Nelson - Imaginator

Nelson - Imaginator  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My fave release from the band! Didn't know they had it in them to be this dark & rockin'! Should have been their second release instead of the softer album...

My fave song...We always want what we can't get

Tough pick though......

JL

'The judas mirror' by a mile - I love that song!

'Tell me' might have got close, but IMO Jailhouse's version is much better... so 'Judas Mirror' got my vote.

I am completely shocked that no one has posted about this cd <_< Fucking fabo cd! Heavy, melodic & great vox. Not to mention the story line. No one likes this cd??????????????

JL

As a whole, I like the debut better, but "Imaginator" contains my all-time favorite Nelson song, "Kiss Me When I Cry." Penned by Jack Ponti, that track has a super-killer chorus hook, and combined with the massive harmony vocals, results in a melodic hard rock masterpiece. :bowdown:

Unfortunately, like most Nelson albums, this one had too many fillers and came up short in the consistency department. If you compile all the best songs off Nelson's releases, you come up with an awesome bunch of melodic hard rock tunes; the actual albums themselves are too patchy.

Just my opinion, of course. :)

• 4 years later...

here is what I said on the main board

The problem of time between cd's wasn't the Brothers fault. They had the cd Imaginator ready to go in 1993 and it got shelved. It would have been a good follow up the the debut but instead we got this weak album with only a couple of strong songs on it. Maybe it isn't weak, maybe it is just too light even for a Nelson album.

• 2 weeks later...