What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Jon Oliva's Pain - MANIACAL RENDERINGS

Accept - RESTLESS & WILD ("Fast As A Shark" = :banger:)

Randy Piper's Animal - VIOLENT NEW BREED

The Cult - CEREMONY

IN FLAMES - Come Clarity

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Live in Stockholm

HAREM SCAREM - Human Nature

HammerFall - CHAPTER V

Funny Money - STICK IT!

Danzig - I LUCIFERI

Loudness - THE BIRTHDAY EVE and DEVIL SOLDIER

Norway - 'Rising Up from the Ashes' ; this one's pretty much booked a place on Dan's 'BazookaBarf List' for 2007, and I can see Tim (2) tearing it to shreds already. It's a shame, because IMO the songs are easily the best of their career. Songwise, they seem to be finally ready to play with the "big boys" but the production job is almost remeniscent of the debut... though nothing can be quite that bad. Some great songs though, especially the first few.

From Autumn to Ashes - 'Abandon your friends' ; heavier than the other one I have... a lot more screaming. :(

3 Wishes - 'Electric Bullride' ; same tracks as the other disc I have from them. :(

Alias - listened to a bunch of really, really polished versions of the songs for the 2nd disc (pretty much sounding as good as the debut, production-wise). 'Call me', 'Who do you think you are' and 'Perfect world' are just excellent. How the hell does Curci release Zion's version of 'Who do you think you are', knowing what Alias originally did with the song? It defies logic to me.

Porcupine Tree - Moonloop

In the car (the missus car again I might add......where's my clutch!!!!)

Adam Bomb - 2004 Tour CD

I've really got into Mr. Bomb over the last day or so and this CD has hardly left the player ... having had Fatal Attraction on vinyl for years (both the U.S. and Jap versions) I never bought anything else. I liked the album enough not to bin it but it never really clicked with me.

Anyway I'm off to see him in February at a small pub in Bury and so I thought I'd grab this compilation. What a surprise, the guy pretty much rocks now....some of his playing is great and I love his sloppy cool style and throw away style. It kind of reminds me of a cross between Aerosmith, Piper and T. Rex. Hard rock with slight sleaze overtones.

Defcon-s/t

I'm still listening to that From Autumn to Ashes shit... can you please sing 'How Close' to me?

I'd still like you to sing to me, Wes... but the last couple of songs were actually pretty good. Still, I wouldn't mind this album finishing so I can listen to something proper. Like Wes' rendition of 'How Close' by Defcon.

Okay, I'm going to blow a few ballsacks off here:

I'm listening to Damone 'Out here all night' and I'm very close to declaring this my favourite female fronted hard rock album of all time. I absolutely love this disc.

Heartland - 'Move on' ; pretty horrible, again, like every other release since the debut. I just heard 2 of the worst songs I care to recall - 10 (Rotate?) and track 11. Horrible. There were a couple of okay songs earlier on on this disc, track 12 is sounding great... but overall I find these guys so dull and boring. Wow, yeah... track 12 is excellent. 'Where do we go from here'? Good stuff - why can't they all be like this one?

Hit the Ground Runnin' - 'Control Yourself' ; this one was pretty good.

Next up:

Dreamtide - 'Dreams for the daring'