Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

True Grit (2010)......decent remake but nothing compared to the original....really don't understand all the hoopla over this one. The Rooster Cogburn character is a great character to build a movie around and IMO it's too bad they couldn't write an original script for him as Jeff Bridges did a good job in the roll. Instead I found myself comparing every scene to the original movie and found most of them wanting...

'Felon' ; Very good film featuring Stephen Dorff and Val Kilmer. Story about a dude in the prime of his life with a wife and kid who accidentally kills a robber outside of his house one night. The film then follows his journey in prison with corrupt prison guards... I really enjoyed it. Good film.

'First Born' ; Terrible, super depressing film about a couple who has their first child and the mother pretty much goes insane. It just wasn't pleasant viewing in any way, shape or form. I can imagine the main character would be a bit of a milf when presented well, but everything about this film was just too depressing.

'Flight of the Living Dead' aka 'Plane Dead' ; I was actually angry at this heap of steaming shit for being on my TV screen. WHat a c*nt of a thing. I have never seen 'Night of the Living Dead' completely by strong choice. I'm pretty sure this must be related to it somehow. It is a f*cking terrible film about "zombies" on a plane... man I just can't describe how much I hated it. I actually held on for about 50mins because there were quite a few sexy passengers and flight stweardesses, but when the zombies started killing everyone I had to fast forward... I was so bored and irritated by the shit I was watching. The acting, story and actual conclusion were all just arguably the most annoying things I have seen on film. Please, for the love of christ avoid this so heavily it hurts. Top 5 worst movies I've ever seen, easily.

The Day The Earth Stood Still

That film is total and utter garbage.

You think that one's bad? Check out the ultra-low-budget knock off (with a highly original title!) from Asylum Studios...

220px-Earthstopped.jpg

:lol:

Predators

Pointless sequel.......pretty much just a re-hash of the first film, but worse....a lot worse.

How To Train Your Dragon

Pretty cool I guess, and my 4 year old loved it. Not much here for adults but its worth watching with yr kids.

I watched that piece of shit the other day too. I must have forgot about it. It's that kind of film. Yeah, that one was real rubbish. How good was the part where the world is being destroyed and the mum and kid hide under a footbridge and avoid all the destruction? F*cking rubbish...

BATMAN: Under The Red Hood - man, that was pretty sweet. a must watch IMO

It's pretty emotional for an animated movie, I liked it. I think DC has been doing a better job at the animated features than Marvel, but I still watch them all

"The Morgue" (2008)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maGlKKkUCoQ

Below-average horror/psychological thriller in which a group of stranded travelers face weirdness at an out-of-the-way mortuary. Nicely filmed, decent performances, but the script is terribly jumbled and the supposed "shocking twist" ending was telegraphed from a mile away.

Final rating: Piss-poor.

Went to GREEN LANTERN tonite, pretty good. Really enjoyed the space scenes, Earth scenes were kind of dull. Story was kind of weak compared to the great writing in the GL comics the past few decades. A sequel could be great though. NEEDS MORE KILLOWOG!

Saw THE VAMPIRE'S ASSISANT on dvd earlier today, I liked it. It is not an adult movie, but is not overly dumb either, it also has a lot of actors I like in it. The ending left everything unresolved though, kind of like EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. I hope for a sequel, if not the movie will be kind of pointless.

TOO BIG TO FAIL

finally got this movie on my harddisk, God bless the internet, and definitely a great watch, many dialogs there, so not recommended for action-lovers, but thoroughly explains the chronology of government's bailing out in the midst of 2008 crisis. Some financial terminology used but plain enough to understand for the public.

Thanks Wes for the heads up, btw another friend of mine recommends me 'Inside Job', starred by Matt Damon, anyone watch it ? planning to look for the DVD this week

:popcorn:

TOO BIG TO FAIL

finally got this movie on my harddisk, God bless the internet, and definitely a great watch, many dialogs there, so not recommended for action-lovers, but thoroughly explains the chronology of government's bailing out in the midst of 2008 crisis. Some financial terminology used but plain enough to understand for the public.

Thanks Wes for the heads up, btw another friend of mine recommends me 'Inside Job', starred by Matt Damon, anyone watch it ? planning to look for the DVD this week

'Inside Job' is very insightful mate and well worth watching. I've worked in Banks for 8 years or so and have seen it all, but it gave a lot of interesting background and has some fascinating interviews with some very dodgy characters in the political world. It gives the impression that the entire global economic crisis was caused by Clinton and Bush letting senior banking figures into the political system...

TOO BIG TO FAIL

'Inside Job' is very insightful mate and well worth watching. I've worked in Banks for 8 years or so and have seen it all, but it gave a lot of interesting background and has some fascinating interviews with some very dodgy characters in the political world. It gives the impression that the entire global economic crisis was caused by Clinton and Bush letting senior banking figures into the political system...

Thanks Tim, will go look for it, i have a huge interest in this financial thing and i just saw IMDB's folks gave this a solid 8, so it should be huge :popcorn:

Battle: Los Angeles - I really enjoyed it. maybe I was just in the mood for it or something. It did have that Black Hawk Down meets Independence Day thing going on but I really didn't enjoy BlackHawk Down very much.

In all honesty I'd rate it about the worst film I've ever seen at the cinema. Usually my instinct about films to go see, rather than wait for Blu-ray, is good. But I picked this over Skyline and I got it wrong big-time!

Haven't seen "Battle: Los Angeles" but I did see "Skyline" and it was mostly lame other than the pretty FX.

I did see the SyFy Channel's low-budget ripoff of "B: LA" (oh-so-creatively titled "Battle OF Los Angeles") though, and even though it was pretty terrible (in a most entertaining way) I'm told by some folks who've seen both that the ripoff was actually better! :rofl:

SUNSET LIMITED

interested to find out about this movie after watching Too Big To Fail and see a close reference at imdb. This is unusual, a conversational/dialog driven movie which centered on only two persons for 1.5 hours debating about God, life, knowledge, and anything closely related, talking in an old dusty apartment. Samuel Jackson played the ex-murderer turned Christian and Tommy Lee Jones as the atheist professor who went for a suicidal attempt earlier but saved. I must say, this one is a very interesting movie but I'm expecting a little more twist at the end as for the last 30 minutes, you'll feel that their topic is just circling around, but then this kinda topic is almost impossible to reach a single conclusion anyway.

Like it, 7.5/10

RANGO

well funny cartoon but definitely not for kids, especially on those wild languages. Johnny Depp fills the voice of that chameleon cowboy, good but not really great, quite entertaining i guess.

7/10