Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

any news on a Justice League movie???

Not that I know of. But that would be cool!

Jack Reacher

Great, brutal action flick with humour and cool car chasing scenes. Recommended.

This looks like it should be good!

Now that "The Avengers" has made a billion dollars for Marvel, I'm sure DC will want to get in on that sweet action themselves with a major mega-team-up for their characters.

• My Little Pony

Now that "The Avengers" has made a billion dollars for Marvel, I'm sure DC will want to get in on that sweet action themselves with a major mega-team-up for their characters.

I thought they had planned to use them same format: origins stories for each character, and then the Justice League film.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174239-has-the-roster-for-the-justice-league-movie-been-revealed

This morning I watched Michael Mann's Collateral, which I enjoyed for the most part but it has kind of a lackluster ending. Makes me want to check out that Jack Reacher flick.

"Dredd" (2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifvRiHVSCY

In this gritty reboot of the Judge Dredd character (last seen in 1995 as played by Sly Stallone), the futuristic lawman is breaking in a new rookie partner. As they carry out their duties they wind up sealed inside a massive "city block" skyscraper that's ruled by a sadistic drug lord, and the Judges have to blast their way out through an armada of drugged-out, armed-to-the-teeth psychos. Yep, that's the whole plot. Lotsa shooting, stuff blowing up, and general brutal mayhem ensues.

On the downside, "Dredd" is nowhere near as big-budget or elaborate as the Stallone film (which is kinda disappointing -- cuz even though the Stallone version had its share of faults it was a great looking movie!) but on the other hand, Karl Urban's portrayal of the character is more true to the comic series. As an added bonus, there's no Rob Schneider in this one.

Dredd's a cool character and in the right hands he could make a truly bad-ass movie, but the Stallone flick blew it and this one doesn't quite make the cut either. Enjoyable in a "B" movie sort of way, but it still falls frustratingly short of the mark.

I thought they had planned to use them same format: origins stories for each character, and then the Justice League film.

How original. :rolleyes:

• My Little Pony

How original. :rolleyes:

I know, but when you see how much money Marvel has made, it's hard to follow suit.

"South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" (1999)

Parental outrage over the smutty antics of Canadian comics Terrance and Philip cause the U.S. to declare war on Canada, with Stan, Kyle, Cartman and the gang caught in the middle. Meanwhile, Satan and his lover Saddam Hussein wait in the wings to take over the Earth unless the kids can stop it.

This feature length musical version of the Comedy Central 'toon is bizarre, twisted, profane, occasionally disgusting, but still totally hilarious all the way through.

• My Little Pony

The Edge

I hadn't seen this until now, and I really enjoyed it.

Buckaroo Banzai

A cult classic. Apparently. This one is... special.

"South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" (1999)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbMl6DjhJ1I

Parental outrage over the smutty antics of Canadian comics Terrance and Philip cause the U.S. to declare war on Canada, with Stan, Kyle, Cartman and the gang caught in the middle. Meanwhile, Satan and his lover Saddam Hussein wait in the wings to take over the Earth unless the kids can stop it.

This feature length musical version of the Comedy Central 'toon is bizarre, twisted, profane, occasionally disgusting, but still totally hilarious all the way through.

Yeah, love this film, very funny. "Operation Get Behind The Darkies" - :lol:

And I love the "Kyle's Mum" song.

It's kinda scary how catchy and memorable the songs are. Every time I watch this movie, I have the "Kyle's Mom," "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" and "Uncle Fucker" lyrics stuck in my head for days afterwards. :rofl2:

It's kinda scary how catchy and memorable the songs are. Every time I watch this movie, I have the "Kyle's Mom," "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" and "Uncle Fucker" lyrics stuck in my head for days afterwards. :rofl2:

:agree:'Uncle Fucker'! How great is that song? And really funny too. I know I'm massively childish and I don't care. :D

:agree:'Uncle Fucker'! How great is that song? And really funny too. I know I'm massively childish and I don't care. :D

I just learned something interesting about a song in that movie today: in the scene where Kenny dies and goes to Hell, a thrash style song called "Hell Isn't Good" plays in the background. While I was watchin' that last night I swore the singer sounded like James Hetfield (or at least someone doing a helluva good impression of him) but there was no mention of him in the end credits. However, I did a little Net searchin' this AM and it turned out that James did indeed own up to singing that bit in an interview with Playboy mag a couple of years after the movie's release (the track itself was played by Trey Parker & Matt Stone's band, "D.V.D.A."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZusf9_Bjx0

(Warning: clip features crudely animated female boobies; NSFW)

For all I know this could be common knowledge by now, but till last night I had no idea! :blink:

• My Little Pony

Peter Kay: The Tour that Didn't Tour, Tour

Fifth or sixth time watching this. It's still as brilliant as the first time. Any of you Peter Kay fans?

Fifth or sixth time watching this. It's still as brilliant as the first time. Any of you Peter Kay fans?

Oh Yes!

I just learned something interesting about a song in that movie today: in the scene where Kenny dies and goes to Hell, a thrash style song called "Hell Isn't Good" plays in the background. While I was watchin' that last night I swore the singer sounded like James Hetfield (or at least someone doing a helluva good impression of him) but there was no mention of him in the end credits. However, I did a little Net searchin' this AM and it turned out that James did indeed own up to singing that bit in an interview with Playboy mag a couple of years after the movie's release (the track itself was played by Trey Parker & Matt Stone's band, "D.V.D.A."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZusf9_Bjx0

(Warning: clip features crudely animated female boobies; NSFW)

For all I know this could be common knowledge by now, but till last night I had no idea! :blink:

I thought that was James singing!! Thanks for confirming it Man!!! LOVE that movie too!! :rofl2:

• My Little Pony

Oh Yes!

What about Lee Evans? I'd love to see either of those two. Or both.

There aren't many people that can have me laughing so hard I'm gasping for air. I had Peter Kay playing, when the boys were over, and I was giggling like a school girl. And my mates were looking at me, then the TV, then back at me giving me a look like, "I don't get it. What's so funny?" And I was just dying. My favourite is probably "Live at the Top of the Tower."

Last movie I went to was the new Batman and it kicked a$$! Nothing like the earlier ones with Keaton and Kilmer(sp?).

Last one I watched on tv was American Wedding. Stifler is such a great character... "I'm gonna rock out with my cock out!" I'm gonna hang out with my wang out!" :lol:

this is a quote from a long time baack but after watching the new trilogy BATMAN movies I tried to watch BATMAN (89, was that the year?) and I find it hard to watch.

Serenity - Pretty good SF film with lots of action.

this is what Im usiing right now to help me sleep. I've seen the movie so many times that I can just turn the commnetary on and close my eyes. it helps to take my mind off crap and maybe I can fall asleep earlier than 1:00am