Favorite Leatherwolf Album

Favorite Leatherwolf Album  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Longtime Leatherwolf fan here! :) I went with the s/t '87 release, not the '84. Kinda confusin' that they have two s/t releases. I am probably one of the few, if not the only one, but that's just me :P that likes the '87 release, which is cool, teto.

Here's the catalog:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=631

I also have some promo singles of Hideaway from Street Ready. And there is a live fan club issue of some a few of the earlier fave's......which I would have to look for, but most of the songs from it are on Wide Open, as well.

I've listened to the new clips when World Asylum was released, I liked the music, but w/o Michael Oliveri, it's not quite the same, imho. I wonder how well they sound playing the older stuff live with the new singer.

Great band & music! :drink::whistle:

Went with Street Ready edging the s/t.

The "new" Leatherwolf is called World Asylum. It was released in August 2006.

I like it nearly as much as Street Ready and the s/t. Definitely a more metal sound. Probably in my top 20 albums of 2006.

Street Ready 88/100

Leatherwolf s/t 86/100

World Asylum 84/100

Here is the track listing:

1. I Am the Law

2. King of the Ward

3. Behind the Gun

4. Live or Die

5. Disconnect

6. Dr. Wicked (Rx O. D.)

7. Institutions

8. Derailed

9. Grail

10. Never Again

I boldfaced my favorites.

I think I will be purchasing World Asylum within the next couple of weeks. I really liked the four tracks I heard on the site.

Well, I'm not one of those people who thinks "Street Ready" is a masterpiece, because it's a patchy album, with almost as many fillers as hits, but those hits...wowzer!! When the band did it right, they were fantastic. I nearly voted for the new album, since I like the heavier, aggressive sound, but in the end I went with "Street Ready."

• 1 year later...
Street Ready for me. I love that one.

"Street Ready" and S/T were neck and neck, went for the S/T though, still remember the day I got it on tape!! :banger:

Same here - except I never had it on tape, I first purchased it on CD several years back for a pretty hefty price on the bay. Both Street Ready and S/T are awesome and definitely staying with me until my time is up and maybe even beyond. :banger:

• 2 years later...

Had to dig this one up as well; a band that I haven't seen mentioned on this forum much if at all. Amazed that "Street Ready" is kicking "Leatherwolf"'s arse! The self-titled has 'The Calling', 'Share a Dream' and 'Cry Out' all on the same album and wins hands down for me. Three amazing tracks, the only one I think matched these on "Street Ready" is 'Lonely Road'.

A couple of great albums though. Happy memories.

I know only 'World Asylum' but that's a solid disc. :headbanger:

I can heartily recommend looking up some of the tracks mentioned here on Youtube (I can't access it at work to have a look). For me, 'The Calling', 'Share a Dream', 'Cry Out' and 'Lonely Road' are some of the best hard rock/melodic metal songs I've heard.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't go past Street Ready for me, especially the Jap pressing with Alone In The Night. I think that pops up on the Leatherwolf 1987 reissue.