Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Hey Keith?? Did you like Kevin Spacey as Luther though?? He was downright spooky.....

Anyways...

Yesterday I watched "From Paris with Love"?? Fucking Excellent!! Probably John Travolta's BEST role since Pulp Fiction.. I LOVED it!!!

Then I watched Shutter Island?? While I am not a huge fan of Leonardo DeCaprio?? He was Brilliant in this!! Not really a horror flick, more of a psychological thriller.. Very well done...... :tumbsup:

hated Pulp Fiction. didn't even finish watching it. would I enjoy From Paris With Love?

Hey Keith?? Did you like Kevin Spacey as Luther though?? He was downright spooky.....

Anyways...

Yesterday I watched "From Paris with Love"?? Fucking Excellent!! Probably John Travolta's BEST role since Pulp Fiction.. I LOVED it!!!

Then I watched Shutter Island?? While I am not a huge fan of Leonardo DeCaprio?? He was Brilliant in this!! Not really a horror flick, more of a psychological thriller.. Very well done...... :tumbsup:

hated Pulp Fiction. didn't even finish watching it. would I enjoy From Paris With Love?

Honestly?? Yes.. Lots of shit being blown up, good fight scenes.. Highly enjoyable.... :tumbsup:

Nothing like Pulp Fiction really..... :whistle:

Spacey looked like he was having a lot of fun playing Luthor, but he seemed miscast to me. Or maybe I was just missing Gene Hackman. :lol: He didn't even refer to himself as "Lex Luthor, greatest criminal mind of our time" (except in a deleted scene in the bonus features, haha)!!!!

Lake Mungo,a Australian made film done in a doco style about a drowning with alot of twists,not your typical ghost story.Enjoyed this movie.

Agreed, this was a good movie, certainly kept you watching throughout and fortunately no cheap scares like that Paranormal Activities flick everyone raved about.

On topic: Toy Story 3

Good franchise and an interesting and entertaining return.

"Fritz the Cat" (1972)

Ralph Bakshi's animated version of the Robert Crumb underground comic book. This flick was quite notorious in its day and was the first animated film to receive an "X" rating. I was disappointed; I was expecting something a lot sleazier based on its rep. Basically Fritz, a hippie cat, goes on a cross-country trek from New York to San Francisco, where he gets caught up in a race riot, gets mixed up with a Nazi biker gang, and oh yeah, smokes a lot of dope and has a lot of sex. Occasionally funny and the animation's nice (in a twisted, early 70s, gritty kind of way) but I get the feeling that this was the kind of movie that was made for stoned people, by stoned people, and since I don't do that stuff anymore I wasn't in the right, ahem, "frame of mind" for it.

"Fritz the Cat" (1972)

Ralph Bakshi's animated version of the Robert Crumb underground comic book. This flick was quite notorious in its day and was the first animated film to receive an "X" rating. I was disappointed; I was expecting something a lot sleazier based on its rep. Basically Fritz, a hippie cat, goes on a cross-country trek from New York to San Francisco, where he gets caught up in a race riot, gets mixed up with a Nazi biker gang, and oh yeah, smokes a lot of dope and has a lot of sex. Occasionally funny and the animation's nice (in a twisted, early 70s, gritty kind of way) but I get the feeling that this was the kind of movie that was made for stoned people, by stoned people, and since I don't do that stuff anymore I wasn't in the right, ahem, "frame of mind" for it.

Have you seen the 'sequel' "The Nine Lives Of Fritz The Cat"? Seems it has the same story line, and I felt the same things like you: 1. I'm not a junkie 2. I'm not living in the 70's. Absolute unenjoyable something.

"Fritz the Cat" (1972)

Have you seen the 'sequel' "The Nine Lives Of Fritz The Cat"? Seems it has the same story line, and I felt the same things like you: 1. I'm not a junkie 2. I'm not living in the 70's. Absolute unenjoyable something.

Nope, haven't seen the sequel and after watching this one I'm not terribly interested in seeing it, either. "Fritz" was mildly interesting at times, but I'd say the passage of years has dulled its impact. (Back in 1972 when it was released, I'm sure it freaked a lot of people out though!!)

Check this out though: Robert Crumb (creator of the Fritz character) was SO pissed off by the film version that he killed Fritz off in a comic strip shortly after the movie's release, and he has never drawn the character again. That was 30+ years ago.

potter.jpg

:rofl: Stabbed in the back of the head with an icepick. Why don'cha tell us how you REALLY feel about Hollywood, Robert? :lol:

Seriously tho, even though "Fritz" wasn't as good as I'd hoped,I'm gonna give director Bakshi another shot tonite with "Wizards," an animated sci-fi/fantasy film he directed in the late '70s. Anybody seen that one? I'm told it's way better than "Fritz."

"Wizards" (1977)

Animated sci-fi/fantasy directed by Ralph Bakshi, about two wizards -- one good, one evil -- battling for supremacy on a post-apocalyptic Earth populated by mutants, fairies and elves. In other words, weird sh*t. But that's Bakshi all over. Haha. Nicely animated but the story wasn't terribly interesting (and the constant WWII/Nazi imagery used on the bad guys seemed a little out of place). Probably would've had a better impact if I'd seen it on the big screen in '77 after smoking a couple of phatties.

Useless trivia, a pre-"Star Wars" Mark Hamill has a small voice part.

Alice In Wonderland - way better than I thought it would be.

ATTENTION ALL PET OWNERS

HACHI - wow, what a story. based on a true story the time has been updated (took place in Tokyo back in the 1920's) and place but the heart of the story is intact. I cried like a baby several times

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028532/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaS37E3gKOU&feature=related

Just watched Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back for the first time ever. I have to say, it's pretty damn funny!

Hey man, that's a classic movie! :tumbsup:

It's good, Jay is so funny.

Just watched Road Trip. Because I love Amy Smart. :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire: :quagmire:

Moon

Sci fi film with Sam Rockwell. Quite slow at times, but a well put together film and a great story; I really enjoyed it.

Just got a free month of HBO, so I'm watching/DVRing as many movies as possible.

The other night, I saw The Last Castle, with Robert Redford and James Gandolfini. It was longer, but I thought it was a good movie. I've never been a huge Redford fan (although I can't say good or bad because I've seen little to no work of his), but enjoyed this one and would check out his other movies if I found one.

*edit

Just watched 12 Rounds. It wasn't horrible, but certainly glad I watched it for free on HBO and didn't pay to rent it or anything. (Plus, if you watch WWE at all, you know Cena was going to win anyway. haha)

I usually don't bring up old stuff, but I was watching THE STAND tv miniseries again, stinks worse than ever. Some ok acting, but props, sets and fx are a joke, plus to water down such a dark, complex masterpiece (perhaps KING's best) is just embarassing.

If any book cries out to be remade big budget, it's this one. You could easily strech it into a trilogy.

"Snakes on a Plane" -- For some reason a bunch of dorks with blogs decided that this movie was the greatest thing since canned beer prior to its release, but if you take away the silly Internet phenomena that surrounded it back then it's just a good ol' fashioned action/horror B-Movie with Samuel L. Jackson at his most bad-ass. I loved it. :rofl: