Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

I'm surprised I'm posting this, but last night I watched a movie called Apocalypto, from Mel Gibson.

I won't even pretend to understand all the nuances, but for a film with no English and subtitles, with a run time over 2 hours, and having the name Mel Gibson attached to it, I was very engaged throught. It's about an ancient Mayan kingdom, their kidnap, and one man's struggle to return to a life of peace. I don't post often here and for me to give a glowing recommendation, it had to be a bit hit with me. I wouldn't describe it as an arthouse flick, but definitely artsy, graphic (in good and I'm sure bad, to some, in ways), and visually stimulating.

I would watch it again in a heartbeat, just to pick up some things I missed/didn't comprehend the first time.

yep, that was a good movie

PROJECT X (2012)

a plotless teenage party movie, regarding three best friends that want to celebrate one of the guy's birthday by inviting every people so they can get famous, but the party turns out to be much wilder and crazier than they expect. One thing that'll bother you as a parent or older guys is that if this thing happens to you, then your kid is completely fucked up, but another thing will probably reminds you of your crazy days as teenager, 'been there done that' kinda thing :D

just a simple fun 1.5 hours waster and to quote Jimmy Kimmel, he never seen teenage boobs everywhere here since R Kelly's bday party lol

I'm surprised I'm posting this, but last night I watched a movie called Apocalypto, from Mel Gibson.

I won't even pretend to understand all the nuances, but for a film with no English and subtitles, with a run time over 2 hours, and having the name Mel Gibson attached to it, I was very engaged throught. It's about an ancient Mayan kingdom, their kidnap, and one man's struggle to return to a life of peace. I don't post often here and for me to give a glowing recommendation, it had to be a bit hit with me. I wouldn't describe it as an arthouse flick, but definitely artsy, graphic (in good and I'm sure bad, to some, in ways), and visually stimulating.

I would watch it again in a heartbeat, just to pick up some things I missed/didn't comprehend the first time.

yep, that was a good movie

Yeah I wasn't expecting much from it but it turned out to be pretty good...not normally my cup of tea as I don't like to read my movies...

Bridesmaids

Decent overall, with several VERY funny scenes, but if you took Melissa McCarthy's character out of the movie, it would have been a 2 hour snoozefest...

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Orig Swedish Vers.)

Excellent! Love Noomi Rapace

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Orig Swedish Vers.)

Excellent! Love Noomi Rapace

Yeah - great movie and she is excellent in it. Gonna check out the new US version next and see how that compares.

"Our Man Flint" (1965)

First of the 60s spy spoofs starring James Coburn as super agent Derek Flint, agent of Z.O.W.I.E., who makes the ladies swoon while saving the world from a group of mad scientists who've developed weather-controlling technology. Goofy-on-purpose, good fun.

It's not like I keep up with the times or anything, but last night I saw 3:10 To Yuma and, as much as I thought I'd hate it because Russell Crowe was in it, I have to say, I thought it was a pretty damn good movie, if not a bit formulaic.

To boil it down, it's a gritty Western-type movie with a build to a thumbs-up conclusion, altlhough it's not an everything worked out fine ending.

THE BORGIAS - Season 2 (2012)

my fave series so far, this and Game of Thrones are what makes TV series brilliant, and both were only 10 episodes, so not dragged too long with many pointless conversation, every scene is just essential.

the acting is so natural and stunning, Jeremy Iron is a god! Lookin' forward to Season 3, a must watch if you haven't seen this!

THE KILLING - Season 2 (2012)

a bit anti-climax at the end, quite predictable halfway through the movie which one's suspicious, and the whole plot isn't really strong. This type of killing should have been solved in one single episode of Criminal Minds while they dragged it into 2 seasons.

However, not a bad series, if Season 3 came out, I probably still gonna watch it, but perhaps won't be missed if it's cancelled.

Fright Night (2011 version with Collin Ferrell)

I like the original better, but as far as re-dos go, it ain't bad...