Question for Retrospect?

glockose

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys must be borderline retarded. The fact is, you can't release things just because you want. As Brad stated in his email, he doesn't own the rights to it either. And why haven't you contacted him, asking if you could send the money you made. Why does a guy, whose music you stole, have to contact you in order to get paid? Best of all, you admit to stealing someone's music and you & your little cronie (which is probably you also) call me the asshole? There are legalities that one must go through in order to release something. What needs to happen is everyone that you have screwed and whoever else needs to come together and pitch in for the cost of suing your ass and send you to prison. If you want to push your luck, I would love to make it a priority in my life.

You guys must be borderline retarded. The fact is, you can't release things just because you want. As Brad stated in his email, he doesn't own the rights to it either. And why haven't you contacted him, asking if you could send the money you made. Why does a guy, whose music you stole, have to contact you in order to get paid? Best of all, you admit to stealing someone's music and you & your little cronie (which is probably you also) call me the asshole? There are legalities that one must go through in order to release something. What needs to happen is everyone that you have screwed and whoever else needs to come together and pitch in for the cost of suing your ass and send you to prison. If you want to push your luck, I would love to make it a priority in my life.

Oh I am more than borderline.

Ok Mr Holier Than Thou , I'll play your little game.

My email for Brad is no longer valid and in fact I asked the bass player to have Brad contact me. He is welcome to contact me whenever he likes and I would be extremely happy to sign TKO for a 2 album deal.

I had to laugh at this line....

"If you want to push your luck, I would love to make it a priority in my life."

I am shaking in my boots - lol. Take your empty threats and patronize someone else who gives a damn.

Take a hike.

damn and i thought i was king of the pricks....someone has usurped my throne!!! :bowdown:

:rofl2:

Damn, you made me waste some very good beer with that one Jay.... :lol:

Yeh I've already seen that interview. Let the facts be known...

Both TKO releases were in the beginning of my ownership of the label.

I emailed Brad and asked him if he'd like to release those 2 albums. His only response was "I don't own the rights". I then asked him "who does?" and he never replied back.

At that point I said 'fuck it' and released it anyways.

Sam,

You just don't get it mate!! The band members shouldn't have to contact you in order to get their rightful royalties!! What you are doing is illegal!! It is only a matter of time before you mess with the wrong band who is prepared to take things further and proceed to sued your arse off or as dimeit said, maybe time behind bars. If you EVER try and rip off any of Suncity's bands that we have the legal rights to, like you did with Sweet Teaze, I will definitely take things further. I have worked on putting a ticket together of a heap of bands/people that you have either tried or have ripped off in the past and we ALL will finish your illegal ways. I know you will either tell me I'm jealously or spin up something about my personal ebay account or even try to excuse yourself because other record may not be doing the right thing. Just anything that to take the attention off the topic we are all discussing. People probably won't spend their money on Suncity's products due to my passionate stand on this subject but I'm willing to put that on the line to stand up for what I believe in.

I understand that you release great music but I don't understand why people continue to agree my your illegal business ethics. No record label in the world can release hundreds of CD's in one year without going down the rightful avenues in getting all the proper contracts signed, etc.... I believe you don't have much love at all for this music, you just are in it for the money. You spend no money on promotions, no money on artwork, you don't even take the time to hunt down the original masters, you take most of your music off cassette type, which in my opinion is pathetically cheap.

15-Love

Dave

Yeh I've already seen that interview. Let the facts be known...

Both TKO releases were in the beginning of my ownership of the label.

I emailed Brad and asked him if he'd like to release those 2 albums. His only response was "I don't own the rights". I then asked him "who does?" and he never replied back.

At that point I said 'fuck it' and released it anyways.

Sam,

You just don't get it mate!! The band members shouldn't have to contact you in order to get their rightful royalties!! What you are doing is illegal!! It is only a matter of time before you mess with the wrong band who is prepared to take things further and proceed to sued your arse off or as dimeit said, maybe time behind bars. If you EVER try and rip off any of Suncity's bands that we have the legal rights to, like you did with Sweet Teaze, I will definitely take things further. I have worked on putting a ticket together of a heap of bands/people that you have either tried or have ripped off in the past and we ALL will finish your illegal ways. I know you will either tell me I'm jealously or spin up something about my personal ebay account or even try to excuse yourself because other record labels may not be doing the right thing. Just anything that to take the attention off the topic we are all discussing. People probably won't spend their money on Suncity's products due to my passionate stand on this subject but I'm willing to put that on the line to stand up for what I believe in.

I understand that you release great music but I don't understand why people continue to agree with your illegal business ethics. No record label in the world can release hundreds of CD's in one year without going down the rightful avenues in getting all the proper contracts signed, etc.... I believe you don't have much love at all for this music, you just are in it for the money. You spend no money on promotions, no money on artwork, you don't even take the time to hunt down the original masters, you take most of your music off cassette type, which in my opinion is pathetically cheap.

15-Love

Dave

• 2023 Gold Donors

Best of all, you admit to stealing someone's music and you & your little cronie (which is probably you also) call me the asshole?

Damn JJ, when did you become one of Sam's cronies. For that matter, are you even really you. :rofl2:

David , I am gonna tell you one last time to shut your piehole , you have NO idea what you're talking about personally or professionally (that is quite obvious). There is NOT ONE Retrospect release currently in print that is a boot.

Now that you've stirred the pot , I'm gonna let loose...

Let's see , you have signed a few bands since last December and NOBODY HAS SEEN A FUCKING RELEASE YET!!!

STOP YOUR BULLSHIT EBAY ANTICS AND START PUTTING YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.

You are the fraud David. You have fucked over umpteen sellers at this forum and around the globe. You have the NERVE to even open your trap about my ethics??? How about I get all the sellers who you have shafted and sue your Aussie arse for wasting valuable time and money?

You truly make me sick David with some of the bullshit that you spew....

Here's the nail in the coffin for ya....

AND I QUOTE FROM DAVID..

"Another band that I stopped Sam from bootlegging and ripping off was a Canadian band, Smash L.A. which I have full contracts signed for the release of their self-titled album this year."

Hey asshole , THIS IS A BIG FAT LIE. Smash L.A. has signed to Retrospect and I would be happy to post the contract here so everyone can see what a pathetic loser you really are.

LET ME SEE YOUR CONTRACTS M.F.

You can't show them BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THEM.

I'm man enough to admit I made some errors in judgement a year ago BUT NOW IT'S DIFFERENT. Retrospect is a whole different animal...

But you are the same David , still a jealous competitor who loves to dish it out but can't take it when you are called out.

Now try focusing on releasing your own product that everyone has been waiting damn near a year for and STOP wasting peoples time on Ebay.

and DIMEIT , I just figured out who you are - that chump from Full In Bloom who advocates buying boots in one interview and then does a rope-a-dope in another. Dude you are a classic example of the word HYPOCRITE and you need to get a life , seriously.

I've heard it all , ex-managers , ex-girlfriends , ex-wives - they're all gonna sue sue sue.

Gimmie a break.

Best of all, you admit to stealing someone's music and you & your little cronie (which is probably you also) call me the asshole?

Damn JJ, when did you become one of Sam's cronies. For that matter, are you even really you. :rofl2:

I am no ones crony. I just call them like I see them. When he called me borderline retarded, that was not even close to be true. I am full on retarded.

I am no ones crony. I just call them like I see them. When he called me borderline retarded, that was not even close to be true. I am full on retarded.

Jason I thought you were a retrospect employee now. Isn't that why you changed your user name?

Jason I thought you were a retrospect employee now. Isn't that why you changed your user name?

I applied, but Sam has higher standards.

David , I am gonna tell you one last time to shut your piehole , you have NO idea what you're talking about personally or professionally (that is quite obvious). There is NOT ONE Retrospect release currently in print that is a boot.

Now that you've stirred the pot , I'm gonna let loose...

Let's see , you have signed a few bands since last December and NOBODY HAS SEEN A FUCKING RELEASE YET!!!

STOP YOUR BULLSHIT EBAY ANTICS AND START PUTTING YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.

You are the fraud David. You have fucked over umpteen sellers at this forum and around the globe. You have the NERVE to even open your trap about my ethics??? How about I get all the sellers who you have shafted and sue your Aussie arse for wasting valuable time and money?

You truly make me sick David with some of the bullshit that you spew....

Here's the nail in the coffin for ya....

AND I QUOTE FROM DAVID..

"Another band that I stopped Sam from bootlegging and ripping off was a Canadian band, Smash L.A. which I have full contracts signed for the release of their self-titled album this year."

Hey asshole , THIS IS A BIG FAT LIE. Smash L.A. has signed to Retrospect and I would be happy to post the contract here so everyone can see what a pathetic loser you really are.

LET ME SEE YOUR CONTRACTS M.F.

You can't show them BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THEM.

I'm man enough to admit I made some errors in judgement a year ago BUT NOW IT'S DIFFERENT. Retrospect is a whole different animal...

But you are the same David , still a jealous competitor who loves to dish it out but can't take it when you are called out.

Now try focusing on releasing your own product that everyone has been waiting damn near a year for and STOP wasting peoples time on Ebay.

and DIMEIT , I just figured out who you are - that chump from Full In Bloom who advocates buying boots in one interview and then does a rope-a-dope in another. Dude you are a classic example of the word HYPOCRITE and you need to get a life , seriously.

I've heard it all , ex-managers , ex-girlfriends , ex-wives - they're all gonna sue sue sue.

Gimmie a break.

You're a bigger idiot than I ever could have imagined. Keep blabbing that balding ass head of yours, it's quite entertaining.

Sam,

I don't know why I feel the need to answer to a self-confessed Bootlegger but let me clear things up in regards to the Smash L.A. issue.

Early last year I had signed contracts between Suncity Records and Canadian Hard Rock band Smash L.A. Between me, David Moors and Guitarist/Song Writer, Reed Shimozawa. One of the terms in the contract was that Reed had to find the original masters of the self-titled album which we both knew at this time was going to be a big task. During this time you emailed me telling me that you were going to release the Smash L.A. album (without permission) in the typical less than professional Retrospect cassette transfer routine and I told you that I had signed contracts and for you not to go ahead with your bootleg release, you therefore agreed. I still have the email but I’m not prepared to spend the time on going back through my emails to dig it out.

In the end Reed was unfortunately unable to track down the original masters so the contract become void. It was a real shame because we had spent so much time trying to track them down, we even went back to the first Sundae Sound Studios in Calgary, Alberta, Canada were the album was recorded back in 1989-90. We even found the guy that produced the album, Gabriel Boucher. But no luck. As much as I liked the Smash L.A. music, Suncity Records has a policy that we only release albums from the original masters. And therefore we both parted ways.

Since then, we have gone onto sign the BEST two Canadian hard rock bands which will be announced in the not to distant future and quite frankly, blow away Smash L.A. in every way. Having said that, I do like the Smash L.A. album so that will give you an idea of how good these two bands are.

Sam, the whole nail in the coffin has really backfired this time mate, and how did we get onto this subject anyway?? Oh yeah, that's because you changed the subject from my last post!! GROW UP!!

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

You fucking liar David. I know the entire Tainted Angel story mate and there's a reason you lost the deal....because you're a PRICK. You claim this...

"Suncity Records has a policy that we only release albums from the original masters"

This is the biggest pile of shit you have ever spoken.

As far as Smash L.A. goes this was a very simple deal....

YOU LOST IT ONCE AGAIN TO RETROSPECT RECORDS BECAUSE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR TRACK RECORD. Don't try to sugarcoat your failures David , they are glaring and quite obvious.

How many more bands are you going to lose to me David because of your incompetence in releasing material?

You were finished before you began David , mainly due to your addiction to ebay and fucking over of countless sellers.

How many names have been suspended now David? 4? 5?

WHY? Let's see you explain why you have been suspended 4 times...

I feel sorry for any bands that you sign David , because they'll wait a whole fucking year before they get a release , you can mark my words when I tell you that I'll be on a crusade to contact these bands and steal them once again. They'll know the TRUTH behind David at SunCity.

What a piece of work you are.

On a lighter note , Jason your replies had me :rofl2:

I'm gonna keep this really short....

I could see this coming when Sam announced that RETROSPECT had struck a deal with MIRAGE which will allow RETROSPECT to release the bands who were on MIRAGE.

Once again...JEALOUSY rears it's ugly head. As soon as RETROSPECT makes great strides in it's quest to be the #1 re-release lable... someone has to try to bring them down. There are just some that will never accept the FACT that RETROSPECT is a success story.

Keep the great releases coming Sam.....

~ Dave ~

I'm not going to keep replying to this moron. I'm sick of it and I'm sure everyone else is. I have only one question for you Sam, which of these releases haven't been taken straight from the original masters??

Blue Tears - Mad, Bad & Dangerous

Schoolboy Crush - Good Time, Bad Boys

Blue Tears - Dancin' On The Back Streets

Swingin' Thing - Keep On Swingin'

Blackboard Jungle - Welcome To The Blackboard Jungle

Kidd Havok - Roll The Dice

Sweet Teaze - Groovin' On The Backside

Fashion Police - Plug It In

Fashion Police - A New Minority

Fashion Police - Callin' All The Shots

Fatal Charm - Looks Like Trouble

Pretty Vacant - Walkin' On A Tilt

Daniel MacMaster - Rock Bonham.... And The Long Road Back

Dirty Rhythm - Never Cleaned Up

EVERY SINGLE SUNCITY RECORDS RELEASES AND ALL FUTURE RELEASES COME STRAIGHT FROM THE ORIGIANL MASTERS AND THAT'S SOMETHING THAT WE WILL NEVER CHANGE. We pride ourselves on this policy. Sam, you have no proof at all saying we go the cheap way out like Retrospect Records. That is one of the reasons we have taken so long to get these discs out!!

One more thing, I can't believe you are stupid enough to believe a word that comes out of Lynn Edward Glezens mouth!! :rofl2: Not only is he a gambling, junkie, bankrupt scumbag, he ripped me off, he has ripped Ryan at Metal Mayhem off, he ripped off all his guitar sponsors and most importantly YOU!! How much more obvious does it get? Where are those bonus tracks that were suppose to be on the Tainted Angel album you released?? Sam, answer me that one?? I have spoken to Ryan at length about Lynn Edward Glezen and he is a professional conman. He gave Ryan and myself the exact same story about his family which will be kicked out of their unit and his family will have to live on the streets if he doesn't pay his rent by Friday and the other story about how his father in law has fallen sick and he couldn't afford health care and he may die if we can't advance him just another $2,000. He told me that he could fart into a mic and it would sell thousands of albums. That's what I was dealing with!! A complete and utter washed up wannabe rock star getting all the money he can by ripping off independent Record Labels that are trying their level best to bring this kind of music to the fans.

The facts are - Lynn Edward Glezen of Tainted Angel is the lowest of low conman scumbags you could ever meet and I wouldn't even put you Sam in the same league as him.

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

you know David , I couldn't tell what the hell is from original masters or not since these have been sitting around for MONTHS and MONTHS and haven't been released yet...

Blackboard Jungle - Welcome To The Blackboard Jungle

Kidd Havok - Roll The Dice

Sweet Teaze - Groovin' On The Backside

Fashion Police - Plug It In

Fashion Police - A New Minority

Fashion Police - Callin' All The Shots

Fatal Charm - Looks Like Trouble

Pretty Vacant - Walkin' On A Tilt

Daniel MacMaster - Rock Bonham.... And The Long Road Back

Dirty Rhythm - Never Cleaned Up

Dude you need to clean up your own backyard because right now your reputation , in all aspects, just downright fucking blows.

Lynn didn't rip me off , he just didn't come thru with things he said he was going to do and now I can sell his album for eternity and not owe him a dime. He was the idiot , not me.

One more thing David , all Retrospect releases come from THE BEST SOURCE MATERIAL available. Don't like it? Don't buy it. You sure have wanted to buy Retrospect releases time and time again haven't you? It just bugs the hell out of you that I have your ebay number pegged , doesn't it David? Let me make something VERY clear , if I see you on ebay again and/or if someone reports to me that you are actively bidding , I'll have you suspended faster than a lost SunCity contract. Kapiche?

Right now I have released over 140 albums to your 4 in a matter of one year. And you wonder why so many bands are jumping on the Retrospect train?

You just can't handle that can you?

Sam,

You still haven't answered the question about the claim that you made in regards on Suncity Records not using the original masters?? Which ones were they Sam? And were is your proof?? Or was this another attemped at lying to back yourself out of yet another corner??

SR - Suncity Records has a policy that we only release albums from the original masters

RR - This is the biggest pile of shit you have ever spoken

Don't make claims you can't back up moron!!

P.S. I have tried buying Retrospect CD's in the past when they meet the criteria of 2 very simple things. 1) I know the band is not getting ripped off unlike T.K.O., Sweet Teaze, Boss, the list goes on and 2) I know that the CD is professionally silver pressed for example - Manila Thrills, Axtion, Mariah, XL New York which are the only 5 Retrospect CD's I have. I hope like mad you will be releasing - Smash L.A., Reckless, Mariah 3 on silver pressed discs!!

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

lol Gringo , that was great.

David , you were going to release the Tainted Angel material without the original masters so there's your answer. I backed it up.

Another lie from David...

"I know that the CD is professionally silver pressed for example"

Bullshit! You have wanted to buy my entire catalog so just stop the freaking lies!

Now answer this question because a lot of people want to know...

WHY DO YOU KEEP GETTING SUSPENDED FROM EBAY??

If you can't even keep an upstanding Ebay account then how in the fuck can you be trusted managing the monies from the bands you signed???

I'll be contacting them and asking....I have all of their MYSPACE pages...

I tell you what David , let's end this B.S> right now and you call me on the phone so we can have a little chat.

Let's see if you're willing to be a man.

Just PM me and I'll give you my phone number....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.