Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Arachnoquake" (2012)

An earthquake caused by natural gas "fracking" unleashes a horde of giant subterranean fire breathing spiders (yes, really) that descend on New Orleans. Obviously it's a SyFy channel movie. This cheesily charming horror/comedy from the director of the far superior "Ghost Shark" keeps its tongue planted firmly in its cheek for the entire run time.

• My Little Pony

"Arachnoquake" (2012)

An earthquake caused by natural gas "fracking" unleashes a horde of giant subterranean fire breathing spiders (yes, really) that descend on New Orleans. Obviously it's a SyFy channel movie. This cheesily charming horror/comedy from the director of the far superior "Ghost Shark" keeps its tongue planted firmly in its cheek for the entire run time.

Oh, boy! I need to watch this.

Oh, boy! I need to watch this.

It was a hoot. :rofl2:

Aside from the chance to see Tracey "Growing Pains" Gold return to acting for the first time in dog years, the main reason to watch this flick would be this lovely creature. Meet Olivia Hardt:

Arachnoquake_09_DzSH7cbPsRZspUzVKNGT.JPG

...and yes, she wears those Daisy Duke shorts for the whole movie.

"Triple Dog" (2010)

A gang of slumber partying teen girls play a "Truth or Dare" style game that gets quickly out of hand. The trailer makes this one look like a horror/thriller, but it's just a disappointingly girly drama, worthy of the Lifetime network. Nice performances by the young cast 'n all, it's just not "my" kind of movie.

"Carrie" (2013)

21st century update of the Stephen King story still packs a punch. Julianne Moore as Carrie's religious nut Mom is even scarier than Piper Laurie's potrayal of the same character in the 1976 version.

A lot of remakes suck but this one was actually pretty damn good.

I see this is on Netflix.. Been meaning to check it out, but have been a lil leery too as alot of remakes kinda suck.. But since You gave it your stamp of approval I shall be checking it out..... :tumbsup:

"Red Line" (2013)

A low budget thriller that revolves around a terrorist bombing in the Los Angeles subway system. While waiting for rescue, a small group of survivors must deal with the fact that the bomber may still be among them. Pretty average stuff; I've seen better, but I've seen lots worse.

"Blood and Chocolate" (2007)

A gothic/horror/romance set in Bucharest, Romania about a female werewolf who breaks away from her "pack" when she falls for a puny human. Her fellow wolves, naturally, don't take kindly to her betrayal. Stylish flick with some nice European scenery but a little too "Twilight-y" for me.

"The Taking Of Deborah Logan" (2014)

Surprisingly effective faux-documentary horror flick shot in "hand-held" style, which usually irritates the crap out of me. A grad student is filming an alzheimers patient's struggle with the disease as part of her senior thesis, but as symptoms progress and events begin heading in disturbing new directions, it appears that there may be something supernatural at work within the woman as well. My wife picked this flick and though I bitched at first about the "Blair Witch" POV style, I'll admit I got drawn in quickly and even jumped a few times...which I rarely, if ever, do.

"The Muppet Christmas Carol" (1992)

...yeah, the Christmas movies are turning up on Netflix already; my kids asked me to watch this with them.

Anyway, Kermit, Fozzy, Gonzo and the gang's version of the Charles Dickens holiday classic is actually quite faithful to the source material (aside from some of the usual Muppet-y sight gags), with a great turn by Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge.

"Video Games: The Movie" (2014)

A disappointingly dry documentary about the video game industry and its effects on technology, the entertainment industry, and pop culture in general that looks nice but has very little to say. I was hoping for something a little more in-depth about video game history (particularly the early years of arcade games ) but this flick barely scratches the surface, giving you a condensed, Cliffs Notes version mixed with interviews with various gaming industry biggies saying, in effect, "Video games are cool and they'll always be cool." Skip this one and watch "The King of Kong" instead.

• My Little Pony

"Video Games: The Movie" (2014)

A disappointingly dry documentary about the video game industry and its effects on technology, the entertainment industry, and pop culture in general that looks nice but has very little to say. I was hoping for something a little more in-depth about video game history (particularly the early years of arcade games ) but this flick barely scratches the surface, giving you a condensed, Cliffs Notes version mixed with interviews with various gaming industry biggies saying, in effect, "Video games are cool and they'll always be cool." Skip this one and watch "The King of Kong" instead.

Yeah, sounds like a film that was meant to inform the non-nerds. If you're a nerd, you probably already know all that. The King of Kong, however, is a must watch for any nerd.

Netflix double feature last night:

With the kiddos:
"The Aristocats" (1970)

A family of spoiled French kitties must find their way back to Paris after they're dumped in the wilderness by a villainous butler in this Disney 'toon. Along the way they befriend an alley cat and his friends, a gang of jazz loving "scat cats." Not one of Disney's best but the animation is charmingly old fashioned and the kids were entertained.

"Turbulence" (1997)

A serial killer (Ray Liotta) being transported on a cross country flight by federal marshals breaks loose in mid-air, turning a Christmas Eve flight into a hell ride for the airline stewardess (Lauren Holly) he's fixated on. This action/suspense thriller doesn't rank very high on the believability scale but the mayhem is fun to watch.

"Dumb & Dumber" (1994)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zGXZa2dG0

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are a pair of morons who set out on a cross country quest to return a "lost" briefcase to Carrey's dream girl (Lauren Holly), causing chaos and mayhem everywhere along the way. "D&D" is stupid as hell but it appeals to my inner 12 year old.

Lone Survivor (Mark Wahlberg in the 'based on true events' tale of an ill-fated SEAL mission in Afghanistan) - 'enjoyed' is probably the wrong word, but this film was a lot better than I was expecting (although I don't think for one second it tells the whole story.)

I defy anyone not to be moved by the the end-credit photo montage.

• My Little Pony

Odd Thomas

Brilliant film! It's a shame this one fared so poorly in the theatres, and has gained such shit reviews, because we were surprised at how good this film was.

"Dumb & Dumber" (1994)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zGXZa2dG0

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are a pair of morons who set out on a cross country quest to return a "lost" briefcase to Carrey's dream girl (Lauren Holly), causing chaos and mayhem everywhere along the way. "D&D" is stupid as hell but it appeals to my inner 12 year old.

Nothing like good stupid fun... I wanna see the actual sequel, Dumb and Dumber To.....Though I may wait for it to come on Netflix.... :rofl2: