Cheapest Online Cd stores

NEH has really been my go-to store lately but the cheapest places I've used are CD Universe, Deep Discount CD and Amazon.com when using the Amazon Marketplace Sellers section. Of those three I would say Amazon has the best selection.

what are the best online cd stores eg NEH, etc, that are the cheapest or best value for money, both in terms of cd prices and postage costs in peoples opinions....

thanks

Are we talking strictly AOR/hard rock or all genres?

The "Specials" sections at both aorheaven.com and schmankerl-records.com (especially the latter) can yield some gems. Once a year or so I go hog nuts at Schmankerl, since they have a very nice selection of out-of-print discs as well as harder-to-find material, e.g., some of the gold disc "Long Island Classics" series are still available for less than $15 each.

For those of us in the U.S., I like shopping from theendrecords.com. They're primarily a heavy metal shop, but they have some of the Frontiers material. Here's my most recent order from them; all prices include shipping in the U.S. Orders over $150 get a gift certificate for a future free CD (effectively knocks off another 9-10%):

AMBITION - Ambition $13.99

LANA LANE - 10th Anniversary Concert (DVD) $16.49

TALISMAN - Genesis (2CD slipcase) $14.24

TALISMAN - Humanimal (2CD slipcase) $14.24

TALISMAN - Talisman (2CD slipcase) $14.24

TALISMAN - Five Men Live (2CD) $17.00

TALISMAN - Life + 5 Out Of Five (2CD slipcase) $14.24

TEN - The Essential Collection 1995-2005 (2CD) $15.99

TERRA NOVA - Escape $13.99

FARO - Angelost $12.49

If you like it Heavy, lots of Death/Goth metal stuff and also some AOR titles, you can't beat THE END Records. I got Johnny Lima - Made In California and The Jeff Austin Project for 13$ plus only 1.50$ for shipping to Canada. 14.50$ for both new, not a Russian cheapo either, awesome prices. :bananamac:

There a couple that I know of:

Pangg Distribution: All items are new and shipping to the states is not a arm and leg. Fast Delivery too. Prices on somethings a very good, other things are decently priced.

http://www.paengg.de/

Sentinel Steel: Mainly Metal, they have both new and used items, Great clearance deals one right now is $5.88 cd or five for $24.88

http://www.sentinelsteel.com/CD/CDClearance/CDCloseOut.html

Wishing Well Entertainment: Prices are good to high. Both new and out of print and rare. They are good a descriptions, fast delivery. Well work a look.

http://www.wishingwellonline.com/

Fun Records: They can have very good prices on rare or hard to find cds. Hugh catalog, but difficult to go through, unless you download there Excel catalog. About 4 out every five items are in stock. Shipping is OK priced. Items are usually in great condition. Their drawback is very, very, very slow shipping sometimes over 2 months, but they can have gems, so if you can wait, you may want to try.

http://funrecords.musicstack.com/

There are a few more:

Perris Records: Besides being a label the have over a 1,000 cds for sell. Usually at good prices. There are cds that are listed in their catalog though they do not have in stock. They are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The big news with them is that they now have offices in Sweden, besides Texas. With the Sleaze Glam scene that is going on over there, the catalog should be quite good. I talked to Tom last december and he was telling about a bunch of bands they I had never heard of. Should be a very interesting year for them.

http://www.perrisrecords.com/main.htm

Maple Leaf Records I have not been able to contact them because of my ISP earthlink and AOL theirs. They are starting to sell to the public. They are a label and have a catalog of over 1,500 cds, and a lot of Long Island Classics for 5.11 Euros. Do not know about shipping, but if someone contacts them please let me know. Here is some of the cds and prices:

Purple Heart - Remaster 1998 Export: 8,69 € Inland: 9,71 €

Spirit Corpse - Love is a grave Export: 8,69 Inland: 9,71 €

Gary Grimes - Starhand Visions Export: 8,69 € Inland: 9,71 €

Mr. Naughty - Naughty But Nice Spezialpreis 4,60 €

Lovering - Calm Before The Storm Spezialpreis 4,60 €

Liveforce - Within Sight Spezialpreis 4,60 €

Embassy - Edge Of Rainbows Spezialpreis 2,56 €

Deveraux - Paintbox Spezialpreis 4,60 €

Allying Cry -Sunchild Spezialpreis 2,56 €

Long Island Rock Classics

Used Records - Used Records Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Electradrive - Electradrive Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Simon Chase - Thrill of the Chase Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Eddie Schwartz - Public Life Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Vancouver - Vancouver Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Fisc - Too hot for love Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Urgent - Timing Spezialpreis 5,11 €

The Arrows - Talk Talk Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Garnett Ford - Postcard Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Champion - Champion Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Chilliwack - Look in, look out Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Ringleader - If Licks could kill Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Michael Zee - Five Seven may be Eight Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Labarge - Bargin' in Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Eyes of wise - Eyes of wise Spezialpreis 5,11 €

http://www.mapleleaf-records.de/index_e.html

In the line of NEH Records there are:

Musicbuymail: The have good specials of the month and good prices on their specials. A large catalog of music.

http://www.musicbuymail.com/

CD Inzane: Good selection and good prices

http://www.cdinzane.com/

Nightmare Records: Can have good prices on some hard to find albums, a lot of their lable releases you can also get from CD Baby

http://www.nightmarerecords.com/

• 11 months later...
There are a few more:

Perris Records: Besides being a label the have over a 1,000 cds for sell. Usually at good prices. There are cds that are listed in their catalog though they do not have in stock. They are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The big news with them is that they now have offices in Sweden, besides Texas. With the Sleaze Glam scene that is going on over there, the catalog should be quite good. I talked to Tom last december and he was telling about a bunch of bands they I had never heard of. Should be a very interesting year for them.

http://www.perrisrecords.com/main.htm

Maple Leaf Records I have not been able to contact them because of my ISP earthlink and AOL theirs. They are starting to sell to the public. They are a label and have a catalog of over 1,500 cds, and a lot of Long Island Classics for 5.11 Euros. Do not know about shipping, but if someone contacts them please let me know. Here is some of the cds and prices:

Purple Heart - Remaster 1998 Export: 8,69 € Inland: 9,71 €

Spirit Corpse - Love is a grave Export: 8,69 Inland: 9,71 €

Gary Grimes - Starhand Visions Export: 8,69 € Inland: 9,71 €

Mr. Naughty - Naughty But Nice Spezialpreis 4,60 €

Lovering - Calm Before The Storm Spezialpreis 4,60 €

Liveforce - Within Sight Spezialpreis 4,60 €

Embassy - Edge Of Rainbows Spezialpreis 2,56 €

Deveraux - Paintbox Spezialpreis 4,60 €

Allying Cry -Sunchild Spezialpreis 2,56 €

Long Island Rock Classics

Used Records - Used Records Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Electradrive - Electradrive Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Simon Chase - Thrill of the Chase Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Eddie Schwartz - Public Life Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Vancouver - Vancouver Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Fisc - Too hot for love Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Urgent - Timing Spezialpreis 5,11 €

The Arrows - Talk Talk Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Garnett Ford - Postcard Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Champion - Champion Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Chilliwack - Look in, look out Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Ringleader - If Licks could kill Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Michael Zee - Five Seven may be Eight Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Labarge - Bargin' in Spezialpreis 5,11 €

Eyes of wise - Eyes of wise Spezialpreis 5,11 €

http://www.mapleleaf-records.de/index_e.html

there exist a lot of german sellers, mostly from bavaria, who nearly sell same stuff at same prices. they buy overstocks from frontiers and mtm, and also the old stuff from the deleted long island label. amazing that there are still so many copies available, cause this was limited stuff.

CM Distro, which is the mail-order catalog of Century Media Records, has a great selection of weird, obscure metal (not just Century Media releases) and decent prices too. I've used them several times and their service was always great.

I really found many treasures on this site : >> Price Minister << It's a french online market (not only for CDs)... I found some true rare stuffs for less than 10/15 € (most of time sellers dunno the true value of what they are selling...)... But shippings are only for France, french-Switzerland, and Belgium... It's a kind of mini-ebay, without the bid system.

• 2 weeks later...

If patience is a commodity you possess... check out ONECENTJAPANESECDS... new shop- just opened up on eBay, auctioning off 100s of Japanese import CDs (mostly AOR/hard rock/metal) every week, at one cent a piece... sure, some will go for more- but dozens, are guaranteed to go for a penny. Pay for shipping, and the CD is essentially yours for free.

Here it is: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZonecentjapanesecdsQQhtZ-1

...and if the low feedback/new seller status is a concern, ask any veteran on this site to vouch for it... it's an extension of well established eBay stores, Kissmydisc, Earotic, and others.

Cheers,

PJ

If patience is a commodity you possess... check out ONECENTJAPANESECDS... new shop- just opened up on eBay, auctioning off 100s of Japanese import CDs (mostly AOR/hard rock/metal) every week, at one cent a piece... sure, some will go for more- but dozens, are guaranteed to go for a penny. Pay for shipping, and the CD is essentially yours for free.

...and if the low feedback/new seller status is a concern, ask any veteran on this site to vouch for it... it's an extension of well established eBay stores, Kissmydisc, Earotic, and others.

Cheers,

PJ

Your right they have some good stuff. I put a couple of those on my watch list.

Cheers,

PJ

Damn! Some sweet stuff there... maybe it's about time I get me an eBay account...

I had no idea that Alyssa Milano had released so many albums? :blink::)

Ehhh, on second thought, if I started eBaying I'd probably blow out my credit cards buying tons of CDs, my wife would divorce me and I'd be livin in a cardboard box someplace. So never mind. :lol:

Ehhh, on second thought, if I started eBaying I'd probably blow out my credit cards buying tons of CDs, my wife would divorce me and I'd be livin in a cardboard box someplace. So never mind. :lol:

No shit, that's probably a good idea.

Fat Freddy.. but at least you'd have a lot of good CDs to listen to... and think about it... what would you rather listen to on a daily basis... CDs, or the wife? It's a no brainer for me... lol. I'll see you on my auctions, hehehehe. Kiddin'. ;)

Cheers!

PJ

No shit, that's probably a good idea.

Fat Freddy.. but at least you'd have a lot of good CDs to listen to... and think about it... what would you rather listen to on a daily basis... CDs, or the wife? It's a no brainer for me... lol. I'll see you on my auctions, hehehehe. Kiddin'. ;)

Cheers!

PJ

PJ, stop tempting me dammit! :) Seriously, if I didn't have such unimportant frills as a mortgage, clothing and food to pay for I'd be all over that auction! ;)

• 6 years later...
  • My Little Pony

Any changes over the years? I never know where the greatest deals are, so I'll take all the suggestions you have.

I usually buy from CD Baby. I got my shipment from my first StormSpell order (very reliable). I also just put an order in to Nightmare Records.

Sentinel Steel is good too, but you need to email them on what you want (Usually the ones I want are already taken :( ).

Capital City Records is good, but not much to offer (Product wise).

Grindcore/ Death freaks should check out TankCrimes..

I find a lot of deals with Amazon sellers. I see a CD on eBay then go over to Amazon find better deals a lot of the time.

Demon Doll Records is starting to sell a lot of imports at pretty good prices. I know some have issues with them, but I've never had a problem.