did you play sports in school

66 mustang

did you play sports in school  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I played Football(2nd string Middle Linebacker...wasn't

big enough at the time...) and was in Horse Shows on the

Weekends....all the while trying to work at a grocery store

at night,Play guitar,Party,chase girls,party,party...listen to metal,party

.....err did I say party!!!LOL!!! :banger:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can run like a li'l hurricane and was on the track team for a bit. Also on the volleyball team for one year. Still have a badass spike & serve to this day :)   I wanted to keep playing, but changes on the family front forced a different route.

I can run like a li'l hurricane and was on the track team for a bit. Also on the volleyball team for one year.  Still have a badass spike & serve to this day  :)  I wanted to keep playing, but changes on the family front forced a different route.

Sweeet......maybe we can get a Heavy Harmonies volleyball game goin' someday! Love to play!

So, you inferred that you still play. Is it indoors....or beach??

In school I played on the girls basketball team and made it to state finals 2 times.

Played on the girls volleyball team we made it to state 3 times.

Singles in tennis made it to state 1 time.

I also played 1 season on the boys football team as a 1st string left Defensive end, did not make it to state but had a great time. LOL

Outside of school I did some Barrel Racing and jumping, also did some competing in cross-country skiing.

In school I played on the girls basketball team and made it to state finals 2 times.

I also played 1 season on the boys football team as a 1st string left Defensive end, did not make it to state but had a great time. LOL

Outside of school I did some Barrel Racing and jumping, also did some competing in cross-country skiing.

Dayum!!

You started at left defensive end.... :omg: ..........I'm basically at a loss for words.... :lol:

***pictures pulling....and then getting ready to trap the D-End.....and.........it's..............Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*** :yikes:

Cool....Barrel racing is fun.... :agree:

I did some pole bending and Western Pleasure...also did 2 years of Dressage....

:banger:

:yikes: Scares me.....and I'm fearless.... :lol:

:yikes: Scares me.....and I'm fearless.... :lol:

I'd try out for Girls Football....I'd play QB of course...42-42 hut hut hike..oops sorry!!Or Free Safety..so I could tackle the Tight Ends!!!! :rofl2:

Cricket, Football, Athletics.

Cricket was my main game, did really well at school level, getting into the District team (pick of all the local schools), then was put forward for County level - Unfortunately this folded the same year due to Cuts in spending. Would loved to have gone further with it, but Knee injury put paid to the rest!!!!

Dayum!!

You started at left defensive end.... :omg: ..........I'm basically at a loss for words.... :lol:

***pictures pulling....and then getting ready to trap the D-End.....and.........it's..............Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*** :yikes:

The guys I played against were also at a loss, and usually scared and bloody after going up against me.

Not that I was that intimidating, when i was 16 I was 5 foot 8 and weighed between 100-108 lb..

Orginally the coach wanted me to play a WR, because of speed and agility, but it became very apparent that I could not catch the ball. He moved me to defensive end when he found out I could take a hit and not be put on my butt, give a hit and put someone on their butt, and could latch on to a player with the ball like a pit bull. It also helped that I had and still have very long and strong nails, I always left tracks and a lot of times pulled blood on anyone I faced. I actually led the team in sacks. LOL There was also another secret weapon when I was 16, I already passed the DDD and was a 32 FFF, and guys always lost their concentration around me. LOL

Sweeet......maybe we can get a Heavy Harmonies volleyball game goin' someday! Love to play!

Let's go!! I'll host the post-game BBQ :lol:

So, you inferred that you still play. Is it indoors....or beach??

Yes, I still play.... and it's beach - or nuthin! B)

wow! girls rule!! woohoo1.gif

I've only done the flag football thing. But for some reason, the boys always thought we were playing touch football :rolleyes:

Track and Wrestling for me with one year of basketball(10th grade). I went to high school from 70-74. Our track was black cinders. No all weather tracks in our league back then. Our High School was one of the very few to have a wrestling program back then. Like Geoff I also wanted to play football in high school but the fall season was my favorite time to be chasing the girls, especially at the football games.Played 2 years of American Legion baseball and of course baseball in grade school. Didn't play baseball in High School because of track at the same time. We couldn't do both. So I played on the American Legion team in the summer. Nice to see all the different sports that everyone has been involved in. :)

Not that I was that intimidating, when i was 16 I was 5 foot 8 and weighed between 100-108 lb..

There was also another secret weapon when I was 16, I already passed the DDD and was a 32 FFF, and guys always lost their concentration around me. LOL

:yikes: Hold up.......hold up........hold up. Is this a football term??? Or are we talkin' what I THINK we're talking??????

5 foot 8 inches tall........100 pounds..........32 FFF......??? Get the f*ck out......... :lol:

Oh Donna......I'm sorry.....that HAD to hurt.... :( I'm only a 36 D.....and I have back problems..... :lol:

Now.......if this is a football term..........ooooooooooops. :gone::lol:

There was also another secret weapon when I was 16, I already passed the DDD and was a 32 FFF, and guys always lost their concentration around me. LOL

:yikes: Hold up.......hold up........hold up. Is this a football term??? Or are we talkin' what I THINK we're talking??????

5 foot 8 inches tall........100 pounds..........32 FFF......??? Get the f*ck out......... :lol:

Oh Donna......I'm sorry.....that HAD to hurt.... :( I'm only a 36 D.....and I have back problems..... :lol:

What you think, and yeah I was told when I was 18 that I should have a reduction, that my back would have problems. Needless to say it does have problems and as much as guys like them they are way to large, and heavy. Right now I am at 34 JJJ and would love to go down to DD, but the operation makes me cringe.

• 2 weeks later...

What you think, and yeah I was told when I was 18 that I should have a reduction, that my back would have problems. Needless to say it does have problems and as much as guys like them they are way to large, and heavy. Right now I am at 34 JJJ and would love to go down to DD, but the operation makes me cringe.

:yikes: How on GOD'S green Earth did I miss this???!!!!! That's what I get for goin' on a small vaca...!! :lol:

:bowdown:

:yikes: How on GOD'S green Earth did I miss this???!!!!! That's what I get for goin' on a small vaca...!! :lol:

:bowdown:

It looks like I missed out on this one to :(

Back on topic for a moment.

I played sports all the way through school.

• 2 years later...

Wow...I voted in the poll but apparently missed out on the conversation!

I ran track and cross country. My senior year I started dating a girl that lived about 6 blocks from school so instead of running the assigned route I would run to her house for a different workout. I never did tell the coach I quit, I just stopped going to practice.

Played football (proper football not soccer), Cross Country and middle distance track running, Triple Jump, Table Tennis.

These were all between the ages of 9 - 15 years old :tumbsup:

Played hockey for 5 years from 12 to 17. Baseball until I buggered up my shoulder at age 22. High school football as a running back/wide receiver; my last year, we had a quarterback, who couldn't throw a spiral - he lobbed these end-over-end lame ducks that were just plain pathetic. Seeing as I was strictly a receiver at that point, all I did on every play (which had to be running plays) was accidentally smash up my hands on opposing defensive backs helmets while blocking. Played soccer up until age 15 when I had to choose between that and baseball.

32 FFF? Oh, to have been a guard or a tackle.

Football, rugby, tennis, squash, x-country running, swimming, handball, basketball, field athletics (track, high jump, long jump, shotput), ...

I voted No .... but maybe I should've put yes as I did sport I was just rubbish/had no interest at the main ones we played.

I was rubbish at footy and pretty naff at cricket, Gymnastics was pretty dire, Basketball haha..forget it - I hated cross country but was so fed up one day I just kept running and running and came 2nd ... the PE teacher was stunned as I was usually at the back walking along with a couple of mates...ocassionally breaking out into a jog. I was ok at high jump and long jump though.

But I was great at badminton (and I don't mean playing it gently...really wacking it) and we had a cool PE teacher who let me take my skateboard in and I used to be great on that. In fact I was back-up for the main team if anyone couldn't make it for a local sports shop way back in 77/78.

Now I still have one of my boards but I'm so out of practise I ride it like my dad used to...all wobbly.... I could'nt believe it I used to practically live on it.

A good swimmer too but as the school didn't have a pool I guess that doesn't count.

I think I probably did more sport AFTER I left school, 5 a side football, skateboarding and swimming again and mountain/cross country biking which I still do plenty of...except I've had hardly any chance over the last month or so as first a heavy cold, then a pulled muscle in my shoulder coupled with ultra lousy weather has kept me off the bike. But next week with any luck I'll get a few miles in.

Wrestled in high school. Went on to wrestle freestyle in college and played rugby for 3 years there as well. I drink beer after high school if that counts as a sport. If you knew my friends, you'd think it was.