Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Saw 2 over the weekend...

"Moving Violations" (1985) -a goofy screwball '80s comedy, one of the lesser offerings from the same guys who made "Police Academy" and "Bachelor Party." A bunch of terrible drivers (including Fred Willard, Jennifer Tilly, the late Wendie Jo Sperber, and John Murray -- youngest brother of Bill Murray -- in his lone leading role) are sentenced to night-time traffic school in order to get their driver's licenses back. The traffic school is run by a tightass, vengeful psycho cop with his own hidden agenda, and needless to say loads of wacky hi-jinks ensue. Not a great movie by any means, but I must've watched this movie on HBO about a million times when I was in junior high and it still makes me smirk now. It's a movie for the juvenile 14 year old in me.

"The Marine" - this was running on the FX Channel every couple of hours (or so it seemed anyway) over the holiday weekend, doubtlessly to pimp the release of the direct-to-DVD sequel that comes out this week. For those who haven't seen it, WWE wrestler John Cena plays a Marine (duh) who has to save his wife from a bunch of diamond thieves who take her hostage. Yea, that's the whole plot. But GODDAMN this movie is cool. When it comes to empty headed, script-written-on-a-cocktail-napkin, balls-to-the-wall shoot'em up - blow'em up fun, this movie is hard to beat. As Guy Movies go, this is right up there with Patrick Swayze's immortal "Road House" IMO.

Saw 2 over the weekend...

"Moving Violations" (1985) -a goofy screwball '80s comedy, one of the lesser offerings from the same guys who made "Police Academy" and "Bachelor Party." A bunch of terrible drivers (including Fred Willard, Jennifer Tilly, the late Wendie Jo Sperber, and John Murray -- youngest brother of Bill Murray -- in his lone leading role) are sentenced to night-time traffic school in order to get their driver's licenses back. The traffic school is run by a tightass, vengeful psycho cop with his own hidden agenda, and needless to say loads of wacky hi-jinks ensue. Not a great movie by any means, but I must've watched this movie on HBO about a million times when I was in junior high and it still makes me smirk now. It's a movie for the juvenile 14 year old in me.

"The Marine" - this was running on the FX Channel every couple of hours (or so it seemed anyway) over the holiday weekend, doubtlessly to pimp the release of the direct-to-DVD sequel that comes out this week. For those who haven't seen it, WWE wrestler John Cena plays a Marine (duh) who has to save his wife from a bunch of diamond thieves who take her hostage. Yea, that's the whole plot. But GODDAMN this movie is cool. When it comes to empty headed, script-written-on-a-cocktail-napkin, balls-to-the-wall shoot'em up - blow'em up fun, this movie is hard to beat. As Guy Movies go, this is right up there with Patrick Swayze's immortal "Road House" IMO.

Yea the Marine IS pretty bad ass isn't it?? I gotta admit John Cena CAN act!! I also have His next movie 12 rounds, but haven't sat and watched it yet, I plan to soon.... I am curious about The Marine 2 with Ted DiBiase Jr....... May have to buy that if I see it for ten bucks or something..... :tumbsup:

Yea the Marine IS pretty bad ass isn't it?? I gotta admit John Cena CAN act!! I also have His next movie 12 rounds, but haven't sat and watched it yet, I plan to soon.... I am curious about The Marine 2 with Ted DiBiase Jr....... May have to buy that if I see it for ten bucks or something..... :tumbsup:

As I said, "The Marine" is totally ridiculous, borderline retarded, and completely ludicrous... in the best possible way.

There is no reason to bother with "The Marine 2" for the same reason there's no reason to bother with "Road House 2." Neither can be topped.

Dug up this baby from the VHS archive tonight. Anyone remember it?

201180.1020.A.jpg

Michael Bay should've watched this flick before he started working on his overhyped, overly long, overblown piece of shit Transformer movies. ROBOT JOX is a better movie than either of 'em and its entire budget was probably less than "Transformers" paid for Megan Fox's hairdresser. :lol:

:bowdown: to the most bad ass giant robot movie ever!!!

As I said, "The Marine" is totally ridiculous, borderline retarded, and completely ludicrous... in the best possible way.

There is no reason to bother with "The Marine 2" for the same reason there's no reason to bother with "Road House 2." Neither can be topped.

They made a Road House 2???? :blink:

For the Love of God.. WHY????? :yikes:

By the way I LIKED both Transformers movies..... :whistle:

About to watch the second Transformers movie,seen the first but not this one.

Dug up this baby from the VHS archive tonight. Anyone remember it?

201180.1020.A.jpg

Michael Bay should've watched this flick before he started working on his overhyped, overly long, overblown piece of shit Transformer movies. ROBOT JOX is a better movie than either of 'em and its entire budget was probably less than "Transformers" paid for Megan Fox's hairdresser. :lol:

:bowdown: to the most bad ass giant robot movie ever!!!

sad to say but I think I remember watching that.

Yea, but you like EVERYTHING so that's not sayin much... I mean, you own the complete works of Chris Farley and David Spade on DVD for Christ's sake :lol:

But seriously folks... on a purely technical level, "Transformers" is an OK piece of work. As a film going experience, it's poo. It's like standing behind someone in an arcade, watching them play a video game. All I remember of either movie is Megan Fox and a splitting headache after it was over.

And yes, God help us some genius thought it would be a good idea to make a "Road House 2" (with no Swayze)... direct to video of course, as if you couldn't have guessed.