldschool" Stryper than "Reborn" did, but that first song ("Eclipse of the Son") is a pretty weak way to start off the album, IMO. "4 Leaf Clover" has potential, but they cut the sample off before the chorus, the wankers. I really liked "Love is Why" though. Lookin' forward to next week and 3 more samples! But please, please, please, for the love of God (no pun intended), let "Eclipse of the Son" be the worst track on this CD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
Ok...it looks like all you have to do is enter your email address & then the samples appear...sneaky.

Yeah, I remebered doind it once before, so I didn't think I had to enter it again. What I forgot was they are wmv files and I have a Mac. So I'm gonna have to wait impatiently.

Nothing mindblowing, but some good stuff. I give the samples 74/100.

whats the difference between 74 and 75?

In the Northern hemisphere, usually 1!

• My Little Pony
just listened to 4 Leaf Clover..... very cool.

Once you head down the dark path, forever will it dominate you.

Sounds like some killer (well, killer might be too strong a word) mixed with some filler. Lovin' the title track, and "Mercy Over Blame" sounds pretty sweet, but "Eclipse of the Son" and "Run in you" are "blah" at best. I still think it sounds more like oldschool Stryper than "Reborn" did (and I like "Reborn"), so I think they're at least trying to give the fans what they want, though nothing I'm hearing comes close to matching "Soldiers Under Command" or "To Hell With the Devil." Of course, all of this is based on one minute samples; I'll reserve final judgement until after I hear the whole album, and yes, I will purchase the album, because as a Christian metal enthusiast, I am pretty much obligated to buy any album bearing the Stryper name.

Sounds like some killer (well, killer might be too strong a word) mixed with some filler.

That pretty much describes any Stryper album aside from YELLOW & BLACK ATTACK and AGAINST THE LAW. :lol: