Comic books

Faust

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed 'Y The Last Man', although I agree that the ending was a bit lame ...

Lobo, Sandman (along with the 'Death' spin-offs), Hellblazer and Marshall Law are all faves ... I also like(d) Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Halo Jones and Strontium Dog (from 2000AD), along with Charley's War and Johnny Red (from Battle-Action) ... I started reading Preacher when it was first published, but I got fed up with Steve Dillon's artwork (I've never been a HUGE fan of his), and The Invisibles left me cold ....

• My Little Pony

I'm currently digging the Image title Saga.

I was thinking of checking that one out...

Although I have got bored of BKV's 'Ex Machina' fairly quickly. It's not a patch on 'Y The Last Man' imo.

Y The Last Man was brilliant. Saga is Fantasic. BKV at his best and Fiona Staples art is excellent. Locke & Key is really good too. BKV and Marcos Martin do a web comic called The Private Eye that's super good too. You can check it out at panelsyndicate.com

I love 'Locke & Key'.

What did you think of the ending to 'Y The Last Man'? I loved the comic - great ideas, characters, etc and a real page-turner, but I thought the ending was a bit "meh".

I borrowed this from my mate only to get to the end, and realize it was only volume one. I was so choked. Why would the bastard lend me a series he only had the first volume of? Why does the bastard only have the first volume?

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

I'm looking at grabbing a few Marvel titles I could never afford as a punk kid (cover price woulda been 35-75 cents so bronze/silver age?). Anyone know of any reputable online comic stores they would recommend?

I would first suggest looking for a store near you. It's important to support local comic shops. They may also be able to get whatever you want, if they don't have it.

• My Little Pony

I would prefer to shop locally but they either don't have the titles I'm after or have greedily priced themselves out of the market.

What titles are you looking for? I wonder if my local guy would ship. He doesn't overcharge.

I like a lot of the pre code horror stuff. Comics like Zombie and Mystic (which are old UK reprints of the EC line over in the U.S). Some of it was reprinted but I lost quite a few when I left home (mothers love to throw out comics!). Marvel Masterworks have released a nice series of the Atlas titles....but they're expensive, if I wasn't married , had no kids, didn't like music...then I guess I could afford them!