Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Hard Rain" (1998)

Underrated action flick set during a massive Midwestern flood, with Christian Slater as an armored-car security guard trying to keep his truck's payload out of the hands of some thugs who want to use the weather as cover for a robbery. A cool shoot-em-up that may be short on logic but is long on mayhem, has a great cast and an unusual setting.

"Hard Rain" (1998)

Underrated action flick set during a massive Midwestern flood, with Christian Slater as an armored-car security guard trying to keep his truck's payload out of the hands of some thugs who want to use the weather as cover for a robbery. A cool shoot-em-up that may be short on logic but is long on mayhem, has a great cast and an unusual setting.

It would definitely make my top 25 favorite movies...

"Hard Rain" (1998)

It would definitely make my top 25 favorite movies...

I've seen it a few times, a good action flick.

Megamind :)

It's October 1st so I kicked off my annual "Schlock-Tober" Halloween horror marathon with this craptacular:

"Haunted High" (2012)

A bunch of private school students (and their janitor, played by Danny "Machete" Trejo) are trapped in the building overnight with the spirit of a former headmaster and cult leader - who has a thing for human sacrifice. Hilarity ensues. This is a SyFy movie so naturally the effects are cheap, the gore is plentiful, and the acting is terrible. Poor Charisma Carpenter (ex-"Buffy") must need a new agent desperately if this is the kind of stuff she's appearing in nowadays.

Transformers - Age Of Extinction

Schlock-Tober entry #2:

"Robo Vampire" (1988)

An absolutely insane no budget horror/sci-fi/kung fu mashup from Hong Kong. A drug cartel is using Chinese hopping vampires (?) to protect their shipments, and a dead narcotics agent is reborn as an extremely cheap RoboCop knockoff to battle them. In a totally unrelated plot line, a female agent is taken prisoner by the cartel and a team of commandos goes to their jungle base to free her.

...supposedly this flick was stitched together from bits and pieces of two unfinished films which might explain why Robo Vampire appears to have no story whatsoever. It's just a bunch of poorly dubbed, random chop socky action scenes one after another for the entire run time.

I have tried to watch this movie (it's available in its entirety on YouTube) several times over the past couple of years but have always bailed out around the 15 minute mark. Now that I have finally completed it, I believe that I have scaled the top of Bad Movie Mountain.

Schlock-Tober Day #3:

"Stage Fright" (2014)

A musical slasher movie (!) that's kinda like a mish mash of "Scream" and "Glee." A theatre summer camp is menaced by a kabuki-faced killer who's picking off the cast and crew of a "Phantom of the Opera" style musical production. Yes, it's just as silly as it sounds. The kill scenes are bloody, some of the songs are quite funny, but the two genres/styles never really mesh. This flick really wants to be a campy sensation ala "Rocky Horror" but it's not even in the same ball park.

"Phantoms" (1998)

Two sisters, a sheriff and a scientist battle an ancient evil demi-God thingy that's taken up residence under a small Colorado town in this sci-fi/horror thriller based on Dean Koontz's novel. A bit draggy in the middle, but I've seen worse.

"Phantoms" (1998)

Two sisters, a sheriff and a scientist battle an ancient evil demi-God thingy that's taken up residence under a small Colorado town in this sci-fi/horror thriller based on Dean Koontz's novel. A bit draggy in the middle, but I've seen worse.

I gotta ask.. Was Affleck da bomb yo??????

22 Jump Street

Even better than the first. Tatum and Hill have great chemistry.

I enjoyed the first one for what it was, but it should not have been called 21/ 22 Jump Street. The show was NOT a comedy and would have been better if it was more like the show.

"Phantoms" (1998)

I gotta ask.. Was Affleck da bomb yo??????

Word! Affleck was DA BOMB in Phantoms, yo! :rofl2:

"I, Robot" (2004)

Will Smith is a robo-phobic future cop whose investigation into a scientist's murder reveals a plot for a full-on robot uprising. A slick sci-fi action flick with a little more smarts than your average popcorn blockbuster.

"The Final" (2010)

"Heathers" meets "Hostel" in this extremely dark, twisted horror/thriller. A group of high school bullies, Mean Girls and beautiful people are invited anonymously to a "party," which turns out to be orchestrated by the losers and misfits they usually prey on. Needless to say, these long suffering nerds have some rather creative revenge methods on their minds. Disturbing and effectively nasty stuff.