Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Believe it, or not, I had never seen this before.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016)

Still one of my favourites. It's got so much heart.

"Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary" (2017)

Cool behind-the-scenes doc about the making of the '89 flick based on Stephen King's novel. Lots of interesting stories are told by cast & crew members and fans, tho King himself is noticeably absent. I've seen the movie lots of times over the years and thought I knew everything about it, but I came away with a few new tidbits of trivia.

"Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter" (1984)

In the fourth, though obviously far from "final," F13 flick, Jason escapes from the morgue and heads back to Crystal Lake, where he proceeds to start carving up yet another cabin full of horny/stupid teenyboppers. However, The Big Jay may have met his match in the form of Tommy Jarvis (Corey Feldman!) - a local pre-teen who's handy with monster makeup and also possesses mad skills with a machete. In other words... more of the usual enjoyably gory nonsense.

The Girl On The Train. Since its a murder mystery it was going in all directions. Lots of flashbacks. Maybe I just wasnt interested enough, even though I like Emily Blunt. It just seemed, hard to follow at times. :0

Assassins Creed. I dont do games, but both my sons have for over 20 years. So I did know what to expect. It was ok. But I like Michael Fassbender, so I watched it.

I doubt I watch either one of them again. :(

• My Little Pony

The Girl On The Train. Since its a murder mystery it was going in all directions. Lots of flashbacks. Maybe I just wasnt interested enough, even though I like Emily Blunt. It just seemed, hard to follow at times. :0

It's not you. It was just a poor film.

It's not you. It was just a poor film.

Remember to finish watching Wild Tales

I'm about halfway through Annie Hall, anybody seen that one?

Dunkirk.

Bloody fantastic (albeit with one scene made of pure cheese.) I actually liked how the various timelines were interwoven - I thought that worked really well. It would have been interesting if some of the film had shown HOW the BEF were driven back to Dunkirk, and very little mention was made of the French contribution (and how the French army was evacuated), but, then, we would have been looking at a three-hour film.

Plus - where did Tom Hardy manage to find so much ammunition for his 'plane?

I saw some of the original Dunkirk the other night.
Made in the late 50's from memory.

Was a completely different story about a group of men who's leader dies and they don't know where everyone was retreating to.

From what I saw I'd enjoy it far more than this recent movie...

I saw some of the original Dunkirk the other night.

Made in the late 50's from memory.

Was a completely different story about a group of men who's leader dies and they don't know where everyone was retreating to.

From what I saw I'd enjoy it far more than this recent movie...

That's the one with John Mills and Richard Attenborough? Yeah, that's a pretty good film, too ... gives a slightly different slant to how the flotilla of 'little ships' was put together ...

Didn't see it all.

Was on late when I was using the TV to drift to sleep.

It worked lol

I'll try to catch it.

Saw Dial M for Murder the other night for the first time.
Was pretty good.

"It Follows" (2015)

After a one-night stand, a teenage girl is pursued relentlessly by a mysterious, murderous spirit. Is there such a thing as an "STG" (sexually transmitted ghost)?

I remember this movie got a lot of rave reviews when it came out but I thought it was meh. The concept is interesting but aside from a couple of creepy bits it mostly goes around in circles.

"Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children (2016)

Following a series of clues left behind by his late grandfather, a teen travels to Wales, discovers a secret school on a hidden island for kids with strange abilities, and helps them battle some monstrous villains.

An elaborate fantasy flick (based on a young-adult novel series) thats kinda like a steampunk mash up of Harry Potter and X-Men. I enjoyed it but my son, whod just finished the book for his summer reading program, nit-picked endlessly about all the stuff the movie did differently, so your mileage may vary.

Family Double Feature Night:

"Garfield: The Movie" (2004)

The comic strip cat makes his live action film debut (in weirdly CGI-animated form), voiced by Bill Murray, no less, in this disappointing kid flick. When Garfield's canine pal Odie is kidnapped, the big G must brave the big city to rescue him from life as a circus dog. By the midway point I was thanking God that Jennifer Love Hewitt was in this movie, because her short skirts were the only thing making it watchable.

And speaking of unwatchable.. we followed that up with:

"Independence Day: Resurgence" (2016)

Years-too-late sequel to the 1996 hit brings back some old faces (Jeff Goldblum, Brent Spiner, Bill Pullman) and introduces a bunch of new ones when those nasty ol' aliens return in an even bigger and badder mothership to try and wipe out what's left of the human race. The fancy special FX are nice to look at for a while but it all gets old pretty quick. Let's be honest, the original "ID4" was no great shakes either but compared to "Resurgence" it was practically the Royal Shakespeare Company. Will Smith was smart to sit this one out...

The Mummy (2017) - I enjoy action flicks with well done cgi and this one delivers....assuming you don't mind Tom Cruise

Armed Response (2017) - nothing new but still watchable action flick with Wesley Snipes

Gonna see them both.

I'ma Tom fan, and Wesley Snipes is good most of the time. passenger 57 :)

"The Second Best Secret Agent In The Whole Wide World" (aka "Licensed To Kill," 1965)

First in a series of three cheaply made James Bond knockoffs starring Tom Adams as suave British agent Charles Vine, who protects a scientist and his plans for an anti-gravity device from a variety of enemy agents, double crossers and femme fatales. I've seen better Eurospy flicks but I've seen lots worse too.

Family Double Feature Night:
"Garfield: The Movie" (2004)
The comic strip cat makes his live action film debut (in weirdly CGI-animated form), voiced by Bill Murray, no less, in this disappointing kid flick. When Garfield's canine pal Odie is kidnapped, the big G must brave the big city to rescue him from life as a circus dog. By the midway point I was thanking God that Jennifer Love Hewitt was in this movie, because her short skirts were the only thing making it watchable.

This is soooo true.

"Chopping Mall" (aka "Killbots," 1986)

A gang of teenage mall employees want to have an overnight drunk-n-horny party after the stores close, but their bash is rudely interrupted by the mall's three hi-tech security robots, who turn homicidal after lightning shorts out their central computer.

It doesn't get much more "'80s" than that premise, folks! Jim Wynorski's sci-fi/horror/T&A cult classic is a dumb, fun time capsule that will bring back memories of leg warmers, VHS cassettes and "USA's Up All Night."

Took the kids to see Emoji movie,wasnt as bad as I thought it would be and after Capt Underpants I was prepared,kids enjoyed it and it was part of my 9 year olds birthday party so a good day all round :)

"The Visit" (2015)

Two teens spend a week at the home of their estranged grandparents, and slowly begin to realize that there's something odd about the old folks...

M. Night Shyamalan's "comeback" film starts off on the slow side (and the younger brother is one of the most irritating movie kids I've seen in ages), but once the trademark M. Night "twist" kicks in, everything suddenly snaps into place and it turns into a pretty decent thriller. Better than I expected.

"The Conjuring" (2013)

Creepy-cool haunted house flick based on a case file from Ed & Lorraine Warren, the real life paranormal experts best known for their investigation of "The Amityville Horror."

"Never Too Young To Die" (1986)

Good Lord! How have I NEVER seen this trash classic before today?? I should've been all over this movie ages ago on the strength of the casting alone. This ultra-bizarre movie mashes up James Bond spy hijinks, adds some "Rocky Horror" drag show elements and "Road Warrior" ultra-violence and the result may be the most "Eighties" movie EVER!

A secret agent (one-shot 007 George Lazenby) is killed in action, so "the company" drafts his estranged high-school gymnast son (John Stamos) to help Dad's former partner (Prince protege' Vanity) stop a hermaphrodite terrorist (Gene Simmons!) who wants to poison California's water supply with radioactive waste...for some reason. Lots of butts get kicked, stuff blows up frequently, Simmons overacts painfully, and Vanity takes her clothes off, all set to an oh-so-80s synth-heavy soundtrack

Anyone who sez "Howard The Duck" was the worst movie of 1986 has obviously never seen "Never Too Young To Die!"