M.A.S.H

66 mustang

MASH  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a bit more partial to the later years with Hawkeye, BJ Charles, Margaret, Sherman and Klinger but I really liked Radar too. I also like the more serious tone of the show in the later years. I know it started out as a big slapstick comedy but it evolved into so much more, But yeah, I loved it all. From the early episodes were they were still getting their feet wet till you saw Good-Bye spelled out in rocks (it still makes me tear up) as Hawkeye takes off in the chopper

I liked everything up to and including the last episode. I did not like After MASH however...

• 3 weeks later...

"M*A*S*H "

An astounding 77 percent of all TV viewers on Feb. 28, 1983, had the set tuned to "Goodbye, Farewell and Amen," the final episode of one of TV's most beloved shows. The two-and-a-half hour finale did more tying up than a cowboy at a calf-roping competition, beginning with Hawkeye's (Alan Alda) trip to the mental hospital and going up through the bombing of the camp and Klinger's decision to stay in Korea. The final moment, with B.J. (Mike Farrell) and Hawkeye's final words and the "Goodbye" spelled out in stones, is still regarded as one of the most powerful moments in television drama. It was the greatest final impression one could make -- until that flavor of friendship was quickly replaced by the bitter aftertaste of "After M*A*S*H."

• 3 years later...

All MASH is pretty damn good, even the After MASH stuff wasn't bad....

It DID suck though when Henry Blake left and got killed......

But hell I got all 11 seasons on DVD..... :tumbsup:

I voted for the middle years btw.. Much as I LOVED Trapper.. BJ and Pierce were a really GOOD team too....

I'll take the early seasons any day. Henry Blake was miles above Potter on the laugh meter, and Frank Burns was way more entertaining than Winchester's pompous bluster. I preferred Trapper John by a mile over Hunnicutt, too. Moving Klinger into Potter's office to replace Radar was lame. Once Alda took over with his preachy messages, it got a tad tedious; not to say it wasn't a good show anymore - I just preferred it when they kept it lighthearted without the moral messages.

• 3 weeks later...