Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

'Bruce Almighty' ; not too bad, I guess, but Carey was pretty annoying in it. I did like the news reading scene with Steve Corell (sp?), though. lol'd heavily.

'Snatch' ; or whatever this new one with Angelina Jolie in it is called. Good, solid action film. Nothing great, but entertaining viewing anyway. Shame she looked so unattractive in it, though.

New film with Jennifer Lopez ; totally forget what it was called. Saw it in a double-header at the drive-in. It was pretty terrible to be honest. It was about a woman (Lopez) who gets artificially spermed up as she wants a kid but just can't find the right man. So of course as soon as she gets spermed up she meets a dude and they fall in sexual love and then blah blah... it was awful. Can't for the f*ck of me think what it was called...

War of the Worlds (2005, with Tom Cruise)

Quite entertaining, but pretty far-fetched .........

"Event Horizon" - way-cool, underrated-as-hell sci-fi/horror flick about an interstellar rescue team sent to investigate a long-lost space station which turns out to be possessed by an ancient evil. Fantastic set design, creepy as hell atmosphere and great performances, especially by Sam Neill and Laurence Fishburne ("this ship is a tomb.")

"Event Horizon" - way-cool, underrated-as-hell sci-fi/horror flick about an interstellar rescue team sent to investigate a long-lost space station which turns out to be possessed by an ancient evil. Fantastic set design, creepy as hell atmosphere and great performances, especially by Sam Neill and Laurence Fishburne ("this ship is a tomb.")

:agree:

Great to see someone talk positively about this film. Such a great film, and massively underrated. Might have to watch it again now...

Great to see someone talk positively about this film. Such a great film, and massively underrated. Might have to watch it again now...

Hells yeah, it's a great movie. I was watching some of the special feature/supplementary stuff on the DVD last night and Paul Anderson (director) sez that when he first turned the movie in, it ran almost a half hour longer and had MUCH more gore and disturbing "Hell" imagery in it, but test audiences freaked (P*ssies! Haha) so he had to cut it down in order to pass the ratings board. Would be sweet to see some of that nasty stuff edited back into a "director's cut" but apparently much of the footage has been lost... D'OH! :homer:

Hells yeah, it's a great movie. I was watching some of the special feature/supplementary stuff on the DVD last night and Paul Anderson (director) sez that when he first turned the movie in, it ran almost a half hour longer and had MUCH more gore and disturbing "Hell" imagery in it, but test audiences freaked (P*ssies! Haha) so he had to cut it down in order to pass the ratings board. Would be sweet to see some of that nasty stuff edited back into a "director's cut" but apparently much of the footage has been lost... D'OH! :homer:

The idea of where the ship has been is so original, for me it makes the film fantastic. I think maybe a lot of reviewers missed this. Or they just don't like anything that isn't a rom-com.

The idea of where the ship has been is so original, for me it makes the film fantastic. I think maybe a lot of reviewers missed this. Or they just don't like anything that isn't a rom-com.

I remember when it came out in '97 it pretty much came and went from theatres in about a week, it just didn't catch on. It's definitely developed a cult following over the years though.

I remember when it came out in '97 it pretty much came and went from theatres in about a week, it just didn't catch on. It's definitely developed a cult following over the years though.

I saw it at the cinema and loved it. £2.99 for special edition DVD on Amazon, bargain.

My latest:

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Excellent anime film. Thoroughly enjoyed this, great story and good characters, although I was a tiny bit baffled by the ending.

"Star Crash" - a 1979 Italian sci-fi flick that tried to cash in on the "Star Wars" craze. I've rambled about this flick around here before but it truly must be seen to be believed. It's crap, but it's AWESOME crap.

Finally got IRON MAIDEN- RAISING HELL. It's been in my DVD queue for over a year and shipped at last. Mixed review, the video is crystal clear and the boys look great, but it sounds crappy. I think they just miked Dave, because he is the only one you can hear. If you want to learn his solos, this is the DVD for you. It also features a "metal magician" who does tricks between the songs (FF). Can't believe I've waited so long to see this :)

Just saw RUSH- BEYOND THE LIGHTED STAGE, more than made up for it ;)