Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

X Men: First Class

Easily the best of the X Men films. I really enjoyed this one. I'm not a comic guy, so I didn't mind the changes.

Bridesmaids

This time it was the unrated version. Dammit, I love this film. It's bloody hilarious. If you haven't seen it, yet, pick it up. I strongly doubt you'll be disappointed.

Yesterday I chugged through three blu ray discs, the AWESOME Step brothers, the most excellent Despicable me and the mediocre Resident Evil:Afterlife.

Now, just settling down to watch Pirates of the Caribbean:On stranger tides.

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtnC_BjdJtQ

One of my all time favorite films, "W.F.R.R." is still a technical marvel 20+ years after its release. It combines the best of the 1940s noir/detective genre with the total anarchy of the best Tex Avery/Looney Tunes cartoons, in a story of a down-on-his-luck private eye who gets mixed up with a cartoon rabbit accused of murder.

I never get tired of this movie. I've seen it dozens of times and the live action/animation mix still amazes me to this day. There are still a few scenes that make me wonder, "How the hell did they DO that?"

THOR, ehhh. Visually great, story ok I guess. Being a fan of both the comic books and original Norse mythos, the various changes kind of irked me on this film. Also, I hope I don't come off sounding racist, but making two of the gods Black and Asian seemed like pandering to me. Anyway, one step closer to AVENGERS...

Thor.. Pretty good movie... :tumbsup:

Though I missed Stan Lee's cameo if He had one??? :unsure:

STAN THE MAN was the driver of the pickup truck who tried to budge Thor's hammer :)

"Source Code"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkTrG-gpIzE&feature=player_embedded

Odd but compelling sci-fi/suspense thriller in which a a soldier has to stop a terrorist bombing on a train... by being "projected" into the body of a passenger on said train. From there he has only 8 minutes before the bomb explodes to find the bomber and disarm it. If he fails (which he does, several times) he's pulled back into a super secret military lab where they "relaunch" him back onto the train to try again. There's more to it of course (otherwise it would be a very short movie, haha), but I'll let the rest of you discover it.

Office Space (1999)

hm actually a satire movie about 9-5 office life. Couple of funny moments but as a comedy movie, it's a bit too dry for me, but then it ain't a bad movie at all. It reminds me of myself when I walk and work in similar office, a samey situation, weird though but looks like the main objective of that movie is for those office folks. That 'what happening' thing is becoming dejavu, especially when you're in the same position as Peter and every morning your boss suddenly standing by your desk :D

Lemonade Mouth

Watched this with the kids, rubbish, corny, horrible

Prom Night (2008)

Slasher movie with no explicit violence which was a nice change.

THOR, ehhh. Visually great, story ok I guess. Being a fan of both the comic books and original Norse mythos, the various changes kind of irked me on this film. Also, I hope I don't come off sounding racist, but making two of the gods Black and Asian seemed like pandering to me. Anyway, one step closer to AVENGERS...

Not seen it yet as it doesnt come out here on blu ray and dvd til Monday, but I always thought Hogun the grimm was Asian looking in the comic books, so its nothing new.

"Tron: Legacy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9szn1QQfas&feature=player_embedded

28 years (!) after the original "Tron," the grown son of Jeff Bridges' character from that film enters the digital realm of the "Grid" to investigate his father's mysterious disappearance. Turns out that Bridges has been trapped in the computer realm while his evil digital counterpart, "Clu," has taken over. Now Clu wants to escape into the "real" world. Lots of whiz-bang, way cool visual effects (Light cycles! Disc battles! Recognizers!) ensue.

This flick probably could've been a bit shorter but otherwise this was a fun ride. Extra bonus points for the casting of Olivia Wilde from "House" as a female "program" cuz she looks hot as hell in one of those skin tight neon bodysuit thingies.

Also of note: the soundtrack by French electro-pop duo Daft Punk somehow manages to sound retro/80s and futuristic at the same time. Neat stuff.

28 years (!) after the original "Tron," the grown son of Jeff Bridges' character from that film enters the digital realm of the "Grid" to investigate his father's mysterious disappearance. Turns out that Bridges has been trapped in the computer realm while his evil digital counterpart, "Clu," has taken over. Now Clu wants to escape into the "real" world. Lots of whiz-bang, way cool visual effects (Light cycles! Disc battles! Recognizers!) ensue.

This flick probably could've been a bit shorter but otherwise this was a fun ride. Extra bonus points for the casting of Olivia Wilde from "House" as a female "program" cuz she looks hot as hell in one of those skin tight neon bodysuit thingies.

Also of note: the soundtrack by French electro-pop duo Daft Punk somehow manages to sound retro/80s and futuristic at the same time. Neat stuff.

Great film and a really good soundtrack. Just got the Blu-ray which is stunning aswell.

Great film and a really good soundtrack. Just got the Blu-ray which is stunning aswell.

I can only imagine what this movie must've looked like in IMAX 3D. With so much going on visually, people's heads must've exploded. :lol:

in Tron You can't help but smile and love the scene when he goes into the old arcade, throw the power switch on and the jukebox starts blasting Journey.

Trucker - watched for Nathan Fillian only. was not a great movie at all. Nathan was really just a side character

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3xNF4-B_9E

Hot Coffee (2011)

a great documentary on how citizen can exploit the legal system and how goverment and corporate change the law and at some point, the law was a backfire to citizen. Four relevant exhibits presented here, an interesting movie if you want to know how the law system in USA really works and its flaws, and I do think it's important for us to at least have a small picture of it.

Caught the Fright Night remake online last night and being an extreme hater of film remakes I'd let this one skim by as passible. Russell Crow did just fine as vampire Jerry and I am happy to report, even though this time around it is cgi instead of good ole' makie up the vampire faces are still nice and stretchy wide mouthed creepy looking...

Priest - I really liked this one. wouldnt call it fantastic but for a good ol vampire with a twist - sci-fy - future action type it was a turn your brain off and sit back and enjoy the ride. some points were not well hidden as I guessed them pretty early on but still wasn't a waste of time.