• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wotty

• Geoff

• heaven&hell

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I "outsmarted" myself this morning and made the wrong move. Spent a huge portion of yesterday looking for a good but cheap waterproof camera. Saw some good ones, but they were all up around the $300-$500 mark. Sent an email to my brother-in-law at the same time and he came through this morning with a link for one for au$150! Lesser brand technically, but not in the world of specific waterproof cameras. Plus it goes to a depth of 10 metres, like the best I saw yesterday. And he reckons he's taken his to 20 metres without a problem.

All looks awesome but instead of buying it then and there I had a little search around the net. Ended up buying it brand new off ebay for au$126 from the US. Not worried about the powerpoint converter as we have a couple at home, but when I went back to the first link I saw the price had literally just been discounted another au$10 and it was down at au$140. Plus au$6 postage it's au$20 more than what I paid, but it was from an Aussie company with a one year warranty. Which means I'd have got it quicker and had that warranty, and it would have been done within Australia which is nice and easy. But still, even the one from the US still has a one year manufacturer's warranty. Which is pretty much exactly the same isn't it?

Hopefully I won't need a warranty, but I hope my desperate search to save au$20 doesn't backfire. :(

And that's why it's called the uninteresting thread. Looking forward to hopefully taking some cool surf shots with this thing...

I saw a dude with a snapped surfboard on the beach this the morning and I thought, 'You poor bastard.' The I saw another dude take off on a wave a couple of metres away from me. He dropped in so late and I saw him on the shoulder there, falling head over ass, saw the position of his board and thought to myself his board was done. Sure enough he came up from the whitewater with a snapped board. Poor bastard. I left soon after. Got a few sweet waves early on but it was getting stupid at that point. So much for the 1-2ft swell that was forecast! :lol:

Work later, booky wooks and CD thru post, bit of a boring day.

Sounds quite interesting to me.... :crying:

It only got interesting when a huge hawk came down and carried off next doors garden gnome. I waved a rake at it to scare it off but its was having none of it.

Later it came back for a pastie that I left outside to cool so I shot at it with my trusty nerf gun but it came back at me with talons of steel and ripped the gun from my hand and turned it on me. The foam bullets bounced off every part of my body as I lay curled up and wimpering.

That's when the snails attacked!

It only got interesting when a huge hawk came down and carried off next doors garden gnome. I waved a rake at it to scare it off but its was having none of it.

Later it came back for a pastie that I left outside to cool so I shot at it with my trusty nerf gun but it came back at me with talons of steel and ripped the gun from my hand and turned it on me. The foam bullets bounced off every part of my body as I lay curled up and wimpering.

Never trust a pastie...Have a Pukka Pie instead...Problem solved !!!!!!

JEBUS....more like Puker Pies horrible! Hollands rule!

You have to bring an "Oooooop North" pie into it !!!! :whistle:

Yeah coz the ones down south are filled with eels :lol:

I prefer Buckinghamshire Hairy pie personally ;)

I prefer Buckinghamshire Hairy pie personally ;)

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: