Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

A friend let me borrow John Carter. Ive heard some complaints, but I liked it and would recommend it to anyne that loves SciFi. And I just relized that the guy that plays Carter was in the Wolverine movie with Lynn Collins

Haha. My wife and I saw about 5 minutes and that was hard enough. Not what I was expecting at all. Maybe I'll see it one day... but not likely. ;)

I was actually looking forward to that coming on Sky.......despite being panned, the trailer looked good to me

Black Swan

Strange film, can't decide if I liked it or not

Dude? Mila Kunis. Natalie Portman. Lesbian love scene. What's not to like? :crazy:

Smokey and the Bandit.. This classic just NEVER gets old!!!

Haven't seen this in dog years, but seeing you mention it on Facebook the other day made me wanna check it out, so I reserved it @ the library. They have to ship it in from another town but I should have it next week sometime...

As for me... I've been slackin' on the film watching lately, need to get back into the groove. Is it weird that all the media whoop-de-doo over the Batman Midnight Movie Theatre Massacre in Colorado makes me wanna pull my DVD of "The Dark Knight" off the shelf and watch it again? :unsure:

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Expected basically nothing from this one, and wound up enjoying it a lot.

James Franco was barely annoying in this one... :P

Just because it's been almost a decade and a half and I've read so much and have heard famous quotes and such, I finally gave in and watched Fight Club.

Pretty much all I've read about it is that it's such a great movie, fantastic acting, superb direction, and a great social commentary on a variety of things, namely not falling in line with what we are programmed to "want". I barely got any of that. The fight scenes were great. Meat Loaf with bitch tits was pretty funny. Helena Bonham-Carter's tits were pretty nice. And even the twist threw me, but I just didn't get all of that other stuff. Between the movie and FFing through commercials, it was 2 1/2 hours plus that felt pretty plodding, at least through the first 90 or more minutes.

Anyone else have the same opinion or do you fall in to the "sliced bread" category?

All the talk about the new "Dark Knight" prompted me to pull my DVD of the previous film off the shelf today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJL5JxEYIw

Still a great flick. Anytime I can sit through a two hour and forty minute movie and not be bored, they're doin' something right.

Heath Ledger's Joker still gives me chills.

Just because it's been almost a decade and a half and I've read so much and have heard famous quotes and such, I finally gave in and watched Fight Club.

Pretty much all I've read about it is that it's such a great movie, fantastic acting, superb direction, and a great social commentary on a variety of things, namely not falling in line with what we are programmed to "want". I barely got any of that. The fight scenes were great. Meat Loaf with bitch tits was pretty funny. Helena Bonham-Carter's tits were pretty nice. And even the twist threw me, but I just didn't get all of that other stuff. Between the movie and FFing through commercials, it was 2 1/2 hours plus that felt pretty plodding, at least through the first 90 or more minutes.

Anyone else have the same opinion or do you fall in to the "sliced bread" category?

I loved this movie but it's been years since I watched it from the beginning.

"Barbarella" (1968)

A pre-"Hanoi" Jane Fonda stars in this campy sci-fi comedy (based on a French comic strip and directed by Jane's then-husband, Roger Vadim) as futuristic sex kitten Barbarella, who's sent to a far off planet to track down a missing Earth scientist. Along the way she battles the alien Black Queen, gets mixed up in a revolution, falls in love with an angel, and loses her clothes -- a lot.

Lots of nifty, swingin' psychedelic set pieces and plenty of eye candy (Miss Fonda was a serious piece of a$$ back in '68!) doesn't make up for the fact that its leading lady can't act her way out of a paper bag, or that the movie as a whole is totally plotless and lumbers randomly from one silly scene to the next.

I was psyched to finally see this cult classic after hearing so much about it over the years but I was disappointed. Oh well, they can't all be gems, I guess.

"Ratatouille" (2007)

[media=]

[/media]

Disney/Pixar animated hit in which a French rat with a knack for gourmet cooking comes to the rescue of a once-famed Parisian restaurant, which is now on the decline and run by the incompetent son of its former world-renowned chef.

As usual, it's beautifully animated and funny as hell, with a sweet side. More "adult" than the usual Pixar fare, the kids probably won't dig this one but their parents will.

"Punisher: War Zone" (2008)

[media=]

[/media]

Marvel Comics' vigilante manages to piss off both the underworld and the FBI when he inadvertently kills a deep cover agent, so the good guys and the bad guys are both gunning for him big time.

The previous two "Punisher" flicks never really hit the mark but the third time is the charm, they FINALLY made a Punisher movie that's true to the comics. Utterly brutal, totally mindless, over the top shootin' sh*t up, blowin' sh*t up fun.

"Conan the Barbarian" (2011)

Jason Momoa takes over the role of Cimmeria's favorite sword-slinger made famous by Ahhh-nuld. In this new tale Conan swears vengeance against the crazed warlord who destroyed his village when he was a child. During his quest he beds a hot princess babe, fights a couple of nasty creatures, and oh yeah, cracks a LOT of heads.

The "story" for this flick is paper thin but you're not likely to notice with all the ass kicking going on. Just like the '80s films, this "Conan" is dumb, but fun.