What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

commercial hard rock that made bands like Poison awesome back in the day.

:wtf::tsk:;):lol:

Poison > Paul Rogers.

Yeah, I went there.

Let's hug.

Neondaze - s/t

Poison > Paul Rogers.

Yeah, I went there.

Let's hug.

Neondaze - s/t

Mate, the opening of this fuckin' thing ">" would be the equivalent of Paul Rodgers's arse dumping a massive load of crap over them.......There is nothing in this world that could be further apart when it comes to talent :lol:;)

Poison > Paul Rogers.

Yeah, I went there.

Let's hug.

Neondaze - s/t

Mate, the opening of this fuckin' thing ">" would be the equivalent of Paul Rodgers's arse dumping a massive load of crap over them.......There is nothing in this world that could be further apart when it comes to talent :lol:;)

Never mentioned anything about talent at all, mate. I'm more interested in the better song writers. :)

Hey, this Neondaze disc ain't bad at all.

Poison > Paul Rogers.

Yeah, I went there.

Let's hug.

Neondaze - s/t

Oh fuck...I'm in trouble again..... :unsure: ...I've used Poison and talent in the same sentence again :whistle::lol:

Poison > Paul Rogers.

Yeah, I went there.

Let's hug.

Neondaze - s/t

Oh fuck...I'm in trouble again..... :unsure: ...I've used Poison and talent in the same sentence again :whistle::lol:

I know, I know. They had so much song writing talent it cannot be defined in a single sentence. I understand your dilema, mate.

Poison > Paul Rogers.

Yeah, I went there.

Let's hug.

Neondaze - s/t

I know, I know. They had so much song writing talent it cannot be defined in a single sentence. I understand your dilema, mate.

:lol: Thanks for the understanding mate.

It's good, but to say that it is better than most in the last 18 years is overdoing it somewhat. I've Been listening to 'Commercial Hard Rock' ( in the many forms it takes) for most of my life , so it would be no surprise at all to be honest. I try most things out as you know. Although what this has to do with Poison is beyond me, absolutely nothing in common whatsover to my ears.

In 1990 Poison were amongst the best commercial hard rock bands in the world.

In 2008 Hinder is the best commercial hard rock band in the world.

Overdoing it or not, I'd not have a problem putting this new Hinder album into the best 10 or 20 albums I've heard released in the last 18 years. But to each their own. We both know we'd have very different lists as I'm sure there would be a Pride Of Lions in your top 20 and I'd put Kelly Clarkson before those guys (somewhere in the very high thousands). ;)

Wow - what a great comparison!! NOT :lol: MUSICALLY in common I meant, - This band don't sound anything like Poison songwise, write good songs, can play their instruments, have bollocks, don't look like a bunch of fag hags and obviously have a modicum of talent.

and Pride Of Lions (why do you have this completely wrong 'fixation' that I love this band???), they would be nowhere near any top 20 list of mine.

ESCAPE THE FATE - This War is Ours

AUGUST BURNS RED - Messengers

It's good, but to say that it is better than most in the last 18 years is overdoing it somewhat. I've Been listening to 'Commercial Hard Rock' ( in the many forms it takes) for most of my life , so it would be no surprise at all to be honest. I try most things out as you know. Although what this has to do with Poison is beyond me, absolutely nothing in common whatsover to my ears.

In 1990 Poison were amongst the best commercial hard rock bands in the world.

In 2008 Hinder is the best commercial hard rock band in the world.

Overdoing it or not, I'd not have a problem putting this new Hinder album into the best 10 or 20 albums I've heard released in the last 18 years. But to each their own. We both know we'd have very different lists as I'm sure there would be a Pride Of Lions in your top 20 and I'd put Kelly Clarkson before those guys (somewhere in the very high thousands). ;)

Wow - what a great comparison!! NOT :lol: MUSICALLY in common I meant, - This band don't sound anything like Poison songwise, write good songs, can play their instruments, have bollocks, don't look like a bunch of fag hags and obviously have a modicum of talent.

and Pride Of Lions (why do you have this completely wrong 'fixation' that I love this band???), they would be nowhere near any top 20 list of mine.

Poison and Hinder both wrote killer melodic commercial rock gems with hooks big enough to devour a killer python, and this kills me - how do Hinder write better songs than Poison? I love both bands to death, but how is writing about naughty drunken sex so superior to what Poison offered? I would call each band equally capable musically. Even if he was a drunk dreg, I have no doubt that when he was on fire CC is actually the better guitarist, and the other guys are about equal except for the fact that Bret Michael's voice is about 18,000,000 times superior to the guy in Hinder. Poison had plenty of bollocks on 'Flesh and Blood' and 'Native Tongue' and when they weren't wearing make-up (which was the majority of their career) they looked like every other hard rock band at the time. Talent-wise, each band is equal. Neither are geniuses - both rely on excellent song writing instead. Well, when comparing both bands at their prime, anyway. Obviously at this point in time Hinder absolutely destroys Poison, based on recent output.

7th Heaven - USA/UK

Still not convinced by this. The songs are OK, but where's the balls? More lightweight than Stanfour IMO.

Sadly, there is not even a trace of balls on that one. Still, good songs.

7th Heaven - USA/UK

Still not convinced by this. The songs are OK, but where's the balls? More lightweight than Stanfour IMO.

What just about saves it is that the newer songs are generally better than the re-records.

7th Heaven - USA/UK

What just about saves it is that the newer songs are generally better than the re-records.

Yeah, imo they generally all are. Not that I've really heard the re-records. :lol: Seriously, heard them once and have skipped them pretty much everytime afterwards. Love the songs, but I've heard them all so many times before.

Killer Aspect - 'How does it work' ; sounds kind of cool

but?

No but... as I said with Neonface, I will listen next week when I'm sober and concentrating, but this seriously sounds good at the moment.

Metallica - 'Death Magnetic' ; for one song, until it reminded me why I'm not a Metallica fan.

21 Guns - 'Demo-Lition'

Metallica - 'Death Magnetic' ; for one song, until it reminded me why I'm not a Metallica fan.

that's cos its old school my friend.

this album isnt about hooks and harmonies....its about riffing you into submission :banger:

Intense-As Our Army Grows :headbanger:

Nice pick! In an odd coincidence, I have their SECOND SIGHT disc with me today... what are the odds? :blink:

Anywhoo, thus far today:

The Cult - ELECTRIC

Non-Fiction - IT'S A WONDERFUL LIE