Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"The Other Guys" (2010)

Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are a pair of dimwit NYC cops who stumble onto a plot to drain the Police Pension Fund. An occasionally funny action comedy that could've used a lil' more "action."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6WOoUG1eNo&feature=player_embedded

Not great, but I've seen a lot worse too.

Love & Other Drugs - I will say that it was an ok movie. I don't hate that I watched it. I keep wanting to call it Sex & Other Drugs. I love Anne Hathaway and the amount of sex in this movie just makes me want to mix up the title. and as I said, I love Hathaway and after this it hasn't changed at all.

GREEN HORNET tonight, it was good I guess. To me it didn't seem to decide on a tone. Lots of slapstick violence, but lots of deaths, funny parts, but not overall funny enough to really be a comedy. It would have been better if they had went with one direction or another. It seems a lot of movies are like that lately, I guess people don't seem to mind

A double feature of vintage Roger Corman drive-in cheapies:

"Attack of the Giant Leeches"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek43qsMoiUw&feature=related

Mutant leeches are draining the blood out of Florida swamp dwellers, and it's up to a hunky Game Warden to find and destroy 'em. I was prompted to dust this one off after reading in the paper that Yvette Vickers (the hot blonde chick seen briefly in this trailer) was found dead in her Hollywood home this week.

"Last Woman on Earth"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoCNY8ufeo0

"Twilight Zone"-ish story of an (unhappily) married couple and their lawyer (!) on vacation in Puerto Rico. When the trio resurface after a scuba diving expedition they discover that while they were "under," everyone on the surface is dead due to an "unexplained accidental interruption of oxygen." Yes, really. Naturally, with two dudes and only one woman left on Earth, the inevitable love triangle ensues.

Basket Case

Still absolute rubbish, terrible stop animation scenes, rubbish acting etc

Machette - Awesome movie! Loved it.

"Machete don't text!"

Doolan's Cadillac - based on a Stephen King short story, I guess this wasn't bad at all. Just a variation on your typical revenge story, I guess, but entertaining enough.

Driftwood - another kind of typical story about a detention center and the kids in it. Like the above, nothing outstanding but not a bad movie by any means. Kept me interested.

Dark Water - and the trio is complete. Again, nothing outstanding, but genuinely creepy at times. I did get bored early but that was just because I had other things on my mind. Paused the movie, went out on a photo journey, came back and watched the rest with enough interest. Solid film.

"Shadow Zone: The Undead Express"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl6_tN71HuY

Godawful silly, snail-paced made for TV 'spooky' flick apparently aimed at young teens (think R.L. Stine's "Goosebumps," or a kiddie "Tales from the Crypt" - the movie even starts with an introduction from a Crypt-Keeper style narrator) about a New York teenager who discovers a troop of vampires who've been trapped in an abandoned subway tunnel for decades. They, of course, want to use him as their ticket back to the surface. Not nearly as interesting as it probably sounds. Dumb-diddy-dumb-dumb-dumb. My 8 year old loves the "Goosebumps" series of books/videos but he was bored stiff by this flick within 15 minutes. Can't say I blame him.

Doolan's Cadillac - based on a Stephen King short story, I guess this wasn't bad at all. Just a variation on your typical revenge story, I guess, but entertaining enough.

Yea but you get Christian Slater!

On topic House Bunny.

Funny in that Adam Sandler kind of way. Certainly could have used more skin. ::))

"The Green Hornet"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMA-taGtfXs

The '60s TV classic gets an action-comedy update starring Seth Rogen (!) as Britt Reid, the crusading newspaper honcho by day, crime fighter by night. It was a decent flick but it would've worked better if it had concentrated less on the "comedy," because the constant banter between Britt and Kato feels really forced after a while. The action scenes are well done, but I gotta say, Bruce Lee never needed fancy "Matrix" style slo-mo effects or CGI assistance when he kicked ass as Kato.

Sharp-eyed metal geeks will want to watch for the blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo appearance by the members of Anvil, who are seen briefly during a nightclub scene.

I used a free rental I'd earned from RedBox to check this out, so for that price obviously I'm not gonna complain too much. :lol: