Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Just finished watching "Cloverfield." Pretty cool monster movie, as long as you don't mind the shaky, bobbing all over the place "hand held video camera" effect.

'Donnie Darko' ; We had a long weekend so I treated myself on Sunday night/morning by watching this in the wee hours. This just defeats all other movies (except 'Rock Star'). Love it so much. Brilliance.

'The Hillz' - HA! HAHA! HAHAHA!!! Worst movie I have ever seen. I bought it as a joke for my girl for her birthday. Seems the joke was on me as we "watched" it. This was hell on DVD. FYI, Paris Hilton is the "star" of this "movie".

'Donnie Darko' ; We had a long weekend so I treated myself on Sunday night/morning by watching this in the wee hours. This just defeats all other movies (except 'Rock Star'). Love it so much. Brilliance.

That movie is weird and awesome at the same time. I hired it about a year or 2 back. I watched it once, but then I wanted to watch it again with the commentary on so I knew wtf was going on half the time.

That movie is weird and awesome at the same time. I hired it about a year or 2 back. I watched it once, but then I wanted to watch it again with the commentary on so I knew wtf was going on half the time.

And even then it's hard to understand... which is part of it's brilliance. I know what I think happens but I still have questions as to how it could have happened if what happens happened. I love it.

And even then it's hard to understand... which is part of it's brilliance. I know what I think happens but I still have questions as to how it could have happened if what happens happened. I love it.

I've been waiting to see that one in the bargain bin so I pick it up and watch it 34 times such that I can understand everything that's going on.

I've been waiting to see that one in the bargain bin so I pick it up and watch it 34 times such that I can understand everything that's going on.

I bought mine from the US (admittedly at a great cheap price) because I couldn't find it anywhere for a cheap price. Then it was in every HMV for $9.95 the day after I bought it. :(

Just finished watching "Cloverfield." Pretty cool monster movie, as long as you don't mind the shaky, bobbing all over the place "hand held video camera" effect.

I was really hoping that Blair Witch was the last of this kind of crappy film making....

I was really hoping that Blair Witch was the last of this kind of crappy film making....

I abso-f**kin-lutely HATED "Blair Witch" so when my wife brought "Cloverfield" home from Blockbuster I was kinda like "Oh sh*t, here we go again..." but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Y'know how in Godzilla movies, there's always at least one shot of terrified people running thru the streets away from the monster, pointing up at it? "Cloverfield" is basically a Godzilla story told from the viewpoint of a couple of those people. Neat twist.

I abso-f**kin-lutely HATED "Blair Witch" so when my wife brought "Cloverfield" home from Blockbuster I was kinda like "Oh sh*t, here we go again..." but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Y'know how in Godzilla movies, there's always at least one shot of terrified people running thru the streets away from the monster, pointing up at it? "Cloverfield" is basically a Godzilla story told from the viewpoint of a couple of those people. Neat twist.

I too just watched Cloverfield last night and I thought it was a great movie! I also dug Blair Witch so shoot me. :)

Couple of things with Cloverfield that irked me though and for those who have not seen it SPOILER ALERT, but 1 too damn short and 2 even though I dug the ending, I despise the we made it even though it is impossible to do Hollywood ending, however, whats next? Cloverfield 2? Or is this one of those use your imagination things and write your own extended ending?

I too just watched Cloverfield last night and I thought it was a great movie! I also dug Blair Witch so shoot me. :)

Couple of things with Cloverfield that irked me though and for those who have not seen it SPOILER ALERT, but 1 too damn short and 2 even though I dug the ending, I despise the we made it even though it is impossible to do Hollywood ending, however, whats next? Cloverfield 2? Or is this one of those use your imagination things and write your own extended ending?

Which ending did you see? The one I saw last night wasn't very happy. :unsure:

What I wanna know is what the title means. What or where the hell is "Cloverfield?"

I guess since the flick was produced by JJ Abrams, the "Lost" guy, there's probably some sort of geeky super secret message behind it... :unsure:

Which ending did you see? The one I saw last night wasn't very happy. :unsure:

What I wanna know is what the title means. What or where the hell is "Cloverfield?"

I guess since the flick was produced by JJ Abrams, the "Lost" guy, there's probably some sort of geeky super secret message behind it... :unsure:

The ending was not so good for the young couple and the 2 alternate endings were similar, which I liked, again changing up a story to appease some test audience of i dots from bfe reaaly bugs me. Take Cujo for example, now everyone has seen the fluffy little ending where the mom and boy are saved and all is well, but read the book and the wee one does not fare so well...

Maybe I will have to check in with the IMDB to see about such things as what Cloverfield means and if there will be a part 2...

The ending was not so good for the young couple and the 2 alternate endings were similar, which I liked, again changing up a story to appease some test audience of i dots from bfe reaaly bugs me. Take Cujo for example, now everyone has seen the fluffy little ending where the mom and boy are saved and all is well, but read the book and the wee one does not fare so well...

Maybe I will have to check in with the IMDB to see about such things as what Cloverfield means and if there will be a part 2...

Ahh, see, I didn't see any of the alternate endings. Just the "not so good for the young couple" one.

Ahh, see, I didn't see any of the alternate endings. Just the "not so good for the young couple" one.

You really didn't miss much, they were the same just the Coney Island footage after was a bit different...

CLOVERFIELD

Sorry but this is crap. A big sea-monster attacks New York, are you kidding me? The trailer for this is great, as it makes the move look mysterious but as soon as you see the stupid/ridiculous monster it just loses all that mystery & becomes another cartoon-type flick. It's all nicely edited & I like the ending, but this is neither scary nor mysterious & is caught between a few different ideas. The Blair Witch Project is a classic IMO, largely because you never saw the monster/ghost, but here you do - & it looks rubbish.

Terry, looks like Tim(2) didn't like Cloverfield as much as we did. :(

I see that... Maybe Tim2 saw a different movie. :) I don't remember seeing any sea monsters, just a mess of Starship Trooper styled bugs. ? .

Now that I think about it though, maybe the 3rd thing I would change about the movie is the rating, an R would have added some necessary blood and guts that the PG-13 could not handle.

Again I am still a big fan of the no hope ending though.

I see that... Maybe Tim2 saw a different movie. :) I don't remember seeing any sea monsters, just a mess of Starship Trooper styled bugs. ? .

(Shudder) Me no likee the bugs. They looked like the mutant crickets I get in my basement every summer. Maybe they're the advance scouts for the giant monster invasion?? :yikes:

Well what was that big creature that rose up over the Brooklyn Bridge then? The one that picked-up & ate the guy with the camera? I know there were those stupid bugs in the Subway tunnels, but there was also the main creature. But honestly, both looked rubbish. I mean, if one day the planet gets attacked by mutant fish/dinosaurs then I'll hold my hands-up & admit I was wrong....

Starship Troopers was funny, & didn't take itself very seriously. This wasn't funny, or very good IMO.