Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Kept it light last night and re-watched Hall Pass with the misses and Goosebumps with the kids. Both fun to watch.

I absolutely LOVE Hall Pass!!!! Lots of people don't see it as more than an average buddy comedy flick, but the chemistry between Owen Wilson and Jason S. and the supporting cast like Stephen Merchant, Richard Jenkins, Derek Waters and Rob Moran delivering one memorable quote after the next is what sets this movie apart form others I think, definitely a classic in my book!

Plus Nicky Whelan is a real babe, absolutely stunning!

Hall Pass was on tv, however they cut out a lot of parts. So many funny parts in that movie, the part in a hot tub with black and Irish dudes is hilarious.

And yeah Nicky Whelan is nice eye candy

"Scream" (1996)

A suburban high school full of hip, wise cracking, self aware teens is plagued by a series of horror-movie-inspired murders in the hit that re-vitalized Wes Craven's career and kick-started a new slasher-film craze. For a while it was trendy for "real" horror fans to hate on "Scream" because of all the late '90s PG-13 teenybopper horror awfulness it inspired, but I had to admit that it's actually aged pretty well.

"XX" (2017)

Disappointing horror anthology film consisting of four short stories, all written and directed by women (the title refers to females having two "X" chromosomes). All four are well acted and nice looking, but only one out of the four really goes anywhere and even that one falls apart well before it ends. Truthfully the best parts of this flick are the quick, creepy little stop motion animations that separate each segment - they have a cool, scuzzy look (lots of old doll parts and things scuttling around in the dark) like those early Tool music videos. Otherwise, this flick is poop. Avoid!

"Leprechaun in the Hood" (2000)

Three doofus rappers hope to finance their demo tape by ripping off a local hip-hop mogul (Ice-T). What they don't know is that the secret to the music exec's hip hop success is a golden flute stolen from the dreaded Leprechaun. When these wanna-be's accidentally unleash "the Lep" (yes, that's what he calls himself) during their failed heist, it gets REAL, knum' sayin'?

(I can't believe I just typed that...)

...so yeah, this fifth "Leprechaun" installment was awful, of course, but in a totally awesome, hilarious kind of way. I have to give Ice-T particular credit, 'cuz even though the movie is totally ridiculous, he still manages to come off like a bad-ass. Respect!

Baywatch (2017) - a few laughs but overall pretty weak flick

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 (2017) - not as good as the first IMO but loved it anyway...looking forward to Vol 3...

Watched the new "Guardians' movie Saturday. Have to agree with you Not quite as good as the first, but loved it anyway. ;)

'The Hitman's Bodyguard' ... gotta agree with KarpetRyd, this one was brilliant!

Saw the trailer for the 'Flatliners' re-make/re-boot ... it looks as though they've taken everything that made the orignal film so good, and just thrown it all away ...

Looking forward to Hitman's Bodyguard.

Also saw the trailer to Flatliners and I'd kind of forgotten about the original Kieffer Sutherland movie.

I'd saw that like Total Recall, and The Magnificent Seven etc, you really have to consider it a different movie to enjoy it.

My wife couldn't do that with Total Recall, and she refused to watch it. I thought the new one was pretty good.

"Dragnet" (1987)

Dan Aykroyd plays the straight-laced nephew of the original Joe Friday and Tom Hanks is his cocky, freewheeling new partner in an affectionate action/comedy riff on the classic '50s and '60s cop show. Funny stuff with lots of quotable bits, also notable as one of Hanks' final second-banana roles before becoming a leading man in his own right.

Fun fact: the closing credit tune "City of Crime" is performed by Aykroyd, Hanks and Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple/Black Sabbath)!

Inside Llewyn Davis interesting Coen brothers tale of the winter of 60-61 and the resurgence of folk artists and one mans struggles just before the Bob Dylan changed the scene. Engaging tale and finely acted even if folk tunes aren't your bag it is certainly a good story with a lot of history blended into the fiction.

The Great Wall fine action movie with NO relevance to the great wall, movie could have been called anything and was total fiction. Tons of cgi and way over the top action but the 90 minutes will skip right on by.

"His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th" (2009)

Special FX wizard Tom Savini hosts this entertaining documentary that explores the long history and fanatical following of the "Friday the 13th" film series, featuring interviews and commentary from cast members, directors, producers, and pretty much everybody that's ever had anything to do with an "F13" movie. Cool stuff loaded with trivia for horror nerds.

Get Out - nice thriller... written and directed by Jordan Peele of all people

This one was a surprise and nicely done.

About 2/3rds of the way through Eli Roth's The Green Inferno - Liking it so far.

Also introduced the sprites to The Monster Squad. I love this one and have since 87, the kids enjoyed it as well and my daughter said "this is like the Burbs meets the Goonies".

"Halloween: The Inside Story" (2010)

Cool made-for-TV documentary about the making of John Carpenter's classic slasher film, featuring lots of behind-the-scenes photos, film clips and interviews with the cast and crew that made it happen. Surprisingly in-depth and thorough considering its basic-cable origins.

"Puppet Master" (1989)

A group of psychics meet at an old hotel to mark the passing of one of their colleagues, where they learn that their deceased friend had been messing with the forces of life and death -- by studying the notes of an old French alchemist who once commanded an army of living puppets.

Aside from the charming and cool stop-motion FX, this cult classic from Charles Band's infamous Full Moon Pictures is cheap looking and suffers from a seriously weak script...but enough people rented this one to warrant nearly a dozen sequels over the next 20+ years so most of'em must have liked it a lot more than I did.

"Cliffhanger" (1993)

Sly Stallone is the leader of a mountain search & rescue team that battles with a gang of plane-crashed bank robbers way at the top of the Rockies. Nothing here ranks very high on the believability scale but it's got a great cast (incl. John Lithgow as a truly slimy villain), impressive stunt work, and awesome scenery. Fun stuff.

Finished up The Green Inferno and it was a very solid movie. Disturbing but good. Worth a watch if you like a good gross out movie with a surreal vibe.

yes, or if you want to see Lorenza Izzo :)

:)

And who wouldn't?

Demolition - another Jake Gyllenhaal film, must be something in the stars, but this one wasn't bad. Jake does fine. Naomi Watts sure looks old? Jake is a thirty something who's wife dies in an auto accident and Jake discovers a lot about himself. Not as Lifetimey as you'd think.

"Jonah Hex" (2010)

Josh Brolin stars as DC Comics' scar-faced Old West gunslinger, bounty hunter, and all around tough guy, who has to stop a crazed former Confederate general turned terrorist (John Malkovich) from attacking Washington D.C. with a super weapon on the day of America's Centennial.

This entertainingly dumb shoot'em-up/blow'em up was subject to constant behind-the-scenes drama and interference during filming so what wound up on screen is a bit of a disjointed mess. It's not as bad as you've probably heard, but it's nowhere near as bad-ass as it could've, and should've been.

"Scream: The Inside Story" (2011)

Another Biography Channel horror-film documentary, this time telling the story of the 1996 hit which re-ignited Wes Craven's career and gave the horror genre a much needed jump start. As usual, there are lots of interviews and stories told by cast and crew members. Entertaining stuff if you're a fan of the series.

Passengers

Chris Pratt, that Hunger Games girl, on a ship to the new world, when Pratts sleep pod thingy malfunctions and he is awaken well before the 120 year journey is over. Bad and good choices ensue and there you go. Harmless fluff but worthy of a watch or two.

Into the Wild - quite slow paced but absorbing story of a graduate who gives all his money away to charity and tries his luck living alone in the wilds of Alaska

Plus 'Rio' a behind the scenes look at the making of Duran Duran's epic album. Always loved the intro to the Rio track. Turns out it was Nick Rhodes messing about dropping sticks onto the strings of a grand piano and he thought it made an interesting sound & started experimenting with it and recorded it, then played it backwards which became the intro ?

Love & Mercy

The John Cusack, Paul Dano acted Brian Wilson documentary. The story was engaging enough but whoever mixed this DVD for dialogue audio versus worthless SHOULD NEVER WORK AGAIN! I mean there was literally a 20 tick on my remotes volume between the dialogue and then a rapid turn down whenever this dork threw in a useless sound bite.