TROUBLE TRIBE!

Bubbasmama

A friend sent me the Trouble Tribe CD today and ................ WOW!!! :o

I can't believe these guys only made one album, and then ......what??

Does anyone here know anything about them?? Where they are now?? What they are doing?? I've done some searches and am coming up with nothing!! :(

Jimmy Driscoll's vocals are sending shivers down my back!! (To Me)...it's THAT good!!!

ANY information anyone might have would be appreciated!!

• 4 months later...
Guest gringo300

trouble tribe's adam wacht played with bobby borg in the bands left for dead and opinion.

left for dead at one time were:

eddie gowan- lead vocals

adam wacht- guitar

tom defile- bass

bobby borg- drums

adam wacht was replaced by jeff blando, who was later in slaughter and saigon kick (with tom defile)

before LFD, eddie gowan sang for queen anne's revenge, who were reportedly produced by jani lane and beau hill.

before (and after) LFD, tom defile was in saigon kick.

before LFD, bobby borg was in beggars and thieves, and later was in warrant.

I haven't heard the song 'Tattoo' in about 14 years. I can't even remember how it goes? ;) Man, I would love to hear that one again, but I can't find that song on kazaa or anywhere else.

Damn, I would love to hear that song again!

PM me your email addy.......I'll send it to ya!!

Soon as I find it!! :blink:

• 4 years later...

Left for Dead were pretty terrible, weren't they? I forgot about the Trouble Tribe connection.

I think we discussed Trouble Tribe recently, but I agree they were a great band. After seeing the cover when I bought this album at Hornsby Cash Converters I was a little worried. The naked lady was awesome, but I thought the green circles meant there would be some weird psychadelic twist or something. I was blown away when stuff like the flawless 'Here comes trouble', 'In the end', 'Red light zone' and 'One by one' hit me with a wall of melodic hard rock bliss. Great disc.

Left for Dead were pretty terrible, weren't they? I forgot about the Trouble Tribe connection.

I think we discussed Trouble Tribe recently, but I agree they were a great band. After seeing the cover when I bought this album at Hornsby Cash Converters I was a little worried. The naked lady was awesome, but I thought the green circles meant there would be some weird psychadelic twist or something. I was blown away when stuff like the flawless 'Here comes trouble', 'In the end', 'Red light zone' and 'One by one' hit me with a wall of melodic hard rock bliss. Great disc.

This band is awesome! The cd rocked & was one that I played like crazy back in the day. Geoff, are you the one digging up all these old threads?

:)

This band is awesome! The cd rocked & was one that I played like crazy back in the day. Geoff, are you the one digging up all these old threads?

:)

Yeah mate, it's me. Just looking for a few more bands to discuss and seeing if there are some cool older threads. It's part of me being metal.

Yeah Trouble Tribe were a great band.

I was on vacation in North Carolina the year this came out and I heard "Here Comes Trouble" on one of the local Radio stations and the awesomeness knocked me over, so I had to buy the album.

• 1 year later...

Back on these guys, does anyone know if they ever recorded any demos for a second album or anything, or did they split right after the debut? What happened anyway? I assume the debut sold poorly, they were dumped by Chrysalis and that was the end of the story for them?

It's odd when I look at it in hindsight. This and Slaughter's 'Stick it you ya!' were both released on Chrysalis back in 1990, hey? With the better vocals, awesome production job and some really commercial tunes you'd be forgiven for thinking this should have done just as well as the Slaughter CD. Was it just that Chrysalis put all their dollars and backing behind Slaughter? Love both CDs but it's a real shame these guys faded into oblivion with such a cool disc out there.

Back on these guys, does anyone know if they ever recorded any demos for a second album or anything, or did they split right after the debut? What happened anyway? I assume the debut sold poorly, they were dumped by Chrysalis and that was the end of the story for them?

It's odd when I look at it in hindsight. This and Slaughter's 'Stick it you ya!' were both released on Chrysalis back in 1990, hey? With the better vocals, awesome production job and some really commercial tunes you'd be forgiven for thinking this should have done just as well as the Slaughter CD. Was it just that Chrysalis put all their dollars and backing behind Slaughter? Love both CDs but it's a real shame these guys faded into oblivion with such a cool disc out there.

I'm just guessing but I'm sure Slaughter got somewhat of a push due to Mark and Dana coming from VVI and them having a minor hit with 'Love Kills'. I do remember that 'Up All Night' seemed to be on MTV at least once every few hours there in 1990. Then 'Spend My Life', 'Fly to the Angels' and 'Mad About You' also got a ton of play on MTV as well. I don't remember seeing a Trouble Tribe video one time, which is a shame since they had at least three or four potential hit songs on that disc IMO. I think some of Trouble Tribe guys wound up in a different group a few years later. I seem to remember adds from Perris Records promoting something. I thought it was that band Left for Dead with Jeff Blando but after looking at it none of them were on that disc but maybe they were in that band prior to recording. I don't remember ever reading about any demos for a second album though.

Yeah, according to Gringo above the guitarist was in LFD but replaced by Blando later, before recording, I assume. Just listening to the disc today, it's hard to fault it. The cover of an already dreadful song, 'Dear Prudence' isn't pretty and the two interludes are wasted space, but all the other songs are at least pretty damn good. Even the pretty standard stuff like 'Gimme something sweet', 'Back to the well' and 'Boys night out' all sound good. The other 7 songs are all excellent.

I'm just guessing but I'm sure Slaughter got somewhat of a push due to Mark and Dana coming from VVI and them having a minor hit with 'Love Kills'. I do remember that 'Up All Night' seemed to be on MTV at least once every few hours there in 1990. Then 'Spend My Life', 'Fly to the Angels' and 'Mad About You' also got a ton of play on MTV as well. I don't remember seeing a Trouble Tribe video one time, which is a shame since they had at least three or four potential hit songs on that disc IMO. I think some of Trouble Tribe guys wound up in a different group a few years later. I seem to remember adds from Perris Records promoting something. I thought it was that band Left for Dead with Jeff Blando but after looking at it none of them were on that disc but maybe they were in that band prior to recording. I don't remember ever reading about any demos for a second album though.

If memory serves me correctly, I believe I read somewhere that Vinnie Vincent got a huge contract with Chrysalis but due to his money problems it was taken away from him and given to Mark and Dana. I wonder if that's why they got more of a push. Anyhoo, the Trouble Tribe album is pretty decent. I picked it up for cheap a few years back without knowing what the band sounded like and was pleasantly suprised. Red Light Zone is the standout track for me on that album.

Yet another CD that has lots of good comments on HH, but costs a bloody fortune to get hold of! This hard rock business gets very frustrating!

:doh:

If memory serves me correctly, I believe I read somewhere that Vinnie Vincent got a huge contract with Chrysalis but due to his money problems it was taken away from him and given to Mark and Dana. I wonder if that's why they got more of a push. Anyhoo, the Trouble Tribe album is pretty decent. I picked it up for cheap a few years back without knowing what the band sounded like and was pleasantly suprised. Red Light Zone is the standout track for me on that album.

"Up All Night" took off like a rocket while "Tattoo" did nothing. It's all about the almighty hit single.

Personally, while I do enjoy both albums, I think Trouble Tribe's album has a bit of filler and is pretty generic while Slaughter's debut had some great tunes on it, even on the second half of the album.

Trouble tribe is excellent, I liked Slaughter when I first heard them and still do now but I tend to steer away from screechy vocalists if I can.

So can't handle listening to more than a few tunes by slaughter in one sitting.

I wish they did more tunes like 'Searchin' when Mark turns down the screech level :D

Chrysalis pushed these guys, I know that Here Comes Trouble was getting heavy rotation on Pirate Radio, and hear in Salt Lake City on KBER 101, KBER also had In The End in there rotation for quit awhile, but nowhere near as long as the other! this is just your standard run of the mill Commercial Rock that was being pumped out at a disgusting volume right up and into the year 1990, right before Nirvana put an end to it!

I wish they did more tunes like 'Searchin' when Mark turns down the screech level :D

Sorry to go off topic but yeah, I agree, that's one of my favorite Slaughter tunes! :beerbang:

Yeah, I always thought this album had a few fillers on it, but as per my post above, I was failing to come up with any yesterday, aside from that icky 'Dear Purdence' mess and the two interludes. Even the more simple tunes were soothing to my ears.

I love Slaughter's debut and won't try to get into which disc I prefer, but I will say this. I obviously much prefer the dude from Trouble Tribe's voice, I think that 'Here comes trouble' was a much better tune than 'Up all night' and I also think 'In the end' is a much better ballad than 'Fly to the angels'. :) But I should make it clear, I don't think either 'Up all night' or 'Fly to the angels' were anywhere near the best on 'Stick it to ya!' :)