What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Hyts - s/t

Dirty Rig - ROCK DID IT

Safetysuit - 'Life left to go' ; this sounds very nice

Yeah, I listened at their Myspace page and was quite impressed - what's the full album like?

This one is great, mate. I keep using this word, but I guess only when I hear a good band which means there's a few going round, but it's collection of good, strong emotive tunes. If I had to pick a comparison I'd say Goo Goo Dolls, but don't let it decide it for you one way or another. This is just a great disc.

New spins:

Seventh Day Slumber - 'Finally awake'

A New Revolution - 'Rise'

Tupelo Honey - 'Machines and robots'

The New Shining - 'Supernatural showdown'

After spinning a heap of crap I am finally reaping the rewards of persistence as these are all fantastic.

Yeah, I listened at their Myspace page and was quite impressed - what's the full album like?

This one is great, mate. I keep using this word, but I guess only when I hear a good band which means there's a few going round, but it's collection of good, strong emotive tunes. If I had to pick a comparison I'd say Goo Goo Dolls, but don't let it decide it for you one way or another. This is just a great disc.

New spins:

After spinning a heap of crap I am finally reaping the rewards of persistence as these are all fantastic.

do you ever listen to anything apart from modern rock?

New spins:

Sorry mate, but I just fully disagree with what that question means. I only listen to hard rock. If people have to say these bands are so separate to HOL or Brother Firetribe, that's their loss. There's solos on all these albums; there's big riffs, big choruses... everything that makes me listen to the latest HOL or Brother Firetribe. I personally don't think I'm listening to something different. Every reason I love HOl and Brother Firetribe is the same reason I love these bands.

Break down these barriers, mate, and just enjoy music for what it is.

New spins:

Sorry mate, but I just fully disagree with what that question means. I only listen to hard rock. If people have to say these bands are so separate to HOL or Brother Firetribe, that's their loss. There's solos on all these albums; there's big riffs, big choruses... everything that makes me listen to the latest HOL or Brother Firetribe. I personally don't think I'm listening to something different. Every reason I love HOl and Brother Firetribe is the same reason I love these bands.

i can understand your point of view but you seem to never listen to your roots anymore... wheres D2 and Casanova and Jaded Heart and etc?

i can understand your point of view but you seem to never listen to your roots anymore... wheres D2 and Casanova and Jaded Heart and etc?

I spun Casanova's debut very loudly while cooking a feast at home not too long ago; I will spin the Jaded Heart catalogue in it's entirety in a couple of weeks when 'Sinister mind' arrives in the mail and just last night I listened to D2 on my Ipod as I went to sleep.

Sadly what I listen to has nothing to do with whether it's "modern" or not. There are just too many albums to listen to these days and I always get so caught up in the current year I don't have the time to listen to older CDs ("modern" or not) until there is a lull in the new releases.

But it was only a few months ago I went on a Newman kick, or KISS, or Michael Morales etc. I still do it - even when I just kick out to my Ipod which is 80% MHR, but at the moment I'm just going through a patch of new releases. I know where my home is and return at every opportunity. I just may not always post about it. :)

New spins:

I agree 100% - the fact is that so far this year quite a few modern releases like Story Of The Year, Simple Plan, Tupelo Honey, Pillar, Theory of A Deadman etc are better than most MHR efforts.....aside from Brother Firetribe, WOA and Khymera........and so definitely deserve the attention they are receiving - from me anyhow.

I am eagerly awaiting some upcoming releases though which will radically change this - namely Harem Scarem, Journey, Marcello/Vestry, Bob Catley.....these will put MHR firmly back on the map in 08.

:drink:

Nuclear Assault - THE PLAGUE and SURVIVE

Delores O'Riordan "Are You Listening"

Trouble - MANIC FRUSTRATION